Archer Season Whatever: Caress of Krieger

Myshkin

Agreed. It was a great episode up until the reveal. That part was dumb and seemed very out of character for Lana (unless that wasn't the real AJ, but rather a Kreiger cyborg; too bad that wasn't in the reveal). Considering that the actor did shoot him, twice, I was hoping Archer would enact some sort of revenge anyway.

An AJ clone reveal like that would've been awesome. Instead we got ShyamaLana'd.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one having fun with trying to somewhat identify Archer's timeperiod (it's impossible I know). He has a modern smartphone, but that jet he had to blow up looked more like the type of fighter they used in the Korean War. The SU appears to have fallen or are they just in detente? That wasn't clear to me. And the Japanese soldier should be at least 90 years old. Just great for one show to have all these elements.

I think it's a bizarro 1970s with 21st century technology. Recall that Woodhouse is a WWI veteran too.

I think it's a bizarro 1970s with 21st century technology. Recall that Woodhouse is a WWI veteran too.

How could I forget, that is definitely one of the best episodes this show has had :D

That episode was really fun. Ending was fucking fantastic.

I feel like the B storyline with Pam and the crew was a bit unnecessary, they probably cut a lot of material from both storylines when they should have just stuck with the A storyline and used the rest somewhere else. I've also noticed the continuity is a bit weird this season, it seems like there's been so many things which you'd expect to be carried on in following episodes that have just been completely left behind. Not that I necessarily prefer the style where the story is carrying over to each episode but I think the writers are better at that.

That episode was fun, although it's one of those episodes that I can't imagine watching again any time soon.

Wonder how long Lana thought she could drag out the "finishing her PhD excuse". Aren't she and Archer both in their mid-to-late-30s? Archer was 34 or 35 from info we got in "Lo Scandalo".

Archived