Bakker XXXI: What Comes After

unJon

Yeah, the meta snark is almost like an involuntary punching of one's self in the face. It doesn't necessarily make sense, but we can't stop.

These books are pretty sweet.

My usual caveat is that the first book takes a while to get going both plot-wise and with a weirdness factor that may feel like a weakness at first but will eventually feel like more of a strength.

We noticed. :) But don't stop. It's most amusing - and understandable, to me, at least.

I have to physically control myself from derailing all threads in Gen Chat - the compulsion is THAT strong to slip in a Bakker reference. So far it's worked...

See, it's like I can't even contemplate the consequences of my actions as I perform them. Letting one's Bakkake flag fly all over the board isn't really good for one's reputation. And if you put me on the spot, I'd say that I generally want people to like me. And yet...

I do try to keep it on the down-low. Although, in my case people would probably dismiss my Bakkake-ness as a sign of my impending downward spiral into dementia. :drunk:

You'll know I've reached that point when I carve a swazon into my forehead.

See, it's like I can't even contemplate the consequences of my actions as I perform them. Letting one's Bakkake flag fly all over the board isn't really good for one's reputation. And if you put me on the spot, I'd say that I generally want people to like me. And yet...

At this point it's too late. Everyone knows. You might as well own it.

We noticed. :) But don't stop. It's most amusing - and understandable, to me, at least.

I have to physically control myself from derailing all threads in Gen Chat - the compulsion is THAT strong to slip in a Bakker reference. So far it's worked...

The death of my Kellhus alt should still be counted as one of the great tragedies of the board...

Yeah, the meta snark is almost like an involuntary punching of one's self in the face. It doesn't necessarily make sense, but we can't stop.

These books are pretty sweet.

My usual caveat is that the first book takes a while to get going both plot-wise and with a weirdness factor that may feel like a weakness at first but will eventually feel like more of a strength.

I do try to keep it on the down-low. Although, in my case people would probably dismiss my Bakkake-ness as a sign of my impending downward spiral into dementia. :drunk:

You'll know I've reached that point when I carve a swazon into my forehead.

At this point it's too late. Everyone knows. You might as well own it.

It is a compulsion.

I need a word for when I type out a Bakkake post but then delete it before posting it. I probably do this at least a half dozen times I day. Sometimes I'll see one of you guys post in a normal thread and I am just itching for even the most tenuous opportunity to drop some Bakkake. I want to, but I know I shouldn't. So really the times that I do Bakkake are only the tip of the iceberg.

Okay I gotta ask. Just from what I can glean from your posts, I'm assuming Bakkake is when you bring up Bakker in another thread, am I right? I've been in this thread for a year now, and seen you guys throw it around. Just never asked. If I'm wrong please elaborate.

Yeah, it's a play on bukkake, which is a bunch of guys coming on a single person.

It is a compulsion.

I need a word for when I type out a Bakkake post but then delete it before posting it. I probably do this at least a half dozen times I day. Sometimes I'll see one of you guys post in a normal thread and I am just itching for even the most tenuous opportunity to drop some Bakkake. I want to, but I know I shouldn't. So really the times that I do Bakkake are only the tip of the iceberg.

Bakkake interruptus?

Bakkake is a serious thing obviously. @HelloWorld suggested Abercrombie do an appendix like in TTT, and I think it got underneath Joe's skin a tad. He posted "sigh".

I think it's more Joe hates that kind of world building.

Archived