[TWOIAF Spoilers] Family tree of all of ASOIAF, updated with TWOIAF

El-Daddy

Awesome. How did you make it? I'm interested for other purposes

The programme is called GenoPro. There's a free version too, but I had bought the full version about 10 years ago to make my own family tree. In making this ASOIAF one, my first port-of-call was the appendices of the books. Then I made individual trees of the 8 Great Houses separately, and then laid them out from left-to-right. I tried to decide on an order of how they should be from left-to-right based on how tidy they were. Then I added in the Freys, and put them over on the far right as I knew they'd be huge. By this point I decided I was going to make it as comprehensive as I could, so I filled all the details I could, putting the lesser houses where-ever they could fit in and keeping the Great Houses in place. I used the wiki, but made sure to check the sources so that everything was accurate. The very long marriage lines running from one side of the tree to another were tricky enough to organise.

At this time, the tree was about back as far as Aerys II, so after that I did all the Targs that I could. Eventually the previews of Stark tree from TWOIAF came out, so I added that in, and since TWOAIF came out, I've added in the rest.

The Velaryon family tricks me a bit. The books states that Lord Daemon Velaryon, Master of Ships and Admiral of the Fleet died during Aegons Conquest by the Arryn fleet.

Later it is howewer stated that a Lord Daemon Velaryon who is admiral of the kings fleet turned against Maegors reign.

A mistake or named Daemon Velaryon his son Daemon?

I dunno, sorry. Aethon, Daemon's son, was one of the few characters taken from LonCon. I do think Daemon died in battle though.

Alright, haven't noticed that.

Aelinor Penrose is still listed as sister of Aerys I. ;)

Thanks.

The programme is called GenoPro. There's a free version too, but I had bought the full version about 10 years ago to make my own family tree. In making this ASOIAF one, my first port-of-call was the appendices of the books. Then I made individual trees of the 8 Great Houses separately, and then laid them out from left-to-right. I tried to decide on an order of how they should be from left-to-right based on how tidy they were. Then I added in the Freys, and put them over on the far right as I knew they'd be huge. By this point I decided I was going to make it as comprehensive as I could, so I filled all the details I could, putting the lesser houses where-ever they could fit in and keeping the Great Houses in place. I used the wiki, but made sure to check the sources so that everything was accurate. The very long marriage lines running from one side of the tree to another were tricky enough to organise.

At this time, the tree was about back as far as Aerys II, so after that I did all the Targs that I could. Eventually the previews of Stark tree from TWOIAF came out, so I added that in, and since TWOAIF came out, I've added in the rest.

It's really awesome. Nice work and thank you :)

The Velaryon family tricks me a bit. The books states that Lord Daemon Velaryon, Master of Ships and Admiral of the Fleet died during Aegons Conquest by the Arryn fleet.

Later it is howewer stated that a Lord Daemon Velaryon who is admiral of the kings fleet turned against Maegors reign.

A mistake or named Daemon Velaryon his son Daemon?

Lord Daemon Velaryon from the Conquest died durning the Conquest. His son was Aethon (or something that sounds similar to this), and either Aethons son, or grandson, was thereby named Daemon Velaryon as well, and this Daemon was Master of Ships during Maegor's reign.

As in 10 AC there was a Corlys Velaryon who was old enough to join the KG, this Corlys would have been either a brother, nephew or son to the original Lord Daemon (who, in turn, might have been the brother of Lady Valaena).

Lady, later Queen, Alyssa Velaryon, could easily have been the sister of this second Daemon Velaryon, or otherwise of the same generation.

• 2 weeks later...

Since first posting this here, I've made a few fixes of things that are missing, and attempted a colour-coding scheme. I decided to go for a different colour for each region, with different shades of the same colour of the associated Great House.

I also have started to denote children born from outside of marriage, using a broken line as suggested.

Here is the updated tree, and here is the colour-coded version. As always - any suggestions/corrections/omissions, feel free to let me know.

[EDIT - newest version in OP here]

Since first posting this here, I've made a few fixes of things that are missing, and attempted a colour-coding scheme. I decided to go for a different colour for each region, with different shades of the same colour of the associated Great House.

I also have started to denote children born from outside of marriage, using a broken line as suggested.

Here is the updated tree, and here is the colour-coded version. As always - any suggestions/corrections/omissions, feel free to let me know.

Fixes

• Fixed order of Jason Lannister's wives and their children.

• Added in Daeron Velaryon, father of Daernaera Velaryon. He is probably a brother of Vaemond Velaryon, or a son or nephew, but I can't be certain.

Argilac the Arrogant's grandfather was Arrec Durrandon, who had at least two brothers. Arrec's successor was his eldest son Arlan V, but we don't know if Arlan V was Argilac's father.

I didn't have Baelor the Blessed down as dead. Woops.

Maron Martell's heir is mentioned as being his son.

Black Aly is the 2nd wife of Cregan Stark (thanks Ran!)

Leowyn Corbray is confirmed by Ran as being the elder brother of Corwyn Corbray.

Maron and Mariah Martell were never marked as siblings.

I fixed the spelling of Joyeuse Erenford.

Added in Robert's Twins in Casterly Rock.

Gendry's mother is dead, and was never marked as such.

Some new points which I think are worthwhile making -

• Lord Daemon Velaryon from the Conquest died during the Conquest. His son was Aethon, and either Aethon's son, or grandson, was thereby named Daemon Velaryon as well, and this Daemon was Master of Ships during Maegor's reign.

• In 10 AC there was a Corlys Velaryon who was old enough to join the KG, this Corlys would have been either a brother, nephew or son to the original Lord Daemon (who, in turn, might have been the brother of Lady Valaena).

Samwell Spicer is the cousin of Gawen and Sybell Spicer. As the house was founded by their grandfather, then Samwell must be their first cousin.

Where is the confirmation of the bolded stuff? Could you link that?

Maron and Daenerys had multiple children. The World Book specifies Daenerys had given him multiple heirs. A Dance with Dragons tells us the eldest was a son.

Where is the confirmation of the bolded stuff? Could you link that?

Maron and Daenerys had multiple children. The World Book specifies Daenerys had given him multiple heirs. A Dance with Dragons tells us the eldest was a son.

No prob, here's the link. It's on the second half of the page.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll edit it and add Maron's heir as having younger siblings.

Superbly done.. I just have some questions/suggestions..

1.) Given the timeline, Damon "The Grey Lion" Lannister may very well had been the son of Jason Lannister, brother of Tyland Lannister who fought for the Green during the DotD.. Jason Lannister's wife was Johanna Westerling, who sought and delivered vengeance against Dalton Greyjoy "The Red Kraken"..

2.) Isn't Maron Martell a possible descendant of Aliandra Martell (a grandson maybe) who was very likely married to Drazenko Rogare, brother to Lysandro Rogare, himself the father of Larra Rogare, the wife of Viserys II and mother ot Aegon the Unworthy, Aemon the Dragonknight and Queen Naerys Targaryen..

3.) It is also very likely that Melantha Blackwood, wife of William Stark was the sister of Betha Blackwood, wife of Aegon V the Unlikely..

1.) Given the timeline, Damon "The Grey Lion" Lannister may very well had been the son of Jason Lannister, brother of Tyland Lannister who fought for the Green during the DotD.. Jason Lannister's wife was Johanna Westerling, who sought and delivered vengeance against Dalton Greyjoy "The Red Kraken"..

2.) Isn't Maron Martell a possible descendant of Aliandra Martell (a grandson maybe) who was very likely married to Drazenko Rogare, brother to Lysandro Rogare, himself the father of Larra Rogare, the wife of Viserys II and mother ot Aegon the Unworthy, Aemon the Dragonknight and Queen Naerys Targaryen..

3.) It is also very likely that Melantha Blackwood, wife of William Stark was the sister of Betha Blackwood, wife of Aegon V the Unlikely..

1) Damon could easily have been a generation later that Jason/Tyland's kids. Being a child of Jason/Tyland would have him jousting around the age of 80... Not very likely.

2) We don't know who continued the Martell line. Was it Aliandra? Was it a sibling? Was it Aliandra's child? We don't know. Though it would be nice to see even more connections of House Martell to House Targaryen.

3) Betha Blackwood was born in 201AC. With roughly 20 to 30 years per generation in between each Stark, and with Brandon born in 262 AC, Melantha could have been born around the same time as Betha, and that could make them sisters. They could also easily be cousins, or of a different generation..

Firstly, thanks!

As Rhaenys said, they are all probably very closely related indeed, but we don't know of any definite connections. I'll add them to the list of close relations though.

Question though (to all) - We hear of Drazenko, Lysandro, Lysaro and Moredo Rogare in TWOIAF, aye? We are also told that Drazenko was the Prince Consort of Dorne.

Separate to this, we know that there is a Qoren Martell, whose heir was Aliandra Martell. Where does it say that Aliandra was the ruler of Dorne that Drazenko married?

Thanks for that!

I have now added the Rogares (I do quite like the look of the purple for the Free Cities in the colour-coded version), and Qoren and Aliandra Martell.

The links on the edit in the first post have been updated.

The added Martells are coincidentally spatially quite close to Maron and Mariah's parents, so if/when we get to connect them up, it won't be too much trouble.

No worries. Do you have confirmation that Falena's husband, Lucas Lothston, is the same as Lucas 'The Pander' Lothston from AFfC?

Calla Blackfyre was married to Bittersteel before the 1st Blackfyre Rebellion and there is already 4 years difference between Aegon/Aemon and Daemon II so she was likely born between them. Considering how many children Daemon I had before he died, every year accounts!

No worries. Do you have confirmation that Falena's husband, Lucas Lothston, is the same as Lucas 'The Pander' Lothston from AFfC?

Calla Blackfyre was married to Bittersteel before the 1st Blackfyre Rebellion and there is already 4 years difference between Aegon/Aemon and Daemon II so she was likely born between them. Considering how many children Daemon I had before he died, every year accounts!

I never had thought about that Lucas one.. I guess I had no reason to think that they weren't the same person.

I do remember deciding to add him as I saw two other people mention that he was the same person, so to be honest, I assumed based on their comments.

A son of Lucas is mentioned somewhere in the rest of the series, though I can't recall his name..

It's Manfryd, the son of Lucas the Pander. We now know how he got his name, I guess...

There is also a Manfred during the Blackfyre Rebellion, although it's unclear whether they are identical or not.

I've always been impressed by these two members' knowledge in particular, so that's where I got the assumption. Thread is here.

As for Calla, that's as good a reason as any to change her position in the family. I'll get to it.

Yeah, there is a Manfred and a Manfryd Lothston mentioned in the books which I've always found unclear whether they are the two separate people or whether it is a spelling mistake. Now we have two Lucas' which I'm hesitant to say is the same guy. The Lothstons are quite a new house as Lucas Lothston (Falena's husband) is the first we know of. So the Pander could have been a grandson or later named after the original. They lasted from Aegon III's reign to Maekar's reign which is about 70 years before they were wiped out.

If either of those two start a thread or are the last commenter, I usually will read it because they always have something interesting to say and they're more interested in getting the facts straight. The Calla reasoning was actually Lord Varys' indea. (Y)

I've been thinking about Cregan Stark recently, and I feel he should be a generation older on the y-axis of this tree. He had quite a long reign as the Lord of Winterfell (it's in his name), so as he was a few years older than Jace Velaryon, who's currently marked as a generation older, then he should be Jace's generation.
If I moved his generation up by one, this change would apply to him, his ancestors and his first two wives, but his third wife Lynara Stark would remain as the generation she currently is. This makes sense, as if he's already had five children by two different wives, chances are that Lynara is going to be a good bit younger than him. What do you think?

Also, it would also apply to the descendents of his children by his first two wives, which would also result in the removing of two inter-generational marriages between sisters Serena and Sansa Stark to brothers Jonnel and Edric.

Also, assuming that Ellard Stark (who "donated" The New Gift to the Night's Watch) is the generation before Rickon (either being his father or uncle), applying the above change would then put Ellard as the same generation as Jaehaerys' I offspring, which would also fit. This would also put him the same generation as Boremund Baratheon, who would have been also have been a contemporary, as they both were Lords when they supported Laenor's claim in the Great Council of 101.

On another note, assuming that Larra Rogare/Viserys II are roughly similar ages, as are Larra's father Lysandro/uncle Drazenko, and Drazenko/Aliandra Martell, then we could postulate that there is one generation between Aliandra and Maron/Mariah's un-named parents. This generation couldn't be included on my tree of course, as we don't know if it's Aliandra's children or nieces/nephews or whatever. It's worth thinking about however, as in the MUSH, Aliandra's nephew Marence is the father of Maron and Mariah, which skips the generation from my reckoning. This skip may be because it's how it always was in the MUSH before TWOIAF, and they don't want to disrupt existing characters' relationships too much with the new canon info, or maybe it is because there was been an inter-generational marriage somewhere that I've missed out on.

I've been thinking about Cregan Stark recently, and I feel he should be a generation older on the y-axis of this tree. He had quite a long reign as the Lord of Winterfell (it's in his name), so as he was a few years older than Jace Velaryon, who's currently marked as a generation older, then he should be Jace's generation.

If I moved his generation up by one, this change would apply to him, his ancestors and his first two wives, but his third wife Lynara Stark would remain as the generation she currently is. This makes sense, as if he's already had five children by two different wives, chances are that Lynara is going to be a good bit younger than him. What do you think?

Also, it would also apply to the descendents of his children by his first two wives, which would also result in the removing of two inter-generational marriages between sisters Serena and Sansa Stark to brothers Jonnel and Edric.

Also, assuming that Ellard Stark (who "donated" The New Gift to the Night's Watch) is the generation before Rickon (either being his father or uncle), applying the above change would then put Ellard as the same generation as Jaehaerys' I offspring, which would also fit. This would also put him the same generation as Boremund Baratheon, who would have been also have been a contemporary, as they both were Lords when they supported Laenor's claim in the Great Council of 101.

On another note, assuming that Larra Rogare/Viserys II are roughly similar ages, as are Larra's father Lysandro/uncle Drazenko, and Drazenko/Aliandra Martell, then we could postulate that there is one generation between Aliandra and Maron/Mariah's un-named parents. This generation couldn't be included on my tree of course, as we don't know if it's Aliandra's children or nieces/nephews or whatever. It's worth thinking about however, as in the MUSH, Aliandra's nephew Marence is the father of Maron and Mariah, which skips the generation from my reckoning. This skip may be because it's how it always was in the MUSH before TWOIAF, and they don't want to disrupt existing characters' relationships too much with the new canon info, or maybe it is because there was been an inter-generational marriage somewhere that I've missed out on.

Ran said that it was not Ellard.

Viserys is 19, and Larra 26/27 (sorry) when they married.

Larra was 19 years old when she married Viserys, and she was 7 years his elder (Viserys was born in 122 AC, Larra in 115 AC)

I CANT READDDDDDDDDD

Sorry for the misdirection...

Who is not Ellard, sorry?

For the woman to be 7-8 years older is unusual in Westeros, I'd say, but it's close enough to be considered the same generation.

Ellard Stark is not the guy who donated the Gift.

Archived