US Politics: The Day After The Political Earthquake

Tywin Manderly

To be fair, his post was pretty even tempered, and did add some perspective.

I don't really appreciate what he said about me. I state my opinion and defend it. If that makes me a troll, this whole forum is full of them. I've only noticed a few straight douches around here, and will give them hell when I get the chance. Other than that, I don't feel I've been trolling.

Government shutdown baby.

Lol! If only that meant we all got a vacation from silly politicians.

As far as the cheese and whine: People, when it all goes tits up, do remember who you voted for and blame them accordingly. Selective memory/blaming someone else doesn't count. (This ought to be included in the voting law and in teeny print above where you put your signature.)

. . .

P.S. And the Minnesota GOP platform includes the following statement, showing that such ideas are not limited to Republicans in oil producing states:

We oppose policies, legislation and mandates that are based on

the theory that humans are responsible for global climate change including the Theory of Man-Made

Global Warming, as well as any energy policies that raise the cost of energy to consumers and do

nothing to protect the environment.

http://mngop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2013-Platform_UpdatedLeadership.pdf

Yes, it is all those other pesky mammals responsible for climate change. It is known.

Unless that should read "the theory that humans are not responsible"?

the left reduced to trolling for shutdowns and impeachment is inspiring stuff

That you've been here for 7 years and lump sol in with the "left" says so much about you.

I don't really appreciate what he said about me. I state my opinion and defend it. If that makes me a troll, this whole forum is full of them. I've only noticed a few straight douches around here, and will give them hell when I get the chance. Other than that, I don't feel I've been trolling.

People think you've been trolling because you have failed to defend your opinion multiple times. When challenged, you focus on one tiny bit that you might be able to prove yourself right on and ignore everything else and often even that barely has anything to do with the point you're trying to make. And when further challenged, you resort to veiled insults and odd celebrations of how wonderful you are.

Look, I'm one of the least intelligent liberals who post here. I read everything but participate in little because they go too in depth for me, so I stick to posting links I hope to foster discussion (or make fun of Republicans). I am one of the dumbest here (though I don't consider myself dumb) and I still absolutely destroyed you when we engaged.

If you're not a troll, then you are terrible at political debate.

I had to go to the store to get some cheese to go with all this whine. :lmao:

To reckon once less lower.

I always respect 'those that came before', and I appreciate your perspective. But for the record

FLOW: left due his objections to the moderation, and issues with how people were treated that went against the grain.

Raids: Dropped her account, and when she tried to come back, she was told never to come back. I believe the phrase, 'I don't want to deal with the headache' was used by the moderator.

Not sure those were the best examples.

The political threads are pretty hostile to Republican/conservative posters, so it's not surprising that those types of posters eventually get fed up with all the abuse. There are numerous posts that allege or characterize that Republicans/the GOP are sexists and racists. That's got to be deeply insulting to non-sexist and non-racist Republicans. The name calling also adds nothing to the discussion, but it comes up so frequently that it's more or less allowed, at least in the political threads.

Huh, didn't know that's why Raidne 2.0 stopped posting.

Lol, well didn't she went through a dramatic fit before that and didn't just quit posting but specifically asked the admin to delete her account?

I could see why the admin would react that way if she asked to have that specific handle reinstall ...... I don't know why she is so special that she can't spend 2 mins to sign up for a new account like the rest of us but I am sure peterbound is very eager to tell us.

The political threads are pretty hostile to Republican/conservative posters, so it's not surprising that those types of posters eventually get fed up with all the abuse. There are numerous posts that allege or characterize that Republicans/the GOP are sexists and racists. That's got to be deeply insulting to non-sexist and non-racist Republicans. The name calling also adds nothing to the discussion, but it comes up so frequently that it's more or less allowed, at least in the political threads.

Maybe they should stop associating themselves with a party of sexists and racists then.

It's #gamerghazi all over again.

Lol, well didn't she went through a dramatic fit before that and didn't just quit posting but specifically asked the admin to delete her account?

I could see why the admin would react that way if she asked to have that specific handle reinstall ...... I don't know why she is so special that she can't spend 2 mins to sign up for a new account like the rest of us but I am sure peterbound is very eager to tell us.

Pretty sure she signed up for a new account.

And if by dramatic fit you mean getting the shit kicked out of her for saying she was pregnant. Ya, that happened.

She did delete her account, but we've all needed to take time away from the board from time to time, and I think that was here way of doing it.

She was always very fair to me, and I was actually kind of ashamed by the way people were treating her in those threads.

See, my point demonstrated almost instantly. Thanks Shryke.

Uh huh.

The whinging about people pointing out what a group does and stands for is no less pathetic in this thread then it is in the #gamerghazi threads. Or in a bunch of other threads we've had.

Pretty sure she signed up for a new account.

And if by dramatic fit you mean getting the shit kicked out of her for saying she was pregnant. Ya, that happened.

She did delete her account, but we've all needed to take time away from the board from time to time, and I think that was here way of doing it.

She was always very fair to me, and I was actually kind of ashamed by the way people were treating her in those threads.

Don't remember that happening.

Are you 12 years old?

Why do you even bother? Mr "context doesn't matter" is a troll or so aggressively ignorant as to be indistinguishable from one. Every reply to him fills threads with useless chaff.

You mean the party that just kicked your ass? Seems like they did something right.

this is one of the odder things about politics in the us, I think.

The Republican Party didn't kick any of the boarders asses. They won a majority of seats in the senate. There is literally nothing most people on the boards could have done about it. Half the people in this thread aren't even legally able to vote or have any association with either party.

Why is this a victory for you? Not the Republican Party, but you personally? And why do you believe it is a personal defeat for so many others?

This isn't a sports contest where there's some odd rivalry. Or it shouldn't be. It's about correctly and competently governing the country. Why is there this consistent verbiage about some kind of triumph that you personally take credit for?

Why do you believe that others should feel shame for some imaginary defeat?

Is that not what happened?

It's such a juvenile remark. I'm willing to believe you are not actually a troll and are posting what you actually think, but really -- your posts are poorly informed, you can't construct a good argument, you can't recognize a good argument, and the sentiments you express are incredibly puerile.

Touched a nerve, did I? Funny how you rant yet cannot counter what I actually said, settling for lame sniping instead. Which is par for course for your activity so far in these threads.

As I said, I value the conservative posters who bring articulate, nuanced arguments to this board. You are not among them; if you are not an alt, you're merely the latest in a long line of right-wing avatars who mistake attitude for nuance.

Archived