Aegon VI- New or old dynasty?

Marcus Agrippa

I am currently building a post on something- most of it depends this question however and I can only find a few answers and most of them seem to be an entirely different situation.

So, here is the question if Aegon VI conquers KL does that mean the Targ's back in control? Do Baratheon's still have a claim under there name AND the Targ dynasty? Does it start a new dynasty? Does he have the same rules or will his rule be more... tempered?

Answers that I found- Robert's rebellion- Eventually all the Lord's paramount bent the knee.

DWD- Various things happen through out this so I am going to edit it down to one- various lords ally with blacks and greens. Comprise ends war with the blacks holding the bloodline.

Blackfrye rebellion- most lords side with targs even after legal recognition- most interesting case but since none of the paramounts actually sided with the Blackfryes so it doesn't matter.

Aegon- Westeros conquered- all kings lose title but retain a a portion of their power. House Gardener eliminated and skipped over to the Tyrells.

House Stark and the kings of winter- Known female starks last in line kept their last name and the last name of their family.

Considering what we know of (f)Aegon it would be a new dynasty. We still don't know if HE knows about his past and might just adopt the Targs anyway.

It would in truth be a new dynasty under the guise of the continuation of the old. Aegon would likely remove the Lord Paramounts who fought against him, and against the old regime in RR unless the Lords Paramount join him.

It would in truth be a new dynasty under the guise of the continuation of the old. Aegon would likely remove the Lord Paramounts who fought against him, and the old regime in RR unless the Lords Paramount join him.

That is also a strong possibility. I can't imagine he has any shot of keeping the North. Varys has to realize that.

It will be a continuation of the old Targaryen dynasty. Seems incredibly unlikely that he would attempt to claim the throne through a possible Blackfyre descent etc as that alone would be a remarkably poor claim.

Should any Baratheons survive they would have a claim both as relations of the Targaryens and their own dyanstys claim (which in turn is based partly on that claim anyway)

Incidently I don't see Aegon trying to shift too many of the old families that ruled as lords paramount except the Baratheons and possibly the Lannisters. He wouldn't have the practical power to do so and a compromise is far more likely, i.e replacing the main Lannister branch with the Lannisters of Lannisport or something of that nature.

Aegon is not some random Targaryen, he comes (allegedly) from the line of Aerys via Rhaegar.

Considering many still call Robert the "Usurper", whoever sits on the throne at the end and still has blood of Aerys and Rhaella (which fits also Dany and Jon), it would be like continuing the original Targaryen line of Aegon the Conqueror, and the whole Rebellion was just a dark page in their history.

Aegon is not some random Targaryen, he comes (allegedly) from the line of Aerys via Rhaegar.

Considering many still call Robert the "Usurper", whoever sits on the throne at the end and still has blood of Aerys and Rhaella (which fits also Dany and Jon), it would be like continuing the original Targaryen line of Aegon the Conqueror, and the whole Rebellion was just a dark page in their history.

I would find it weird after a good amount of trouble that Aerys caused that anybody would bend knee outside of Dorne and whoever gets he reach.

I suppose the meat of the question is if Aegon captures KL does he win? Not that there is much left to oppose him. Who want's Euron? and Stannis is in the North and not liked by a portion of Southron lords.

It will be a continuation of the old Targaryen dynasty. Seems incredibly unlikely that he would attempt to claim the throne through a possible Blackfyre descent etc as that alone would be a remarkably poor claim.

Should any Baratheons survive they would have a claim both as relations of the Targaryens and their own dyanstys claim (which in turn is based partly on that claim anyway)

Incidently I don't see Aegon trying to shift too many of the old families that ruled as lords paramount except the Baratheons and possibly the Lannisters. He wouldn't have the practical power to do so and a compromise is far more likely, i.e replacing the main Lannister branch with the Lannisters of Lannisport or something of that nature.

I would normally agree but what is the whole point of Vary's plot? It seems that whatever he was up to was some sort of revenge against the targs anyway.

I would think that the goal would to be destroy the lannisters completely and with Stannis prancing around in the north he won't have the army to fight there anyway.

Doesn't the gold company want to caue chaos in the reach? If the they succeed then the Tyrells would probably lose it anyway.

I guess my question is if Aegon some how catches KL- then will it cause a switch in dynasty?

If fAegon conquers Westeros, he will announce Robert as a Usurper, not a legitimate predecessor of him.

When Jon is declared the king by the Great Council at the end, I think he will acknowledge House Baratheon before him as the rightful royal House, Robert as the legitimate king and Stannis will also be declared as a king and successor of Robert I, although it will be posthumously. The succession will be

Aerys II Targaryen > Robert I Baratheon > Stannis I Baratheon > Jon I Targaryen

and Joffrey/Tommen/Myrcella will be declared as Usurpers and bastards. fAegon will be passed into the history as a false pretender that he is. Dany will be the new Queen Who Never Was.

It always seemed to me that that was their reign.

It really depends on how the end plays out and what language is used. In the end does he have to sit down and negotiate a with any remaining Baratheons in his ascent, and they cannot really say that the Baratheon reign was a time of disorder so it would be harder to simply dismiss the reign (or they could and lie about it I suppose, its basically what the Tudors did).

Archived