Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

Well that's good news. Storm mage it is then :D

Has anyone else noticed a phantom shop in Skyhold? :shocked: Right next to the guy who sells power and influence there's a buy/sell station with no one there. It sells a bunch of low level weapons and armor. I've seen no mention of it anywhere. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/957qMB6.jpg

I found an Angry Bird under the keep after I fell through the floor walking into Solas' lair.

Why? And is it better to go battle mage then? Or rift mage? I was pretty tempted to go the dark route with necromancing but I'll guess I'll have to try them out now then.

It doesn't have any good activated attacks, the Crowd Control spells aren't as good as the fire and lightning equivalents, and the passive effects (mainly, regeneration of health) aren't really all that great for a mage.

Rift Mage has more damaging attacks, and an awesome ability to open up a rift for crowd control. I haven't taken Vivienne out of the keep, so I don't know about Battlemage abilities.

Why? And is it better to go battle mage then? Or rift mage? I was pretty tempted to go the dark route with necromancing but I'll guess I'll have to try them out now then.

Necromancer is good enough. Both its main spells do hefty damage and have useful side-effects, it's not a bad spec like, say, Templar (which is only useful vs demons) or Artificier (which is just terrible in every way).

It's just that, Rift Allows allows for tons of additional crowd control, status effects and area damage, which is what Mages do best, while Knight Enchanter is damn near invincible while having potent single-target DPS, both things Mages lack. So while Necro is probably the poorer Mage spec, it's not awful, it's just that Rift Mage is very good and KE is brokenly OP.

Templar is useful against mages as well, due to Spell Purge, and is useful in general for the party-wide damage buffs like Blessed Blades, and some of the passives. Wrath of Heaven is a pretty useful AoE stun as well, even though it only does damage against daemons.

My biggest issue with Necro is the Focus ability. It's boring compared to other focus abilities and just makes no sense whatsoever in context. Haste is some white/red mage stuff.

Not to mention KE has basically the same thing as a regular ability. Only it's an aoe instead of affecting the entire battlefield. Tempest rogue also has a similar regular ability in flask of lightning but it only affects the one rogue. Other party members don't benefit.

ETA: Whoops, didn't see new thread.

Archived