Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

http://imgur.com/a/7CBLr

Skill tree's- I don't how i feel about the mages. I think I am going warrior. They really have dumbed this down since orgins. I remember being a heavy armored dual weilding warrior. I miss that.

In my opinion reaver and champion look good

mage looks bad over all. I havent studied the rogues yet but I hear archers get height damage added on.

So they're not going to have healing magic in this game. Is there an in-universe explanation for why mages suddenly can't heal anymore?

There's a Bakker joke there, but I can't quite form it into words

I'm worried that controls will be optimized for console and PC players will be left with clunky and unintuitive controls. Annoying things like scrolling based inventories and menus and inability to name saves. Ideally, for me, the control system should be very similar to the one in DA:O. Does anybody know anything about this?

This was designed with PC as the primary platform, not a console, so I think the controls should be solid.

What's with all this making Behlen king business? Esp if you played as a Dwarf noble? He's a complete arse. I did make him king on one play throough (my duster dwarf I think) but I felt like I had to take a shower afterwards. Harromont is a bit of a traditionalist dick but he's a nicer person.

We seem to be the minority but I'm with you. Maybe Behlen makes a better king, but he was a total asshole so he never got the chance to find out in my games. Even not as a Dwarf noble, he needs to suck up if he wants the Wardens support!

When given a choice, I'm generally a dwarf male... But something about the Inquisitor screams human female to me.

Gee I wonder why

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Cassandra_Pentaghast

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana

Any lord can become King if they play the game right. As long as the blood is noble the honor of the nation/race is preserved, they don't have to be of the royal blood. it's a small gene pool and everyone is a blood cousin somehow. It's only commoners who muddy the waters. One can argue that making Logain a Teyrn only upjumped him, and Anora became 2nd generation nobility and thus blessed by the Maker as a potentially legit ruler. Then marrying the king sealed her status as a noble. Most noble families only became noble by killing their way to the top, and then letting time pass to gentrify them. That Logain killed Ferelden's enemies instead of other Fereldens in order to get to the status of Teyrn just made it cleaner.

Need to think about getting this. Played Origins on the 360, but I'm pretty much PC going forward. Should I get this or not?

Only you can know that... But yes.

Gee I wonder why

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Cassandra_Pentaghast

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana

Any lord can become King if they play the game right. As long as the blood is noble the honor of the nation/race is preserved, they don't have to be of the royal blood. it's a small gene pool and everyone is a blood cousin somehow. It's only commoners who muddy the waters. One can argue that making Logain a Teyrn only upjumped him, and Anora became 2nd generation nobility and thus blessed by the Maker as a potentially legit ruler. Then marrying the king sealed her status as a noble. Most noble families only became noble by killing their way to the top, and then letting time pass to gentrify them. That Logain killed Ferelden's enemies instead of other Fereldens in order to get to the status of Teyrn just made it cleaner.

Or, Anora should be put to death because she's a spineless ruler who let a tyrant push her aside and plunge the nation into civil war during an invasion. I mean, it's a decent balance between the two ideas.

Or, Anora should be put to death because she's a spineless ruler who let a tyrant push her aside and plunge the nation into civil war during an invasion. I mean, it's a decent balance between the two ideas.

Whether Anora lives or dies isn't nearly as important as ensuring that whoever ends up on the throne is properly... guided by the Hero of Ferelden.

I am so freaking excited for this game, but it's a shame I'll had to buy it a year or so from now since my PC is not strong enough to handle it. All the reviews from people I trust in the gaming industry seem to be very positive. I've got tons of playthroughs for DAO and DAII but my main one is this:

I am importing from DA: O, a Dwarf Rogue Noble with Harrowmont on the throne, the Circle of Magi saved, Arl Eamon and his family saved along with all of Redcliffe, the Werewolves freed from their curse and the elves on my side, romancing Morrigen and befriending all my companions, Alistair and Anora as King and Queen and my Warden killing the Archdemon and saving himself through Morrigen's dark ritual.

From DA2, a male Warrior Hawk who romanced Isabela, killed Anders and sided with the mages.

In Inquistion, I want to be a Quinari mage.

Behlen was the best choice for King. Dwarf society needed to be dragged kicking and screaming into the, er, Dragon Century! Harrowmont was probably a nicer guy but traditionalists are not gonna prosper on my watch.

I AM EXCITE !!!! about this, but it will have to wait until after X-mas.

Behlen was the best choice for King. Dwarf society needed to be dragged kicking and screaming into the, er, Dragon Century! Harrowmont was probably a nicer guy but traditionalists are not gonna prosper on my watch.

Agreed. Behlen is an arsehole, but Harrowmont is a reactionary arsehole so even worse.

My Warden romanced Alistair then got bored with him when he got clingy, so I let Loghain live (and knock up Morrigan) while Al flounced off, briefly resurfacing in II as a ridiculous drunk. Rogue Hawke sided with the mages, banged Anders then had him killed at the end; my love interests have not tended to do terribly well. Won't be able to play this one until probably after Christmas either, but I'm sticking with that as my starting point...

LOL yes, Alistair gets a bit clingy but he's still alright. I totally went off and flirted with Anders in Awakening tho and then regardless if I plan something else, I always end up romancing him in DA2 anyway. Anders is my kind guy, apparently. I never murder him either, that would just be...no wai. Justice for Elia the mages! Down with oppressive zealots.

Plus I loved having Anders along for the Grey warden/Corypheus DLC. He had the most specific content in that expac of any companions, plus he saved my party on the final fight by just healer kiting round and round. Anders > all. He is by far my favourite Dragon Age companion and it makes me sad he won't be in the new one.

So they're not going to have healing magic in this game. Is there an in-universe explanation for why mages suddenly can't heal anymore?

There's a Bakker joke there, but I can't quite form it into words

Yeah that sucks. I always trend towards healer heavy anyway so I guess now we're doing the Diablo potion chugging dance then eh? Feels kinda unlike old-skool RPG games like Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights when you have no heal specs.

Been thinking, and there's one thing in particular where I hope Dragon Age takes a big cue from Mass Effect. Cinematics.

Maybe it was the clunky engine of the last games, but Dragon Age Cinematics have always been really wooden, and almost non-existent. I know some people prefer not to have cut-scenes involving the user player at all (because they're communists or something) but I like seeing Shep do badass things in cut-scenes that she couldn't do while I was controlling her.

Shit like run through an exploding building, or push a guy out a window. Am I making sense here?

Been thinking, and there's one thing in particular where I hope Dragon Age takes a big cue from Mass Effect. Cinematics.

Maybe it was the clunky engine of the last games, but Dragon Age Cinematics have always been really wooden, and almost non-existent. I know some people prefer not to have cut-scenes involving the user player at all (because they're communists or something) but I like seeing Shep do badass things in cut-scenes that she couldn't do while I was controlling her.

Shit like run through an exploding building, or push a guy out a window. Am I making sense here?

Yes. Also in particular, some Renegade Interrupts (medieval version).

If I can walk up to a chanter and tell them I've had enough of their disingenuous assertions this will be the Greatest Game Ever.

Yes. Also in particular, some Renegade Interrupts (medieval version).

If I can walk up to a chanter and tell them I've had enough of their disingenuous assertions this will be the Greatest Game Ever.

Blacksmith: "I've got to get this horse saddled so Lord Blabla can ride into the coming battle." *Turns around*

Jace Inquisitor: *Grabs Horseshoe* "You're working too hard..."

Blacksmith: "I've got to get this horse saddled so Lord Blabla can ride into the coming battle." *Turns around*

Jace Inquisitor: *Grabs Horseshoe* "You're working too hard..."

Random villager: "How are you going to deal with the demons?"

Inquisitor: "I've had enough of your tabloid journalism!"

Archived