Mike S. Miller

The Young Lion

Can we get Mike S. Miller to do the art for

the whole book?

Just his art on the cover will sell heaps of copies

of the book alone.

Im not trying to upset any other artists but

Mike captures the world of Westeros like no one else.

I had the 'Rhaegar died' wallpaper as my desktop for

2 years and i currently have the 'Fields of Fire'

wallpaper as a desktop for 2+ years.

Thats how great his work is!

The Young Lion

Good idea. I think Miller doing the whole thing might be a little off putting to some, but I do likethe idea of him doing quite a bit. On another thread here I piggybacked on a suggestion that he illustrate all the famous armor of the day ( Tyrion, Tywin, Jaime, Night's Watch, Oberyn, etc.) and I stick by that 100%.

It would also be cool to get Vess to do Weirwood face sketches

There are plenty of great artists besides Miller. Some who can do certain things even better than Miller. Roman Papsuev is a master of Portraits. His work is everywhere and its exceptional. Michael Komark is awesome as well, he did the cover for the Art of Ice and Fire. Anders Finer has nice stuff as well. Dont get me wrong i think Miller is very talented as well, but limiting the art to him will cause us to miss out on alot of other wonderful artists works as well.

It's not going to be a one-artist book. Mike's name has been mentioned in discussing some of the most notable artists who've tried their hand at ASoIaF, though. I can say that much. :)

George has an interest in a wide range of artists, and he's hoping to get some major names who've never tried their hand at art based on the series.

It's not going to be a one-artist book. Mike's name has been mentioned in discussing some of the most notable artists who've tried their hand at ASoIaF, though. I can say that much. :)

George has an interest in a wide range of artists, and he's hoping to get some major names who've never tried their hand at art based on the series.

any way you can just pillage the hell out of the Objects of Ice and Fire art site? Cuz its awesome

Hehe, I understand that, just wanted to post a thread

dedicated to Mike so its a better chance of seeing more

of his great art for Westeros in the book :D

I especially like the artist who did the picture of Jaime that

I am using as my avatar, thats a great picture of Jaime and

exactly how i pictured him in my head when reading the books.

I also would like to see artist that did all the work

for the Lord of the Rings movie try his hand at Westeros,

forgot his name :)

The Young Lion

• 2 weeks later...
any way you can just pillage the hell out of the Objects of Ice and Fire art site? Cuz its awesome

Jamie Martell,

Glad you like the site. Its far from finished and seems like it will never actually ever be complete. But, I will keep on plugging away at it.

I hope the book contains many different artists. The "Art of A Song of Ice and Fire" book featured many of the artists that have done work in one way or another for the world of Westeros. I hope we get to see different artists that have not done anything for the CCG or board game. One artist in particular I would like to see is Molly Magoon. I am sure you will all agree, she did fabulous work on the limited edition wine bottles. :cool:

BH

• 1 year later...
Jamie Martell,

Glad you like the site. Its far from finished and seems like it will never actually ever be complete. But, I will keep on plugging away at it.

I hope the book contains many different artists. The "Art of A Song of Ice and Fire" book featured many of the artists that have done work in one way or another for the world of Westeros. I hope we get to see different artists that have not done anything for the CCG or board game. One artist in particular I would like to see is Molly Magoon. I am sure you will all agree, she did fabulous work on the limited edition wine bottles. :cool:

BH

I clicked on the site in red and went to an odd place with coupons for wallpaper and training. Is that the correct place

Archived