GRRM on the Wolf Pack

Northernmonkey

Considering everything Ramsay has done to women it'd be kind of poetic if he was the one ripped apart by the ''bitches'' led by the biggest bitch going Nymeria.

Agreed.

Anyways, on the notion of Ramsay stumbling into the woods it was theorized that Nymeria could be in the wolfswood now but it's not certain and Ramsay would have to come across her unless Bran influences Arya to move Nymeria.

So in the story of the Rat Cook, the Gods punish someone for breaking the rules of hospitality, much like the Frey's broke the rules. If the wolf pack can also be controlled via, Arya or Bran/ Bloodraven then I would think the Frey's would be the likely target. The pack could attack the twins leaving house Frey in Chaos as punishment for breaking guest rules. Even if they never get into the twins they could leave the area in Chaos and kill horses, men, ect.

Ok, hold on a sec. When the hell does Sansa warg a dog!?!? Can someone please provide a quote for this, I'm going back to the first page of this thread.

I thought she made a sympathetic connection when she said that she wished the dog was Lady. I don't recall Sansa dreaming that she's a dog. If the old dog had bitten Marillion that would be a clue. But I don't recall that either.

I believe that BR warged the dog. The only clue besides wishful thinking is that it was a black dog and many of the animals BR wargs are black.

Sansa has a half-baked wolf dream after Lady dies. I think it happens on the same night that BR kills the white hart.

I thought she made a sympathetic connection when she said that she wished the dog was Lady. I don't recall Sansa dreaming that she's a dog. If the old dog had bitten Marillion that would be a clue. But I don't recall that either.

I believe that BR warged the dog. The only clue besides wishful thinking is that it was a black dog and many of the animals BR wargs are black.

Sansa has a half-baked wolf dream after Lady dies. I think it happens on the same night that BR kills the white hart.

I think she pets it and ruffle's the fur, then the dog growls when Marrilion enters if I remember correctly and if I did it could be added to what I think above, showing a sensory perception without full warg power.

I think she pets it and ruffle's the fur, then the dog growls when Marrilion enters if I remember correctly and if I did it could be added to what I think above, showing a sensory perception without full warg power.

Sounds a bit Lyanna level. How she was 'half a horse'. A bond without the skill, basically the level she got to with Lady.

Sounds a bit Lyanna level. How she was 'half a horse'. A bond without the skill, basically the level she got to with Lady.

I think Sansa bonded really quickly with Lady, but when Ned did the deed she lost the ability to warg her, she may still do birds but if she does I fear she will not return to human form.

Sounds like normal dog behavior to me

I think Sansa bonded really quickly with Lady, but when Ned did the deed she lost the ability to warg her, she may still do birds but if she does I fear she will not return to human form.

Why birds? People didn't call her "little bird" out of affection, they called her that to mock her and she never thought of herself as a "little bird" nor imagined herself in a bird related way

Why birds? People didn't call her "little bird" out of affection, they called her that to mock her and she never thought of herself as a "little bird" nor imagined herself in a bird related way

why birds, I think it's said they are easy to take over, the bird label on Sansa isn't just about the Southern people mocking her, it's also symbolism of what she can control, the Merlin she was hunting with in Highgarden may be symbolic of her becoming a fierce predator, along with the Falcon symbolism in the Eyrie.

For a blind dog?

I think it sensed Sansa's fear when she was touching it.

why birds, I think it's said they are easy to take over, the bird label on Sansa isn't just about the Southern people mocking her, it's also symbolism of what she can control, the Merlin she was hunting with in Highgarden may be symbolic of her becoming a fierce predator, along with the Falcon symbolism in the Eyrie.

It's said that birds are incredibly difficult to take over. Dogs (and to a lesser extent wolves/direwolves) are the easiest.

The interesting fact is that the dog was blind. A normal dog can tell what a person is thinking better than the person they are talking to just by the persons body language, but a dog cannot see that Sansa tensed up.

It's basically the same connection Rickon displays with Shaggydog, the one Jon displays with Snow up until the Frostfangs and Arya with Nymeria up until she is in Braavos.

Lady the most well trained of the pups, which has always made me think Sansa has huge potential a warg/skinchanger but that it got cut short very abruptly before she or her siblings even knew what they are.

The wolves reflect the owners. Sansa was the 'best trained' of the children (but obviously not completely as she wouldn't have told tales on Ned!). All the others were varying degrees of wild. We see Robb defy his promises to marry Jeyne, Bran lie about not climbing again, Rickon is obviously angry and that is showing in his wolf, Arya is playful and instinctual early on. Sansa is prim and courteous and that showed in Lady. That doesn't mean Sansa is a better warg than any of the others, the others are projecting themselves just as much but differently.

Yeah, I can't see the Sansa warging abilities here. I believe she has some, but the blind dog doesn't seem like the best example.

I think we may also see it in her interactions with Sandor and Baleish, not all out warging of a person more like sensory perception she seems to be an empath and when she gets a physical contact she seemed to sense Sandors thoughts hence her thinking he kissed her on the night of BBW and her reaction to Baleish when he kissed her to me, was stronger than a you shouldn't do that reaction, I think she may have sensed his plans or evilness.

I have no real proof of this just my thoughts.

I like this idea. Fits more with what we know of Sansa, and would be very useful in the game.

Okay everyone, here's the quote:

Sansa found Bryen's old blind dog in her little alcove beneath the steps, and lay down next to him. He woke and licked her face. "You sad old hound," she said, ruffling his fur.

"Alayne." Her aunt's singer stood over her. "Sweet Alayne. I am Marillion. I saw you come in from the rain. The night is chill and wet. Let me warm you."

The old dog raised his head and growled, but the singer gave him a cuff and sent him slinking off, whimpering.

Immediately before that, she had been remembering Tyrion, and then the Hound's words "They're all liars here, and every one better then you." She was thinking about the Hound and wondering what had happened to him, then come back into the hall.

Then Lothor Brune saves her from Marillion, and she thinks his voice sounds like Sandor's.

That night she dreams of Joffrey's death, and of Robb's, and finally of her wedding night, only Tyrion turns into the Hound.

"I'll have a song from you," he rasped, and Sansa woke and found the old blind dog beside her once again. "I wish you were Lady," she said.

So no warging as far as I can see, just really strong symbolism for the Hound.

Archived