Sherlock

Jaxom 1974

There's a lot of love for Scandal in Belgravia and it is indeed awesome, but it would have been better if

Moffat had been able to resist the temptation for Sherlock to win the day; after all, the whole fame of the Irene Adler character in the first place comes from her being the only person to ever have beaten him. Despite being a cool moment in itself, the whole "I am Sherlocked" part let the episode down for me.

Still a great episode, but I like the last one of season 3 more. Possibly the first one two.

I've seen all of Sherlock and Elementary so far and both shows have their strengths and their weaknesses.

Elementary is way too episodic and we don't really get a great sense of how Sherlock's brain works. The secondary characters can be a little bland too. On the other hand, it has perhaps the most interesting Watson I've seen and the show had a really cool way of working in Sherlock's drug addictions. How they did Moriarty and Mycroft was cool too.

Cumberbatch is a great actor, but I'm not entirely sold on the high functioning sociopath bit. But he works well with Freeman and we get to see how he solves things. The seasons are too short, but the episodes are longer so we get real stories instead of bit pieces while the quality varies episode to episode. Irene Adler was fantastic.

My biggest gripe with Sherlock is Moriarty.

My god the character is annoying. I see what they were going for, and I liked the criminal-for-hire angle, but the way it's played is so stupid. Way more annoying than dangerous, I could probably take him out with a hardcover addition of A Storm of Swords. I really fail to see how Moriarty gained so much power in the criminal underworld without someone taking him out first. He's like a goddamn toff/frat boy who lucked into a mob boss position without having to earn it.

There's a lot of love for Scandal in Belgravia and it is indeed awesome, but it would have been better if

Moffat had been able to resist the temptation for Sherlock to win the day; after all, the whole fame of the Irene Adler character in the first place comes from her being the only person to ever have beaten him. Despite being a cool moment in itself, the whole "I am Sherlocked" part let the episode down for me.

Still a great episode, but I like the last one of season 3 more. Possibly the first one two.

It was consistent with the episode though, getting too emotional and sentimental is not a good idea with Sherlock Holmes.

I think it's pretty obvious that Moriarty's mother or father will come into play as the antagonist. I don't remember the clues, but there was a pretty solid theory about that after the last episode.

I think it's pretty obvious that Moriarty's mother or father will come into play as the antagonist. I don't remember the clues, but there was a pretty solid theory about that after the last episode.

If that's true it's a lot worse than if Moriarty would come back

I must say that I'm surprised by all the Moriarty hate. The actor was great imo. Easily better than the bland Moriarty in the Guy Ritchie films.

Doesn't have to be, if they find the right actor and the right writing.

:agree: I think they can pull it off. Plus it would be nice when the actual Professor Moriarty shows up.

There were two James Moriartys in the books.

They could bring the twin to, but I would personally feel disappointed with that. I loved Moriarty, but it is so rare to see a great villain who's not done to death. I think a twin would be to much like old Moriarty, plus I feel like some of the backstory (like that kid he murdered with those shoes) would lose a bit of appeal.

EDIT: Also, the whole episode where Moriarty pretends to be someone else would be cheapened if there was a twin that looked like him around. Of course they could go with a female twin. I think I'd like that, when Prof. Moriarty turns up she would actually be a female relative of old Moriarty.

I'm quite sure it will be a relative of some sort to Moriarty though. Someone with an actual title, who'll probably be revealed to be the real Professor Moriarty equivalent of Sherlock.

I must say that I'm surprised by all the Moriarty hate. The actor was great imo. Easily better than the bland Moriarty in the Guy Ritchie films.

Same here. I loved how he spoke in about 20 different ways and had a different delivery for every mood. You could really tell he was obsessed with making Sherlock play his game. Plus he was the definition of a man-child, only he was incredibly competent as well, you got the feeling that he was toying with people like they were a line of ants.

Archived