Sherlock

Jaxom 1974

I liked Moriarty. I wasn't sure how I felt about this version of the character when he first revealed himself, but I was completely sold on him by The Reichenbach Fall. I'll be very disappointed if he winds up being alive though. Him being so obsessed with beating Sherlock that he would kill himself to eliminate what he believed to be Sherlock's only out was perfect.

I always thought that the Moriarty we saw was never the really Moriarty just a puppet who was being manipulated and controlled by the real Moriarty.

Anyways I always pictured Moriarty as older and more composed.

I'll just let tvtropes.org explain to you what's going on

Composite Character: Largely based on Charles Augustus Milverton, from the short story of the same title. However, the larger scale of his activities, the "Napoleon" nickname, his appearance and personality, and the events in his brief meetings with Sherlock, make him a more faithful depiction of Moriarty as he originally appeared in the Conan Doyle stories than the Sherlock Jim Moriarty is.

I always thought that the Moriarty we saw was never the really Moriarty just a puppet who was being manipulated and controlled by the real Moriarty.

Anyways I always pictured Moriarty as older and more composed.

That's more the take of Elementary with Moriarty. Except, you know, she wasn't older and more composed...

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy both Sherlock and Elementary. I really love how Benedict Cumberbatch portrays Sherlock. There's just something about him that makes it hard for me to think of another actor who could best portray Sherlock on screen, and I love his chemistry with Martin Freeman. There are only 3 episodes per season but I'm hooked!

However, I really like the diversity of the characters in Elementary. I also love how Dr. Watson and the other characters treat Sherlock Holmes; they acknowledge the fact that he's really good at what he does but they put him into place whenever he's getting out of line. I also love the changes they made: Dr. Watson being a female, Irene Adler/Moriarty, etc. and come on, Natalie Dormer's there so... :bowdown:

I'm not super familiar with the original stories, but isn't there a possibility that Sebastian Moran is going to be the villain in Season 4? I'd probably like that better than some relative of Moriarty's, though they would have to explain where Moran has been and what he's been doing all this time...

I was initially very much impressed with the experimentation in Sherlock but then didn't like the last season much!

Episode 1 of Series 3 had some problems. Episode 2 felt very much like a 'traditional mystery' in terms of Sherlock Holmes, which was pretty interesting. Episode 3 was a thriller, and I really, really liked it.

• 3 months later...

Archived