Sherlock

Jaxom 1974

I always liked the theory that this Moriarty was actually his son, and the real 'Professor Moriaty' was behind this current stuff. Someone expounded it here about it linking with his Mum's maths textbook or something. My best guess now is that he simply left behind instructions for someone else to pull all of this, as we haven't actually seen him yet. Which would be a bit lame, but it kinda fits with 'he's dead, and I know what he's going to do next'.

I wouldn't be at all surprised. His line at the end asking John to take care of Sherlock felt to me like it was implying he wouldn't be around to do it himself for much longer. The dream palace version would suggest Sherlock is subconciously aware of it.

I should have added that Mycroft's line at the end (and my reading of Neil Gaiman's story, which is about what happens to Sherlock after Mycroft dies) is what triggered my question.  But from the beginning of the series Mycroft has looked after the well being of Sherlock, 'kidnapping' Watson, for example, to question his motivation, and trying to buy him off to report to him about Sherlock's actions and behaviour.

Far more style than substance and only half of the cutesy banter really landed, but it's good to see them back on deck and trying something a little new (aka old) at least.

And while I like Benny C he's still not a patch on the magnificence of Jeremy Brett.

I thought it was rather dull, all in all.

I did enjoy the period setting much more than the modern setting, and some of the banter was very good.

Plotwise it did not intrigue me in the slightest though.

I really liked it.  I came into it thinking it might be just a special one off set in Victorian time.  Once the "previously on" came up,  I knew the jig wad up and paid that much more attention to the clues.  I didn't expect jumping back and forth though. 

I'm sad that there is no real indication when there might be more. 

I really liked it.  I came into it thinking it might be just a special one off set in Victorian time.  Once the "previously on" came up,  I knew the jig wad up and paid that much more attention to the clues.  I didn't expect jumping back and forth though. 

I'm sad that there is no real indication when there might be more. 

Yep i really enjoyed it, but yeah the previously on.... part let us know early it had SOMETHING to do with the main series. 

Loved the episode. Glad they had a chance to bring Moriarty back, without actually going down the "he actually survived a bullet to the head" road.

We had some family over to watch the episode and thus, host duties kept me running to the kitchen. Therefore I may have missed something. But was this explained? 

At the end of His Last Vow, Sherlock was sent on a mission to Eastern Europe that would probably end in his death. The plane is called back because of Moriarty's appearance on television. When the hell did Sherlock get the chance to consume a cornucopia of drugs? Where did he get these drugs? If Moriarty is still dead, who put his image on the screens? Was this Mycroft's scheme to save his brother?  

We had some family over to watch the episode and thus, host duties kept me running to the kitchen. Therefore I may have missed something. But was this explained? 

Hidden Content

Ah....

One assumes Sherlock makes sure he always has a cornucopia of drugs with him.  Maybe he took them while waiting for the flight to relieve the boredom?

As for who put Moriarty's image on the screens, that's for the next episode.  Sherlock at the end is already confident he knows.

I doubt this is a plot by Mycroft.  My personal opinion.

Mycroft says he was already high when he got on the plane.

The problem, of course, comes when you combine that with Sherlock saying he nearly OD'd deliberately just to do his mind palace thing to work out about Moriarty's return, which he didn't know about before he got on the plane.

Hidden Content

There is a reason why customs officers do

anal cavity searches when they catch a suspected drug mule :P

Mycroft says he was already high when he got on the plane.
The problem, of course, comes when you combine that with Sherlock saying he nearly OD'd deliberately just to do his mind palace thing to work out about Moriarty's return, which he didn't know about before he got on the plane.

So he was typically high when he got on the plane, and took even more drugs when Moriarty showed up?

Thanks Corvinus. It was On Demand last night. I really enjoyed it: it was such a fun episode. I initially thought it was a one-off special playing on the prior episodes but not actually connected to or furthering the story. But they did a great job of bringing it back around. And they really lifted the tone after the last episode felt a bit over-wrought.

Just watched this (left the country New Year's Eve).

It violated the most basic rule of good writing, which is that it cannot be a dream.

Therefore it is a mess, an even bigger mess than the previous mess the series had become. Thus it bodes no better for the rest of the series if there is ever any more rest of the series. 

Shame.

Archived