Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

Myshkin

Damn me for know this. But he self published one book (and it was a disaster where backers didn't get their promised book) before going back to traditional with more Richard and Khalan books. We had people reading them for our amusement but they keep dying off on us.

They're not dying off, the books are killing them. All who read Goodkind must die. Seems the Trees are more offended at being turned into Goodkind books than people reading them.

I remember reading the Wizard's First Rule. I enjoyed the first two chapters, but after that it was horrible. So glad I never read anything else of his. He seems like one of those authors largely ignored by the Fantasy community outside of mockery.

Damn me for know this. But he self published one book (and it was a disaster where backers didn't get their promised book) before going back to traditional with more Richard and Khalan books. We had people reading them for our amusement but they keep dying off on us.

I'm still alive, but the squirrels I hired to do most of the Goodkind reading seem to have contracted rabies somehow :(

• 3 months later...

Tor will publish The First Confessor in hardcover in July:

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sku=0765383063

Is it tragic that I find the premise of the book to be... actually interesting with much potential? I wish it was in the hands of someone with a better track record.

The quotes from the reviews of other Goodkind books are depressing:

"Wonderfully creative, seamless, and stirring." —Kirkus Reviews on Wizard's First Rule

"Outstanding...Characters who actually behave like adults. Highly recommended." —San Diego Union Tributeon Temple of the Winds

"Mr. Goodkind's compelling prose weaves a magic spell over readers." —RT Book Reviews on Faith of the Fallen

:bang:

Ok, that third one has a bit of ironic truth and agony.

I bet all those people who paid $300 for a physical copy of the book are kinda pissed.

On the positive side, at least now the have a chance to actually get a book if they buy it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Spoiler! A new and terrible threat arises from a corner of the world that we previously had never heard of. Richard loses his powers. Kahlan is kidnapped and almost raped. There are some long speeches and the power of Objectivism saves the world once again once everyone agrees to do what Richard says.

I actually have no idea whether the new book is out. Is it out? Did we miss an entire book and is the NEXT one out yet? Regardless, the above paragraph will apply in almost any scenario.

• 2 months later...
And now I know what and who Goodkind is. Like I actually Googled it and shit. Screw y'all. First Stanek ,then that fedora wearing dude , now this ? This board is clogging my brain with knowledge of existence of 'authors' like these.

All I can say is, now more than ever, we need technology to turn paper back to trees

Funny, Nerdanel pretty much predicted exactly this thing back in 2007...

Gods, Nerdanel was not shown the respect that she deserved in her time here. 

I pledge to smack people down appropriately from this point on to make up in whatever small way that i can. 

Archived