Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

Myshkin

This will be the final conclusion.

Until the Old Old Bad Lands are re-discovered, populated by Evil Pacifists, Richard Rahl will no doubt kill some of the Evil Pacifists in his crusades for Moral Celerity, eventually reaching the Aynhead atop his trusted Noble Goat whilst eating a chicken that is not a chicken sandwich.

This will be the final conclusion.

Until the Old Old Bad Lands are re-discovered, populated by Evil Pacifists, Richard Rahl will no doubt kill some of the Evil Pacifists in his crusades for Moral Celerity, eventually reaching the Aynhead atop his trusted Noble Goat whilst eating a chicken that is not a chicken sandwich.

If I ever open a restaurant I must sell a sandwich with this name.

• 2 months later...

I do have a serious question thought.

How is it his popularity dropped so quickly? When the Sword of Truth series ended, as disliked as he is, his books sold. From what i've read and seen, his Richard and Kahlan books after the Sword of truth ended didn't sell nearly as much. Anyone know what the sales are for them to compare or if i'm even right in thinking this?

He's continued to do quite well sales-wise, actually, as far as I can see from the data available. The Omen Machine debuted at #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list, The Third Kingdom debuted at #5, and Severed Souls debuted at #4. (For comparison, the last three main Sword of Truth books debuted at #2, #1, and #2.) The more recent books do have somewhat less staying power on the list than the original sequence, but it's still a level of success most writers would kill for.

It's at the bottom of the cover, so probably not, but it made me giggle. Let me see if I can find a pic...

OK I don't want to hot link, but if you go here you can click on the cover. And it looks like it might be part of the title, at least from first glance

http://www.risingshadow.net/library/book/47841-warheart

I feel presumptuous butting in, since I usually only glance through these threads now and then to see how the acts and conversation surrounding the Yeard and his yeardly works are going, but I have just requested Warheart from my local library for yucks, so in a few months when they get round to sending it to me [they are not super fast] I may be able to provide some manner of report on its direness. This assumes that I don't cancel my hold; I already feel kind of dirty when I look at my library request list now.

Please do report, Ser Llama.

I'm curious what Warheart will actually be.  I'm guessing it's a thing one can possess (i.e., he has a Warheart), but it will turn out to be that only Richard has it. 

Please do report, Ser Llama.

I'm curious what Warheart will actually be.  I'm guessing it's a thing one can possess (i.e., he has a Warheart), but it will turn out to be that only Richard has it. 

How many special things that only Richard has does Richard have? He has the gift, is the only remaining war wizard and the wielder of the sword of truth. Is there anything that I'm missing?

Archived