What do you still want to know?

glamourweaver

THe family tree for the cleganes is fairly simple, as the house started only three generations ago. It goes like: Grandfather, father, and then Gregor+Sandor+sister. And I suspect that houses as small and as recent as Clegane may not have any motto.

That much we know about the family tree from the books, but I'd like to find out to which houses they married, how do the parents of a monster look like and if there are uncles or aunts who could claim the lands now that there is no heir. The house words, if they have any (you're right that they may not), account for the wits of the first Clegane. That too is of interest.

Sooo much. I want connections from Borros Baratheon and his four daughters to Lyonel Baratheon. I want to know if Davos was Orys' Baratheon eldest son and heir. I want to know Maron Martell's son and heir's name, that child's heir, and that child's heir (who is probably Mammy Martell). And more Tullys and Arryns, that connect into Hoster and Jasper respectively.

The remainder of the Targaryen family tree (preferably showing all the descendants of Elaena Targaryen, Rhaena of Pentos, House Martell from Daenerys until present, and the links of the Velaryons who are all in there, the children of Aerea and Rhalla, etc..)

The years of birth, death, and marriage for all of these Targaryens..

Where did Daena go? How did she spend the remainder of her life.

Who was the ape prince?

The descriptions of Aemma Arryn, Jocelyn and Boremund Baratheon, and Harwin Strong.

How was Jeyne Arryn Rhaenyra's cousin (Aemma seems to have been an only child).

And, of course, the name of Mama Martell.

The remainder of the Targaryen family tree (preferably showing all the descendants of Elaena Targaryen, Rhaena of Pentos, House Martell from Daenerys until present, and the links of the Velaryons who are all in there, the children of Aerea and Rhalla, etc..)

The years of birth, death, and marriage for all of these Targaryens..

Where did Daena go? How did she spend the remainder of her life.

Who was the ape prince?

The descriptions of Aemma Arryn, Jocelyn and Boremund Baratheon, and Harwin Strong.

How was Jeyne Arryn Rhaenyra's cousin (Aemma seems to have been an only child).

And, of course, the name of Mama Martell.

Yeah I REALLY want the entire Martell Family tree from the 1st Daenerys as well!!!

I'd believe that some of the Stark Kings had Dire Wolves, but no one remotely recently. Remember how shocked they were to see a direwolf south of the Wall.

'hundreds of years' they've not been seen south of the wall. Those crypts go back a few thousand supposedly. I had expected them to have wolves around the Andal Invasion but one is not mentioned with the Hungry Wolf. Maybe the maesters think they were nothing more than pets like dogs so do not see fit to name them?

'hundreds of years' they've not been seen south of the wall. Those crypts go back a few thousand supposedly. I had expected them to have wolves around the Andal Invasion but one is not mentioned with the Hungry Wolf. Maybe the maesters think they were nothing more than pets like dogs so do not see fit to name them?

the exact quote is;

"Direwolves loose in the realm, after so many years, "--from Jory ch.1

I think the Stark kids cannot be the first Starks to warg Direwolves like this. IIRC correctly isn't there something about direwolves in the crypts?? I'll have to look....

It would seem to thematically fit for Dire wolf companions to have been a "Kings of the North" thing, but not to have happened since the Conquest. Actually warging of course would have been even longer ago - before the introduction of Andal writing to the North, because clearly the modern Starks have no knowledge of that tradition.

Yeah, here we go;

SOS

Bran chapter

"I have guards too, "Bran reminded them. "Alebelly and Poxy tym and Hayhead and the rest."

Jojen's mossy eyes were full of pity. "They won't be able to stop him, Bran. I couldnt say why, but I saw the end of it. I saw you and Rickon in your crypts, down in the dark with all the dead kings and their stone wolves."

I always took this to mean that some of the old kings had direwolves and even had statues of them made to stand beside their humans in the crypts.

the exact quote is;

"Direwolves loose in the realm, after so many years, "--from Jory ch.1

I think the Stark kids cannot be the first Starks to warg Direwolves like this. IIRC correctly isn't there something about direwolves in the crypts?? I'll have to look....

All Stark Lords ahave a direwolf next to them in statue. Older ones may have the wolves with them and the wolves themselves are memorialised.

Last wolf sighting 200 years ago, as Theon says in Bran chapter 1. So says the wiki, I cant remember!

The fact that Mama Martell still doesn't have a name is driving me nuts, especially since there were several spots where it could have been dropped in quite easily.

And yeah, good call on Dorne and the Faith. I imagine there was some tension after the High Septon in Old Town crowned Aegon. I feel sorry for the poor Septon whose job it was to tell Princess Meria that the gods think she should bend the knee. She probably threw him out a window.

I'm betting all the Seven worshiping kingdoms had, um, interesting relations with the High Septon, much like Western Europe's relationship with the papacy before the Reformation. And the image of the Faith Militant trying to go in there and put people on trial for premarital sex is hilarious.

I'm not too upset about Summerhall, since it's clearly meant to be answered at some point.

I was amused by Yandel's sad tone when he commented that the Septons and Septas were quite unable to persuade the Dornish to return to "the righteous path." I think you once suggested that attendance would be very thin on Maiden's Day in Dorne.

As to what I'd like to know more of, I'd like to know more about Visenya. Why were relations so poor with her brother? What were they like with Rhaenys? What was she doing in the latter years of her brother's reign? Did she ever take a lover? Did she set out to undermine Aenys? Was she effectively rebelling against him, by performing Maegor's wedding ceremony? Did she kill him? What did she think of Maegor's behaviour as King? Did she play any part in the fight against the Faith Militant?

I know technically it's part of a mystery, but I'd love to know where did Ned go right after delivering Ser Arthur's great sward at Starfall, before picking Catelyn and baby Robb heading north.

If only maybe a passing rumor to get my conspiracy theories up and going... :drunk:

Good points, both of them.

I haven't studied thoroughly what the possibilities and limitations are, but I think his route after Starfall is all in blank and could shed some light on oh, so many things, should we have a tiny glimpse of it!

This is me with a serious GRRM withdraw syndrome.

It's highly unlikely Ned went to pick Catelyn in RR since it's completely out of his way. Seems more likely he either caught a ship in Starfall or went by horse to KL, and then returned by ship to White Harbor.

It seems that Ned visited KL again, so it isn't entirely unlikely that, for example, Howland and Jon were send ahead by ship to Greywater Watch, to have the wetnurse suddenly appear above the Neck (with guards to get her to Winterfell safely).. If there's one way to keep the origins of a child a secret, you try and make it as vague as possible as to where the child came from. If you leave Starfall, don't stop anywhere else, and then appear in KL (or at any other harbor) with a child, people will be able to at least pinpoint the region ;)

Catelyn remembers how, when she first saw Moat Cailin, she thought it a ruin, but that had assured her it was much more. Ned could have told her after she had arrived at Winterfell, but he could just as easily have been travelling with her.

Archived