Small questions v. 10092

Knight Of Winter

The only reason we might have, would be Dunks character, and the difficulty he already has with lying about

his knighthood

.. further, we've got nothing.

So yeah, that possibility also exists, that we get Dunk into the mix in an illegitimate claim

I hope the page is self explanatory enough :)

It was! Told me just what I wanted to know.

In regards to Dunks relation to Brienne, Rhaenys, you point out that Dunk has a hard time lying about his knighthood, but we see him have sex with a woman who is betrothed in sworn sword so it doesn't really seem out of the question to me.

We don't exactly "see" him having sex with Rohanne, and I rather believe he didn't. We'll have to wait for the next novel to see if he's a virgin or not.

We don't exactly "see" him having sex with Rohanne, and I rather believe he didn't. We'll have to wait for the next novel to see if he's a virgin or not.

It could explain where Brienne got her freckles from. But the only way it works is if Dunk, ahem, stuck his wick in the wax there in the stables, and while Rohanne was a tomboy and a coquette she seemed to be very careful about putting herself in awkward, ahem, positions. A tumble in the hay in the stables would seem a bit risky. Just ask Gatehouse Ami. (Of course there was a line in Ami's case or at least they required a bit more room.) Perhaps he returned after he showed Egg his prize? At that point he had refused the horse but in TMK Egg was riding it...

In regards to Dunks relation to Brienne, Rhaenys, you point out that Dunk has a hard time lying about his knighthood, but we see him have sex with a woman who is betrothed in sworn sword so it doesn't really seem out of the question to me.

There's really no indication he slept with Rohanne. When he's carrying the naked bride in The Mystery Knight he's thinking of Tanselle.

Dunk didn't have sex with Rohanne. Rohanne went on to become Tywin grandmother! :)

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/120702-the-fate-of-the-red-widow-of-coldmoat-twoiaf-spoilers/

Actually we don't see him having sex with Rohanne. Alot of people seem to make this claim but the text strongly indicates that Rohanne wanted to - and probably Dunk as well - but at the end Dunk refused her and settled for a lock of hair to remember her by. Just after that scene Dunk says “Even highborn ladies don’t get all they want”. That is a dead giveaway.

Ya and Dunks a legit knight, we'll see.

But with the knighthood thing there's actual evidence pointing in that direction (Dunk considering seeking out another knight to squire for, the monstrous lie thing, his hesitance to knight the Fossoway.) There's no evidence he slept with Rohanne, just the opportunity provided by the gap in time at the end of the story.

But with the knighthood thing there's actual evidence pointing in that direction (Dunk considering seeking out another knight to squire for, the monstrous lie thing, his hesitance to knight the Fossoway.) There's no evidence he slept with Rohanne, just the opportunity provided by the gap in time at the end of the story.

That, and, GRRM apparently confirmed it...

I think general human psychology is all the evidence we need that Dunk slept with her, a young twenties/ late teens person has the chance to have sex with a hot woman and decides to clip her hair instead? I'll take the option that makes sense any day, even if there is not textual evidence.

Either way, this clearly isn't a small question, I only commented because like 6 people responded the same way to my post.

I was about to ask when the spoiler period for The World of Ice & Fire would end and remember I had just read the answer somewhere, I found it here, upthread:

The "30 days after release", just to specify, will end this thursday, november 27th :)

Thanks, @Rhaenys_Targaryen!

I think general human psychology is all the evidence we need that Dunk slept with her, a young twenties/ late teens person has the chance to have sex with a hot woman and decides to clip her hair instead?

Yes, that totally describes me at the time :)

So while I find the argument compelling, it is not totally compelling, at least not in my personal case...

Archived