Telltale's Game of Thrones leaked in game photos

DeathYon

If this game takes place during winds of winter, why the fuck is there a picture of tyrion in kings landing during a storm of swords?

It doesn't even take place in the book universe. It's a spin-off from the TV series. It starts towards the end of Season 3 and will conclude at the start of Season 5.

It doesn't even take place in the book universe. It's a spin-off from the TV series. It starts towards the end of Season 3 and will conclude at the start of Season 5.

Ok, didn't know that, maybe the rumors I read about were false. But my interest in this game just declined a lot, the show is so shitty at the moment that I don't even know if all those who make it are serious or trolling everyone.

Ok, didn't know that, maybe the rumors I read about were false. But my interest in this game just declined a lot, the show is so shitty at the moment that I don't even know if all those who make it are serious or trolling everyone.

Agreed. I went from "will definitely buy" to "meh" in the span of wert's post.

Do we know whether or not they are following book canon or HBO canon?

The TV canon, definitely. House Forrester is mentioned in the books, though. They're on Team Stannis in ADWD, so it may be that the writers got some input from GRRM (and presumably permission, since Forrester has not appeared in the TV show yet they're not included in the TV license).

I'm not really a gamer, but I have heard some great things about Telltale, so unless the reviews are crappy I'll probably buy this. Although I admit it would be a lot better if it was based on the books.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new art style, to be honest. The cell-shaded graphics were part of the charm in The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead (and soon, Tales from the Borderlands). Compared to those, this looks...pretty bad. Now, I'm not expecting Crytek graphics, but most of the screenshots look like a downgrade from their previous work, especially the one centering on Cersei. I mean, that hair...wow. But on the other hand, I quite like the oil painting look of the background behind Margaery. So yeah, I'm kind of torn, but I'll reserve judgement until I see some actual footage.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy this.

My assumption has been it will basically a separate story set in the ASOIAF world and only tangentially related to books/show. I wasn't really expecting or wanting the AASOIAF story told in 6 two hour episodes. And I thought we might, at best, bump into the occassional characters from the bookds/show, but it will be centred mostly around original characters.

I can't view the images linked at work - but it sounds that may not be the case and chow/book characters are featured prominantly? Or maybe they're only featured prominantly in promotional materials and won't really appear in the game much.

Regardless, Telltale have earned my faith with their last few outings - so I trust them to tell a good story.

Wake me up when they make the Elder Scrolls-style epic RPG that we all want. You know, the one where I can create my own character and give him a name and choose which house he's loyal to and what religion he follows. And then from there, I can choose a base class and then throughout the game decide if I want to join a sellsword company or create my own or join The Faceless Men or become a knight or join the Faith Militant or the Night's Watch or unlock my abilities as a warg or become a reaver that lays waste to coastal towns, etc.

But I'm sure the choose-your-own-adventure game based on the show is going to be great. :mellow:

Looks shit. Won't buy. Rushed to capitalise on the show (obv) but if someone took the time to make a medieval/fantasy game properly, but don't base it on ASOIAF, that would mean they could invest proper time and make a good game. They could still base it around "different decisions affect you in different ways" but this game is going to suck.

Archived