[TWOIAF] The Other Family Trees

Hardstone

The Targaryen Tree covers 300 years, the Stark Tree covers 200 years and the Lannister tree covers 100 years.

If there was a second Worldbook and three more trees were included following the above format, which three families would you want to see?

*Space isn't an issue for you Frey fans, although we've pretty much got the last 100 years already...

Reminder Key:

• Great Houses: Baratheon, Martell, Greyjoy, Tully, Arryn and Tyrell
  • Featured Houses: Velaryon, Celtigar, Darklyn, Blackwood, Bracken, Mallister, Darry, Frey, Tarth, Swann, Dondarrion, Caron, Yronwood, Dayne, Harlaw, Drumm, Volmark, Royce, Corbray, Bolton, Umber, Karstark, Manderly, Mormont, Reed, Hightower, Peake, Rowan, Tarly, Redwyne, Oakheart, Fossoways (Both), Florent, Crakehall, Marbrand, Reyne, Tarbeck, Westerling, Plumm, Payne
  • Specials: 300 Years of Harrenhal Houses (Qoherys -> Whent), 100 Year of Newbies (Baelish, Clegane and Slynt (Y) )

I personally would want to see an extension of the Targaryen tree so seeing the other side of the marriages and where the female lines ended up so I'm leaning toward...

300 Years

Baratheon as my favourite house is an obvious choice for me. I can't get enough!

or Velaryon which have become a new favourite of mine since TPQ and the rest have been released

200 Years

Hightower in, around and after the Dance would be great. I imagine the tree to be quite extensive with many political marriages.

100 Years

Martell seeing as they only got involved in the last century or so. At least we would finally get the name of Mother Martell too!

Just a list of say 50 houses (with sigils) from each region and 25 castles and 10 house words for the major houses would be all I require for the rest of my days. Is that to much to ask? :dunno:

From each regions the great house and three others. The great houses back to the conquest, and the last 100 for the others.

Stark

Bolton

Manderly

Umber

Tully

Bracken
Blackwood

Mallister

(don't even bother with teh Freys)

Arryn

Royce

Waynwood

Corbray or Hunter

Lannister

Marbrand

Crakehall

Lefford

(maybe Reynes omg that'd be cool)

Greyjoy

Goodbrother

Harlaw!!!

Tyrell

Rowan

Redwyne

Hightower

(maybe Florent lmao)

Complete Targaryen

Blackfyre

Darklyn

Velaryon

Rosby/Stokeworth

Baratheon

Tarth...

Connington!

Caron/Swann/Dondarrion

Martell

Yronwood

Fowler

Dayne

All the other Great Houses, except the Greyjoys b/c I hate the IB and TWOIAF wasted tons of page-space on them already; I wish we'd had House Stark all the way back to Torrhen who knelt, and further back for the Lannisters as well. Considering House Baratheon currently holds the IT you'd think there'd be a family tree for them too.

The North: Umbers, Boltons, Karstarks (only the last 100 yrs or so for these, just to flesh them out a bit)

Riverlands: Blackwoods (if they produced BR & Aegon V's queen & the Stark kids' great-great-grandmother, I want to know about them)

Vale: Royces (I like them, they married w/ House Stark at least twice)

Crownlands: Velaryons (lots of cool Valyrian names)

Reach: Hightowers (they're practically a great house, important w/ the Citadel & the Faith)

Dorne: Daynes, everyone loves them, and they have such awesome names

As I said, I hate the IB and none of the Lannister or Baratheon bannermen seem v. interesting.

I'd like to see all the rest of the major houses.

If I had to pick three minor ones per region, for the last 100 years or so

North: Bolton, Dustin, Manderly

Riverlands: Bracken, Blackwood, Mallister

Vale: Royce, Redfort, Waynwood

Westerlands: Crakehall, Marbrand, maybe Westerling?

Iron Islands: Harlaw. Can't really think of another.

Reach: Hightower, Redwyne, Rowan

Dorne: Yronwood, Dayne, Fowler

Stormlands: Tarth, Estermont, Connington

Crownlands: Velaryon, Darklyn

You guys don't ask for much. :-P

I was asking for you to prioritise your Top 3 in the format that exists if a second volume is produced. In an ideal dream world, I'd want every house and tree up to the Conquest and before but that is nigh on impossible and is never going to happen.

So try and be realistic.

If I could only pick Great Houses:

300 years of Baratheon

200 years of Martell

100 years of Tully

300 Years of Tyrell. It would be interesting to see their rise from Steward class family, to one seen as undeserving upstarts (even overshadowed by the Hightowers to the Targs) to current day when they have stable relations with all their prominent Vassals.

200 Years of Royce. Always prominent with marriages that we know of to the Arryns, Targaryens and Starks. Would be interesting to see how many First Men families they have kept good relations with.

100 Years of the Velaryons. Just to have a look at how far they have stumbled in prestige since the last of the Dragons and the great commanders like Oakenfist and the Sea Snake.

You guys don't ask for much. :-P

I was asking for you to prioritise your Top 3 in the format that exists if a second volume is produced. In an ideal dream world, I'd want every house and tree up to the Conquest and before but that is nigh on impossible and is never going to happen.

So try and be realistic.

If I could only pick Great Houses:

300 years of Baratheon

200 years of Martell

100 years of Tully

Haha I suppose so :/.

Family trees of all great houses until the conquest. Nothing more, nothing less.

To have some but not others feels like a disservice.

Hmm, I don't think I can choose..

There are a few trees that I'd wish to see. House Martell for the full 300 years (though House Velaryon and House Arryn are currently a close second), House Hightower for the 200 (to find out where Rhaena's Hightower kids ended up).

For the hundred years, I'd nominate the Plumms, the Blackfyre's, the Whents, and the Estermonts.

It's too difficult to name just one house in one place!

The fact that we only got 5 or so new Tyrells makes me sad. 3 of them are founders of the house and the other one is only mentioned once (Matthos Tyrell) and the last one is just a name of pre-mentioned character (Lyonel Tyrell).

So yes. Gimme more Tyrells. I always imagined some interesting Tyrell women in Targaryen courts and such. But no. Just more knighty Tyrells... No new Tyrell female

:angry:

Worth noting that a Dayne family tree actually does exist - Ran mentioned it some time ago. Considering that's not even a ruling house - though an important minor one -, odds are that the Tully, Baratheon, Tyrell and Martell exist as well. That would just be a big info dump for a book like TWOIAF, so that'll wait for Fire and Blood - assuming it ever happens.

This is too hard a question. I suppose I'd like to link Borros Baratheon up to Lyonel, that would be nice. The Starks already go back a good bit, but 3-4 generations more would be great, to Torrhen. I'd like Tyrell too.. ahh this is too difficult a question. I'd like any new family tree too add to my own, the more people the better.

Worth noting that a Dayne family tree actually does exist - Ran mentioned it some time ago. Considering that's not even a ruling house - though an important minor one -, odds are that the Tully, Baratheon, Tyrell and Martell exist as well. That would just be a big info dump for a book like TWOIAF, so that'll wait for Fire and Blood - assuming it ever happens.

When he revealed a 'small' Dayne tree existed he also said there was no Baratheon tree set out.

Fire and Blood is the targ-fest right? How are we getting a complete history of House Targ and we have to pull teeth for some Starks? Geeeeoooorrgee:(

I'd like at least 100 years of Tully.

We know of Medgar Tully, Lord of RR during the Ashford Tourney. His son was a young boy, 8 years old, in 211 (placing his birth around 203 AC). Could this boy be Hoster's father? Where does Celia Tully fit in the mix?

Archived