TWOIAF Errata

Arataniello

A thread in which to highlight things to be corrected in future editions. Genuine errors only, not matters of interpretation.

On p262, in the panel discussing the Triarchy - "...only to begin demand increasingly exorbitant tolls of passing swifts...". Should be "of passing ships".

p267, discussing Pentos. The final line of the section should surely be "...[any khals] who brought their khalasars WEST of the Rhoyne".

I opened a thread a few days ago concerning inconsistencies that can be found in the book, I'm guessing the grammar and spelling is the goal here?

Because in that case:

First print, page 191, column on the left, fourth paragraph

"These tidings united his three eldest sons: the Targaryen were done, they told him, and House Greyjoy must needs join the rebellion at once or lose any hope of sharing in the spoils of victory".

Targaryen should be spelled Targaryens

Btw. I suggested the .pdf because I don't have the app (my BlackBerry refuses me to get it), and I think that there may be other folks over here who'd like to print it and put a copy in the book.

@Rhaenys_Targaryen: yepp, I saw that other thread of yours.

In the Stark family tree;

Edwyle's sister Jocelyn Stark was married to Benedict Rogers. It should have been Benedict Royce as told by Cat. I think the same mistake is also there in Harrold Rogers, who should have been Harrold Royce.

In the Stark family tree;

Edwyle's sister Jocelyn Stark was married to Benedict Rogers. It should have been Benedict Royce as told by Cat. I think the same mistake is also there in Harrold Rogers, who should have been Harrold Royce.

Harrold Rogers is correct, as stated by Ran. Benedict Rodgers should indeed have been Benedict Royce.

^ Or we could compile them all in a *single* thread and everybody who'd want could c&p and save it for themselves.

Yeah, but we don't know with everything yet what it is supposed to be, only that something isn't right.

After the Walk of Shame, when Kevin is talking with Cercei he says: "You think I care about a cup of wine? Lancel is my son, Cersei. Your own NEPHEW. If I am angry with you, that is the cause..."

Dunno if they've already corrected that, but in the version I have on my phone is like that.

p. 83, second column 'He was refused his father's place as regent [...]' should read 'grandfather's place', as Alyn Velaryon is thoroughly presented as Corlys Velaryon's grandson, not his son (aside from the sidebar discussing Mushroom's theory).

• 2 weeks later...

The World of Ice and Fire is an amazing tome, and beautifully rendered, but it has a few flaws...

I've noticed a few typos and suspect others have too. Perhaps a list of errata would be helpful?

Two corrections are definitely needed:

1. In the map of the Vale, Saltpans is depicted east of the Quiet Isle (p. 162). It is located correctly in the Riverlands map (p. 150).

2. In the timeline of the Iron Throne (p. 319), Daeron I and Baelor I are reversed.

...Also, the ruins of Castamere would have been appropriate for the Westerlands map (p. 194), and a write-up on the Crownlands would not have gone amiss...

Any other errata?

:)

Very minor nitpick:

“Aegon died in that battle, leaving behind his wife and sister Rhaena, and their two twin daughters”

“Laena gave Daemon two twin daughters, Baela and Rhaena.”

Refererring to a set of twins as "two twins" is gramatically incorrect. It should be just "twin daughters".

Archived