Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

You clearly don't know what those words mean, because my entire post was about how there is a difference between the population percentage and the percent of stops. If African Americans make up 30% of the population, they should make up roughly 30% of the stops. They don't. That was the entire goddamn point of my post.

Go finish elementary school.

edit: I'm bad at taking my own advice. I'm done.

Do you agree that police stop more people in areas with a higher crime rate?

I'm not arguing against the bias. It's never going to change unfortunately. The legal system favors those with money, whites. Don't be mad at me the system is the way it is. If you want to argue the reasons WHY many AA commit the crimes they do (robbery, selling drugs) that's a different discussion. I understand that many AA have a pretty fucked situation. Choosing between making near minimum wage or committing crimes for fast, easy money. I understand, I really do. But the facts are the facts.

Why the fuck shouldn't I be mad at an unjust system? e: misread.

And yes, those are both true statements. That doesn't make your interpretation of those two facts correct at all.

Yes, that is what it literally means. We asked for his interpretation. His interpretation is that African Americans are inherently more criminal. Presumably, this means there is no bias in the justice system whatsoever.

Which of course is fucked, but whatever.

This might be what Jslay means, but it's NOT what he said. That African Americans commit crimes at a rate disproportionate to their presence in the population is an issue that criminologists have been dealing with for decades. There's a wealth of data that shows that African Americans are significantly disproportionately represented as perpetrators of crime, particularly violent crime.

That does NOT mean, however, that African Americans are inherently more criminal. There are studies that tend to support the conclusion that when poverty is accounted and corrected for, Blacks and Whites commit violent crimes at a roughly equivalent rate.

You clearly don't know what those words mean, because my entire post was about how there is a difference between the population percentage and the percent of stops. If African Americans make up 30% of the population, they should make up roughly 30% of the stops. They don't. That was the entire goddamn point of my post.

Go finish elementary school.

edit: I'm bad at taking my own advice. I'm done.

They don't make up 30%, they make up 67%

This might be what Jslay means, but it's NOT what he said. That African Americans commit crimes at a rate disproportionate to their presence in the population is an issue that criminologists have been dealing with for decades. There's a wealth of data that shows that African Americans are significantly disproportionately represented as perpetrators of crime, particularly violent crime.

That does NOT mean, however, that African Americans are inherently more criminal. There are studies that tend to support the conclusion that when poverty is accounted and corrected for, Blacks and Whites commit violent crimes at a roughly equivalent rate.

poverty is absolutely a factor. you can never add in a factor like that and say well if soandso lived in poverty they would resort to crime. It can't be done. Show all the data you want.

poverty is absolutely a factor. you can never add in a factor like that and say well if soandso lived in poverty they would resort to crime. It can't be done. Show all the data you want.

No serious study would make the claim that "if soandso lived in poverty they would resort to crime."

What you can do, however, is specifically look at poverty-stricken neighborhoods in the same city with majority white populations and majority black populations and compare the respective violent crime rates. Probably the most famous study on this issue looked at violent crime rates in various census tracks in Columbus, Ohio. The result was that when you looked at white neighborhoods that were poverty stricken and black neighborhoods that were equally poverty-stricken, the violent crime rates were basically the same.

Ok you have to be trolling. Refuse to believe anyone can possibly be this stupid.

This is the guy that first suggested the government make it illegal for Insurance companies to exclude people with pre-existing conditions, then in the very next post said the problem the ACA deals with could be solved without government intervention.

So did you all hear about how the KKK was threatening to go to Ferguson and violently respond to any potential rioters?

Then Anonymous (the hacker collective) went after them. Took over their websites, Twitter accounts, and started doxxing members.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30105412

I can't support doxxing and especially the bit with the childrens' photos, but it's hard to get worked up in defense of the Klan.

Anonymous is so weird, their either threatening to rape 14 year olds or doing shit like this. I can't imagine it's the same group of people so your think they once doing at least some good would change their name.

It means that African Americans commit crimes at a higher rate. Do you believe that every black person arrested was caught by a Caucasian cop?

Actually it means they're imprisoned or caught at higher rates. It doesn't actually prove they commit more crimes. Unless you think the justice system is perfect and 1) never imprisons the innocent and 2) knows about every crime committed.

The majority of African American people I know are people I would trust watching my children (biggest compliment I can give someone). Unless you believe that there is a nationwide conspiracy against African Americans you can't argue the facts.

It's not a conspiracy. It's called the war on drugs.

Where the fuck do you get this? People, especially black people, get locked up for weed possession and a bunch of other non-violent crimes all the time.

I was being ironic. I was responding to the data study which says whites commit the same percentage of violent crimes in white neighborhoods strike with poverty. He didn't mention non violent crimes though.

Looks like all the social justice butterflies flew away.

I'm beginning to wonder if you even have a clue what fucking point you're trying to make. It's so unclear that at this point I've got to think you're incapable of making a point with clarity, or are dancing around what you really want to say. You certainly aren't doing yourself any favors with this little bit of obnoxiousness.

You say African Americans are incarcerated at a greater rate than their share of the general population (common knowledge). Asked why, you say because they commit more crimes. After prodding you seemingly admit this has to do with other societal factors like poverty. Then you suggest that studies which show, controlling for other factors, whites and blacks commit crimes at the same rate, are flawed because studies can't prove what an individual would do in other circumstances (an inane point, because the point of the studies is not to prove anything on an individual level, but to examine group-level behavior), and you say show all the data you want you aren't hearing it. So we're left with you having said that African Americans are incarcerated at a greater rate because they commit more crimes because of poverty but not really, probably just because they commit more crimes. Now you drop this one liner as if you've made a fucking point that people haven't responded to, when instead you've just drooled out what only extreme charity precludes calling open racism and when you yourself have failed to respond to contrary points.

I'm beginning to wonder if you even have a clue what fucking point you're trying to make. It's so unclear that at this point I've got to think you're incapable of making a point with clarity, or are dancing around what you really want to say. You certainly aren't doing yourself any favors with this little bit of obnoxiousness.

You say African Americans are incarcerated at a greater rate than their share of the general population (common knowledge). Asked why, you say because they commit more crimes. After prodding you seemingly admit this has to do with other societal factors like poverty. Then you suggest that studies which show, controlling for other factors, whites and blacks commit crimes at the same rate, are flawed because studies can't prove what an individual would do in other circumstances (an inane point, because the point of the studies is not to prove anything on an individual level, but to examine group-level behavior), and you say show all the data you want you aren't hearing it. So we're left with you having said that African Americans are incarcerated at a greater rate because they commit more crimes because of poverty but not really, probably just because they commit more crimes. Now you drop this one liner as if you've made a fucking point that people haven't responded to, when instead you've just drooled out what only extreme charity precludes calling open racism and when you yourself have failed to respond to contrary points.

It's cool bro, he'd trust a black person to watch his kids. A few of them even. Cause some of his best friends...

Archived