Why do so many people think that Dany/Jon/Stannis will ...

Mithras

I guess I'd say Dany is just too much of a larger than life kind of character to fit into the world she's in. As for Jon, I won't deny that he's on a traditional hero arc (though I won't disparage that at all) so that could mean death. Happens a lot in hero mythology. Stannis is probably just expendable.

Ned was the main character of AGoT.

Was he really?

I guess I'd say Dany is just too much of a larger than life kind of character to fit into the world she's in. As for Jon, I won't deny that he's on a traditional hero arc (though I won't disparage that at all) so that could mean death. Happens a lot in hero mythology.

Partly because her entire arc so far has been, in a way, outside "the world" of the rest of the story.

Stannis is probably just expendable.

In many ways, yes. His main deed, the saving of the Night's Watch (and by extension the Wall) just when it was about to fall has been achieved.

Was he really?

One of them. I don't think it's possible to pick one as the main character, at least not objectively. Subjectively, sure, so to some people I'm sure Ned felt like (and therefore was) the main character of AGoT.

Partly because her entire arc so far has been, in a way, outside "the world" of the rest of the story.

Plus, she's not a stable character. In both her decisions and the things she couldn't control like her early life, she's never known consistency. The closest thing she's felt in that regard was the house in Braavos, and that's surely something she can never go back to. She doesn't have a sense of home or family identity besides a vague notion of "Westeros." Yet she's experienced more of the world than just about any other character. Jon on the other hand, I can see him ending up as Lord of Winterfell since he was raised there and mostly felt a sense of home and place.

No, but seriously: I think it's the Ned Stark effect? Everyone thought Ned was the main character of the series and look what happened to him. Now, how these three are looking like main characters, we sorta are expecting them do die?

After Ned's death, I knew no one was safe so when the new book comes out I'll be expecting basically everybody to die - or let's say I'm trying to prepare myself that some of my favourite characters won't make it to the end because no one is safe.

He also has to have a confrontation with Dany. Stannis will soon bind the North completely to his cause. The Northmen will be honour bound to the man who defended the Wall/NW and later fought the Boltons and brought the Stark boy back. I think that way the story will lead to the battle between Dany and Stannis having the Northmen with him. I expect this battle to take place before the Second Dance starts. After defeating Stannis Dany will turn South to face fAegon. So, the final function of Stannis will be to alienate the North to Dany and let the NW fail in holding the Wall as a result of being deprived of Dany's much needed forces.

Archived