Just finished the book

ant1010

I don't get why so many people thought this book was boring or the worst in the series. I actually really really enjoyed it. It's probably tied for my favorite with a storm of swords. I'm really looking forward to the next book. I know this isn't even a question, but I just had to get this out there

It's also much easier to enjoy, on it's own merits, when you have the next one just waiting. Imagine you just finished, then had to wait multiple years to see what's going on with Jon, Tyrion, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

It does focus on the same characters a bit too much.. But we forget, this book and the next were supposed to be one book. This is just part 1 of 2.

Kinda sucks for those who read in real-time and Martin's promised "one year" to finish ADWD took six.

I love characters. And boy does this one have characters. Brienne, Cersei, the new POVs. I loved it all. Even if I hate them --I'm looking at you Cersei-- I still loved being in their heads.

Edit: I want to also say that I loved the way the new POVs were introduced. Instead of Aeron I or whatever we get The Prophet. Same for Asha in The Kraken's Daughter.

Archived