Houses in Blackfyre's Rebellion

glamourweaver

There are a bunch of passes within the Vale of Arryn itself. They'd be bottled up on that little peninsula where Gulltown is.

Not based on the Lands of Ice and Fire map. The Vale is a valley, it's what's in-between the passes. Redford, Ironoaks, Old Anchor, Longbow Hall, that's all open ground.

I never thought much about a Gulltown landing but I think I like it. If they could take it and move to secure the Bloody Gate quickly, they could potentially, (and possibly easily), keep loyalists out while they conquer the Vale, save perhaps the Eyrie itself, which would require a long siege obviously.

That said they needed to land somewhere relatively friendly and the Vale was one of the least friendly realms to the Blackfyres.

That's the biggest thing - you'd need to get to the Bloody Gate very fast - if you can get there before the Targs can, well all its defenses point out, not in, for a reason.

But yes, if you're going for friendly territory, I'd say your two biggest targets would be Yronwood if you want to try to raise up a force in the mountains and recruit from the Marches, or try to arrange a landing in the Reach.

That's the biggest thing - you'd need to get to the Bloody Gate very fast - if you can get there before the Targs can, well all its defenses point out, not in, for a reason.

But yes, if you're going for friendly territory, I'd say your two biggest targets would be Yronwood if you want to try to raise up a force in the mountains and recruit from the Marches, or try to arrange a landing in the Reach.

Depending on the Hightowers, Oldtown is good. Mander mouth if you can pass Shield a Islands, who might join you.

I imagine there were also several houses that did what Lord Butterwell did in the First Blackfyre Rebellion; play both sides. He had a son in each army. This was actually common in Roman civil war; the idea was the family member on the winning side would speak up for any family on the losing side. I'd be curious to see where that happened.

I suspect it did with the Reynes too, for one. Ser Robb Reyne, not Lord Reyne. It wouldn't surprise me if Robb wasn't the heir either. My guess is the Reynes were either officially neutral or officially loyal, but Robb as a respected supporter of the Blackfyres is well placed if Daemon wins. If he doesn't, he can be dismissed as a skilled rebel and no longer of the family.

Archived