Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

EruditeFool

21 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I must ask: What's my avatar got to do with anything? Does me thinking it's a funny picture somehow invalidate my opinion on all things creative?

And lol at your questioning of my writing ability. Granted, I might not be the best writer in the world, but I'm better than you mate.

No, your avatar and username are perfect, I'm thinking now. A  mutt, posing as someone highly logical and intelligent. A troglodytic parasite. 

And as for you being a better writer than me, that's a laughable contention. Chances are that given a thousand years to live you would still be at a skill level of about 0.01% of mine. Frankly, I am surprised that you can string enough words together to even post here. But hey, put up your own work so that I might behold the wonderment and see how it's done.

But, I promise you, I do read things before I criticize them. So maybe you might do that before you and your cohorts bounce out of the thread having ganged up on me without even taking the time to read anything and thus know WTF you are even talking about.

Edited by Richard Writhen

42 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't know whether to laugh, or cry, or report, or some combination of the three.

He asks for opinions, in the wrong place, and then gets defensive because someone told him he's not a special little snowflake. I merely sigh. 

On 2/25/2016 at 0:26 PM, Andorion said:

I will be picking up the Prince of Thorns trilogy next week for the first time. Looking forward to it!

Here at Lawrence Corp we'd like to congratulate you on a fine purchasing decision that reflects well upon the type of outstanding human you truly are.

You'll find the PoT2011 comes in sizes to fit all budgets, from a hardcovered behemoth to the teeny tiny US paperback. Or even a mere dance of electrons. And for the most discerning of connoisseurs there's always the leather-bound special-edition (hides from endangered species only). 

51 minutes ago, Mark Lawrence said:

Here at Lawrence Corp we'd like to congratulate you on a fine purchasing decision that reflects well upon the type of outstanding human you truly are.

You'll find the PoT2011 comes in sizes to fit all budgets, from a hardcovered behemoth to the teeny tiny US paperback. Or even a mere dance of electrons. And for the most discerning of connoisseurs there's always the leather-bound special-edition (hides from endangered species only). 

I love when a product is engineered to suit all sorts of needs!:D

On February 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM, MisterOJ said:

I'm confused by this first paragraph. Is the lady referred to large or small? Because in one sentence, she is described as having a "well-rounded frame" which I tend to think means large and curvy. But in a following sentence it says "because she was so very petite, the steps didn’t even so much as groan as she made her way carefully down them" which seems to contradict her being "well-rounded."

First thing that caught my eye as well.  Not a good sign when the descriptors are confusing right out the gate.  Not sure 'well rounded' and 'petite' fall into the same category.  

Really tried getting through the few chapters you had posted, chief, but holy shit that's some horrible writing you've got going on there.  You're trying too hard to be gimmicky with the language, the plot is on the back burner, and the fucking purple prose is making my goddam eyes bleed.  I attempted to make sense of what was up on your website, but I still have no fucking clue what the story is about.  I get you are trying to sound olde fashion-y, but it just comes off sounding silly. Focus on the story more, tighten up the text, and then focus on word choice/type.  You're letting your gimmick run your mind.  Not a good way to go. 

Seriously, and I'm not trying to be a dick here, but this stuff isn't good.  I know that's hard to hear, and I'm sure you'll deflect, call my avatar stupid, and somehow attempt to invalidate my opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that the stuff you put out into the world is painful to read and the work of someone trying too hard, and not having a fucking clue of what they are doing.