Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

EruditeFool

• 1 month later...

My new novel, Lord of the Hunt (Sooty Feathers, #2) is out now as ebook! Published by Elsewhen Press, the ebook is available from various platforms. Paperback launches 25 May. Book 1, Resurrection Men, has been well received.

Visit bit.ly/LordOfTheHunt

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085CN4Y7J?pf_rd_r=RS9WPDMKQF12KVQZKPPD&pf_rd_p=2d1ab404-3b11-4c97-b3db-48081e145e35

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085CN4Y7J

The blurb:

Death rides the blood of a pale horse

June 1893.

Undead prowl the streets of Glasgow at night hunting for blood. They, in turn, are hunted by the formidable Lady Delaney and her apprentice Kerry Knox, whose fight against the secret society ruling Glasgow will lead them into the city’s industrial heart where the poor toil in miserable conditions. Children have been exploited in mills and factories for decades, but the Sooty Feather Society has refined its cruel disregard in service to the undead.

Delaney and Knox are not the society’s only problem. The elusive demon Arakiel employs murder and necromancy in his campaign to seize control of Glasgow, avenging betrayal and reclaiming what was once his.
  Wilton Hunt and Tam Foley are lying low in the Highlands where Hunt’s father has recently inherited title and estate. The blue skies and clear waters of Loch Aline may seem a tranquil sanctuary to the city men, but its forbidding forests and shadowed glens conceal dark secrets pertaining to Hunt’s family, and a diabolical revelation will change Wilton’s life forever.
  Demons walk the crowded, cobbled streets of Glasgow, and a necromancer’s debt is called in. Knox will learn what joining this war might cost her; Hunt and Foley will learn they can’t escape it. Their diverged paths will meet again when dark magic unleashes a horror not everyone will survive…

UK only:

To do my ‘bit’ for morale in these trying times, I’m selling paperbacks of my two published novels for cost (£6 plus £3 postage). They normally sell for £9.99 (exc postage) but I get then from the publisher for a discount.

The books have been boxed for months, and will be handled with care to minimise viral contamination. 

My latest book Lord of the Hunt is ebook-only until late May, but Resurrection Men (gothic fantasy in Victorian Scotland) and Thorns of a Black Rose (action/adventure fantasy - The Witcher meets Arabian Nights minus monsters and witchers) are both available.

Available while stock lasts. I’ve eight copies of Resurrection Men, and 23 of Thorns of a Black Rose. I’ll order more around the time Lord of the Hunt comes out.

PM me if interested.

Link to the books on the publisher site for more info:

https://elsewhen.press/index.php/catalogue/author/david-craig/

UK only due to uncertainty of shipping, but the publisher can supply abroad albeit at full price.

Here's an overview of my upcoming book:

Title: Tales from Mistland & Other Oddities: By Duck, Spoon, and Friends

Tentative Release Date: May/June 2020

Platform: Self-publishing (Online)

Content: A series of short stories written by me and a few collaborators (May or may not also include artwork) that cover a wide range of genres, themes, and styles

Table of Contents*:

Stories Written by Duck (AKA yours truly):

Promontory 

The Dragon's Cemetery 

Girl in Blue

Anathema (Part I)

Stories Written by Spoon:

Forthcoming

Stories Written by Friends:

Without Home (Working Title)

*Subject to change

Hope y'all will take the time to check it out when its complete and if y'all do I hope y'all enjoy it.

Edited by The Grey Wolf

• 1 month later...

The paperback edition of Lord of the Hunt was supposed to launch today at Satellite 7 in Glasgow’s Crowne Plaza. Obviously the con has been postponed, but I recorded a short video, introducing the novel and reading a short extract. The publisher has uploaded it to YouTube:

https://youtu.be/OpoiWLGbmHQ

I filmed it in Pollok Park (southside of Glasgow) outside Pollok House where a large part of the book is set. I renamed the house and estate, but it’s largely based on the real place. It’s near where I live.

Apologies for the slightly rushed reading, I had to get my daughter from nursery.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3381533088?book_show_action=true&from_review_page=1

A review of Thorns of a Black Rose; the (female) reviewer commented favourably on my depiction of the two main characters (both female).

Interesting that they are critical of Jasper Fforde. To be honest, I've never found his lead character over-sexualised. If the Thursday Next books have a flaw it's that they lack structure, and often degenerate into vehicles for clever jokes, a la a more literary Douglas Adams.

4 hours ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Interesting that they are critical of Jasper Fforde. To be honest, I've never found his lead character over-sexualised. If the Thursday Next books have a flaw it's that they lack structure, and often degenerate into vehicles for clever jokes, a la a more literary Douglas Adams.

Never heard of Jaspar Fforde, but when someone writes a 5* review and tells you they loved your book, you tend not to question their taste :p

I did a brief book reading of Resurrection Men for Super Relaxed Fantasy Chat, who are hosting a different author every day on YouTube. 

Edit: Oh God, that was dreadful! Last time I wing it without notes. Apologies for the crappy oration. :/

Edited by Derfel Cadarn