Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

EruditeFool

I’ve made a tiktok video showing places in Glasgow that feature in Resurrection Men! This one showcasea the cathedral (12th century) and the Necropolis (19th century) on the hill behind the cathedral.

If you watch on the tiktok app, it will display captions.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZML37JXbk/?k=1

I just a new pair of books coming out:

SPACE ACADEMY DROPOUTS, which is a humorous Star Trek sci-fi adventure: https://www.amazon.com/Space-Academy-Dropouts-C-Phipps-ebook/dp/B09Q1MS51G/

And the sequel that's coming out on the 31st, SPACE ACADEMY REJECTS:

https://www.amazon.com/Space-Academy-Rejects-C-Phipps-ebook/dp/B09Z7QFFCQ/

Edited by C.T. Phipps

• 1 month later...

I have some short stories that I've been working on but don't feel like submitting out for publishing (they're meant to be a collection, as the stories are inspired by the song titles of a specific album), so I decided to start posting them on Wattpad. I know I'm too old for Wattpad and does anyone even use it these days, but hey, it works. Maybe once all 17 stories are done (5 so far), I'll actually bother making a proper ebook of them.

The stories are meant to be a sort of folky, fairy-tale-esque, fantasy-ish collection.

folkloria by Nora Bailey

• 5 months later...

Hey pals, if anyone is interested in reading my horror novel (The Watchman) and giving me reviews (Amazon!), I'd appreciate it. I'd be happy to send you an e-copy if you're interested. I spent a long time working on this book, living in query purgatory, before I decided to hire my own editor and then self-publish it. 

A brief rundown: A story about vampires, demons, and an average--maybe above average--monster hunter.

Amazon link: Amazon.com: The Watchman eBook : Lee, Simon: Books

On 1/7/2023 at 5:27 PM, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

@Centrist Simon Steele

I can try to to give it a read once I've cleared my backlog a little bit but that might take some time. (As someone who's also self-published, I can attest to the fact that self-marketing is difficult but fulfilling.)

Well, I haven't found the fulfilling part yet! But yes, if you get some time, just PM me or something. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

@Centrist Simon Steele

Bought your book so I don't forget.

:)

Oh thanks--that's really kind. Now I'm nervous. And you've increased my sales 100 percent. :D

P.S. I bought your book too. I am really trying to get back to reading good, fun books. I'm graduating with my PhD in May, and the last seven years have been lots of reading, but no fiction. 

Edited by Centrist Simon Steele

1 hour ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Oh thanks--that's really kind. Now I'm nervous. And you've increased my sales 100 percent. :D

P.S. I bought your book too. I am really trying to get back to reading good, fun books. I'm graduating with my PhD in May, and the last seven years have been lots of reading, but no fiction. 

Congrats on finishing the PhD! I still have three board exams to go. :(

No one's ever described my work as "fun" before but if it gets a reaction out of you that isn't along the lines of "unpolished garbage" I'll be more than happy. Indeed, my goal is to one day produce a work that makes someone laugh, cry, or throw their book across the room the way some people did when they read the RW chapter back in 2000.

Also, you can find my art commissions for the book here: https://beyondmistland.tumblr.com/tagged/art for mistland.

Oh, and thanks again for the support!

Edited by The Grey Wolf Strikes Back

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 12:33 PM, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

Congrats on finishing the PhD! I still have three board exams to go. :(

No one's ever described my work as "fun" before but if it gets a reaction out of you that isn't along the lines of "unpolished garbage" I'll be more than happy. Indeed, my goal is to one day produce a work that makes someone laugh, cry, or throw their book across the room the way some people did when they read the RW chapter back in 2000.

Also, you can find my art commissions for the book here: https://beyondmistland.tumblr.com/tagged/art for mistland.

Oh, and thanks again for the support!

Well, to the bolded, you know what I mean be "fun" then. Ha. 

I'll be sure to post a positive review once I read it. Solidarity, friend. 

4 hours ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Well, to the bolded, you know what I mean be "fun" then. Ha. 

I'll be sure to post a positive review once I read it. Solidarity, friend. 

The worst part of med school for sure.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. And feel free to share the artwork on your other socials, etc. Incidentally, if all goes according to plan, a print version should be available for purchase within the next two to four weeks.

I'll try to read your book as soon as possible btw.

• 2 weeks later...

We did another podcast on literature, this time discussing Enders Game. Feel free to give it a listen if you're bored.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dont-ruin-this-for-me/id1650146526

We're not famous, nor is our discourse amazing. We're just a few guys chatting about things we enjoyed when we were younger. Apple podcasts link is above but the podcast is available on all major platforms.

• 1 month later...