Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

EruditeFool

2 hours ago, A wilding said:

Hah, I never win anything. :(

(Should have voted for Brexit.)

Still nvm, I will read it anyway.

I'll need to decide a title. The first book in the series, Resurrection Men, was an easy title to come up with, but this one less so. Devil's Heir, Ashwood ... 

In the Land of the Elephant's Footprint (my far-future Chernobyl short story) now out, as part of the Spring 2019 edition of Into the Ruins:

https://intotheruins.com/issues/issue-12-spring-2019/

(By curious chance, I have a trio of horror stories coming out in the space of a few days. The third one, Gone Fishing, is out at the start of April).

Not sure if anyone's in the Glasgow area, but I'm holding a small book event on Saturday, starting at 1400. I'll  be discussing the book, Glasgow as it was then, and reading a short extract of the book. Copies will be on sale.

When: 6th April, 2 PM

Where: 5 St Margaret's Place, Glasgow, G1 5JY

• 3 weeks later...

I'd hoped to attend Eastercon this weekend to help promote Resurrection Men, but given my wife and I have a 7 month old baby, decided it wasn't practical.

However, my publisher, Elsewhen Press have their own dealer's room at the con, where they're selling my novel and many others. I believe some of their authors will be around, including boarder Zoe Sumra, sci fi writer of Underside series (Sailor to a Siren, and Wages of Sin)

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

On 4/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, Derfel Cadarn said:

I'd hoped to attend Eastercon this weekend to help promote Resurrection Men, but given my wife and I have a 7 month old baby, decided it wasn't practical.

However, my publisher, Elsewhen Press have their own dealer's room at the con, where they're selling my novel and many others. I believe some of their authors will be around, including boarder Zoe Sumra, sci fi writer of Underside series (Sailor to a Siren, and Wages of Sin)

It's a pity you couldn't make it here, I did buy a copy of your book yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fantasy story "The Memory Bank and Trust" come out on Cosmic Roots & Eldritch Shores this week! It's a SFWA-qualifying pro market! They do pretty cool artwork for the story as well!

https://cosmicrootsandeldritchshores.com/fiction-all/fantasy/the-memory-bank-and-trust/

14 hours ago, alguien said:

I had a fantasy story "The Memory Bank and Trust" come out on Cosmic Roots & Eldritch Shores this week! It's a SFWA-qualifying pro market! They do pretty cool artwork for the story as well!

https://cosmicrootsandeldritchshores.com/fiction-all/fantasy/the-memory-bank-and-trust/

Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

Received the front cover for Thorns of a Black Rose, my forthcoming epic fantasy novel being published this year by Elsewhen Press. The image is based on a Moroccan village, Ait ben Haddou, as the novel's setting was inspired by north Africa (ancient Egypt and Morocco). The rear cover shows more of the village.

https://postimg.cc/gXxc07w6

On 3/25/2019 at 4:00 AM, Derfel Cadarn said:

And the correct answer was: Loch Aline.

@A wilding got it right and entered the hat along with one other who got the right answer, however lost the draw.  Well done for correctly identifying the loch based my crappy drawing.

Add him in anyway! Even if it's a dude in the pub saying he never wins anything.

• 1 month later...

Revenge, responsibility, confrontation and consequences. A hot desert land of diverse peoples dealing with demons, mages, natural disasters … and the Black Rose assassins.

The ebook version of my 2nd novel, Thorns of a Black Rose (by David Craig) is now available for pre-order, published by Elsewhen Press. The ebook will be released on all popular ebook platforms on 26 July, and the paperback will be released on 19 October. It's about 75k words and is essentially a standalone prequel to my planned fantasy series. It's ideal for those either burned out by long multi-volume series that take decades to be completed, or want to read an adventure in a setting outwith the usual Western Europe-esque worlds.

The press release from the publisher

The novel info page, including pre-order links to Amazon etc

It's a fantasy novel, set in a land inspired by Ancient Egypt, Morocco and the Sahara. The series will follow a small band of diverse, intrepid, and morally ambiguous adventurers as they cross the world on an overarching quest, enduring hot deserts, humid rainforest, snow-capped mountains and dark, frozen forests. My goal is to write a modern take on the sword & sorcery genre, creating a world of strife and intrigue, revealed to the reader through my band of (mis)adventurers. I hope this linear approach (rather than showing multiple locales with multiple sets of characters) will keep the series tightly focused. I plan to have two shorter follow-up series, one with an early 19th century-based setting, and the other with a modern-based setting.

Each novel is intended to tell a standalone tale, while contributing to an overall arc. This novel introduces the reader to three of the protagonists; Shukara (mage), Tamira (thief), and Jassan (desert ranger). It starts in the ancient red-stoned city of Mask, where the protagonists must survive the politics and intrigues of the priest-ruled theocracy. But this is just where their adventure starts...

Revenge: Best planned slow and done fast.

For those who read my novel, any reviews are appreciated. As a novel written by a new unknown author and published by a small independent press, getting noticed is a constant challenge, so I'd also greatly appreciate it if readers from this forum mention it in the quarterly reading threads (and any other relevant thread).  I'm more than happy to discuss my novel and answer any questions/read any feedback.  This is a different type of novel from my debut, Resurrection Men, so the writing style differs, my faux Victorian style absent. But I hope anyone who reads it enjoys it.

Thinking about writing a book, was gonna stay lurking but figured it said "shameless", and shameless = blameless (like you can't blame me)-- if you guys donate to my Kickstarter that pays me for think about writing a book I will (think) make a you a character for more money (you'll probably be written as an asshole sorry it's grimdick fiction very popular duh). 

Are there any other tricks to this?  Bybtricks I mean ways to make you pay me that aren't PayPal (still banned but filed a complaint, attorney wouldn't take it but said my case is strong to strongish ) Thinking I might make some waves by getting a bunch of you guys to refer to me as 'acclaimed internet personality and literary savant Larry' or something sick like that.  Anyway, I take venmo, don't fuck with PayPal (lawyer's call not me) or I can give my address and just send cash because honestly you can also send me weed or drugs not that picky.  Will not send dick pics unless you can prove you are 60 or older.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, larrytheimp said:

Thinking about writing a book, was gonna stay lurking but figured it said "shameless", and shameless = blameless (like you can't blame me)-- if you guys donate to my Kickstarter that pays me for think about writing a book I will (think) make a you a character for more money (you'll probably be written as an asshole sorry it's grimdick fiction very popular duh). 

Are there any other tricks to this?  Bybtricks I mean ways to make you pay me that aren't PayPal (still banned but filed a complaint, attorney wouldn't take it but said my case is strong to strongish ) Thinking I might make some waves by getting a bunch of you guys to refer to me as 'acclaimed internet personality and literary savant Larry' or something sick like that.  Anyway, I take venmo, don't fuck with PayPal (lawyer's call not me) or I can give my address and just send cash because honestly you can also send me weed or drugs not that picky.  Will not send dick pics unless you can prove you are 60 or older.

sign me up. got a couple kilos of giant aquatic black centipede steaks coming your way, and i want my character to yeet henry kissinger into a volcano

• 3 weeks later...