Jump to content
EruditeFool

Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

Recommended Posts

I had a fantasy story "The Memory Bank and Trust" come out on Cosmic Roots & Eldritch Shores this week! It's a SFWA-qualifying pro market! They do pretty cool artwork for the story as well!

https://cosmicrootsandeldritchshores.com/fiction-all/fantasy/the-memory-bank-and-trust/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, alguien said:

I had a fantasy story "The Memory Bank and Trust" come out on Cosmic Roots & Eldritch Shores this week! It's a SFWA-qualifying pro market! They do pretty cool artwork for the story as well!

https://cosmicrootsandeldritchshores.com/fiction-all/fantasy/the-memory-bank-and-trust/

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received the front cover for Thorns of a Black Rose, my forthcoming epic fantasy novel being published this year by Elsewhen Press. The image is based on a Moroccan village, Ait ben Haddou, as the novel's setting was inspired by north Africa (ancient Egypt and Morocco). The rear cover shows more of the village.

https://postimg.cc/gXxc07w6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 4:00 AM, Derfel Cadarn said:

And the correct answer was: Loch Aline.

@A wilding got it right and entered the hat along with one other who got the right answer, however lost the draw.  Well done for correctly identifying the loch based my crappy drawing.

Add him in anyway! Even if it's a dude in the pub saying he never wins anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revenge, responsibility, confrontation and consequences. A hot desert land of diverse peoples dealing with demons, mages, natural disasters … and the Black Rose assassins.

The ebook version of my 2nd novel, Thorns of a Black Rose (by David Craig) is now available for pre-order, published by Elsewhen Press. The ebook will be released on all popular ebook platforms on 26 July, and the paperback will be released on 19 October. It's about 75k words and is essentially a standalone prequel to my planned fantasy series. It's ideal for those either burned out by long multi-volume series that take decades to be completed, or want to read an adventure in a setting outwith the usual Western Europe-esque worlds.

The press release from the publisher

The novel info page, including pre-order links to Amazon etc

It's a fantasy novel, set in a land inspired by Ancient Egypt, Morocco and the Sahara. The series will follow a small band of diverse, intrepid, and morally ambiguous adventurers as they cross the world on an overarching quest, enduring hot deserts, humid rainforest, snow-capped mountains and dark, frozen forests. My goal is to write a modern take on the sword & sorcery genre, creating a world of strife and intrigue, revealed to the reader through my band of (mis)adventurers. I hope this linear approach (rather than showing multiple locales with multiple sets of characters) will keep the series tightly focused. I plan to have two shorter follow-up series, one with an early 19th century-based setting, and the other with a modern-based setting.

Each novel is intended to tell a standalone tale, while contributing to an overall arc. This novel introduces the reader to three of the protagonists; Shukara (mage), Tamira (thief), and Jassan (desert ranger). It starts in the ancient red-stoned city of Mask, where the protagonists must survive the politics and intrigues of the priest-ruled theocracy. But this is just where their adventure starts...

Revenge: Best planned slow and done fast.

For those who read my novel, any reviews are appreciated. As a novel written by a new unknown author and published by a small independent press, getting noticed is a constant challenge, so I'd also greatly appreciate it if readers from this forum mention it in the quarterly reading threads (and any other relevant thread).  I'm more than happy to discuss my novel and answer any questions/read any feedback.  This is a different type of novel from my debut, Resurrection Men, so the writing style differs, my faux Victorian style absent. But I hope anyone who reads it enjoys it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about writing a book, was gonna stay lurking but figured it said "shameless", and shameless = blameless (like you can't blame me)-- if you guys donate to my Kickstarter that pays me for think about writing a book I will (think) make a you a character for more money (you'll probably be written as an asshole sorry it's grimdick fiction very popular duh). 

Are there any other tricks to this?  Bybtricks I mean ways to make you pay me that aren't PayPal (still banned but filed a complaint, attorney wouldn't take it but said my case is strong to strongish ) Thinking I might make some waves by getting a bunch of you guys to refer to me as 'acclaimed internet personality and literary savant Larry' or something sick like that.  Anyway, I take venmo, don't fuck with PayPal (lawyer's call not me) or I can give my address and just send cash because honestly you can also send me weed or drugs not that picky.  Will not send dick pics unless you can prove you are 60 or older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, larrytheimp said:

Thinking about writing a book, was gonna stay lurking but figured it said "shameless", and shameless = blameless (like you can't blame me)-- if you guys donate to my Kickstarter that pays me for think about writing a book I will (think) make a you a character for more money (you'll probably be written as an asshole sorry it's grimdick fiction very popular duh). 

Are there any other tricks to this?  Bybtricks I mean ways to make you pay me that aren't PayPal (still banned but filed a complaint, attorney wouldn't take it but said my case is strong to strongish ) Thinking I might make some waves by getting a bunch of you guys to refer to me as 'acclaimed internet personality and literary savant Larry' or something sick like that.  Anyway, I take venmo, don't fuck with PayPal (lawyer's call not me) or I can give my address and just send cash because honestly you can also send me weed or drugs not that picky.  Will not send dick pics unless you can prove you are 60 or older.

sign me up. got a couple kilos of giant aquatic black centipede steaks coming your way, and i want my character to yeet henry kissinger into a volcano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, a good and nice guy said:

sign me up. got a couple kilos of giant aquatic black centipede steaks coming your way, and i want my character to yeet henry kissinger into a volcano

Done and done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a slightly eventful week re my writing this week:

I finished the first draft (after 18 months) of the Sooty Feathers book 2, sequel to Resurrection Men. So yay!

I also not only got my first blogger review for my new fantasy novel, Thorns of a Black Rose, but also a new blogger review of Resurrection Men!

To celebrate, I'll stick links and excerpts of the various blogger reviews below, to convince those of you who've not yet read my books of the errors of your ways :P

 

Thorns of a Black Rose:

Review Review by Mada on Al-Alhambra

A few quotes: "Thorns of a Black Rose is a great novel I’ve read that deserves to be on the top selling lists of major book stores such as Waterstones and Barnes and Nobles. This book reads like an RPG of the Desert." - I'd settle for them actually stocking copies, though two of my local Waterstones did stock a copy each of Resurrection Men after I emailed them.

"The setting is vivid, and the description takes you back to a world where dusty deserts and camels embark on a vast sweeping epic journey. There’s bandits, assassins, empires, merchant guilds, all jostling for power."

"This novel has so much magic I’m flabbergasted that it is this well done"

"The prose is well written. The writing is on point. The dialogue is great, and is there a sequel? my rating is 5/5"

 

Resurrection Men

Review by Nikki of The Book Dragon

Few quotes: "... after chapter 3 or so, I started loving it. It was so unexpected, that I didn’t even realize it at first; I read 40% in one sitting and only stopped because I had happened to glance at the clock! One of the reasons I gave this book such a high rating is that it is good. It doesn’t matter whether your’re a historical fantasy reader or a fan of vampires, even if you’re not, it’s still a great book! I applaud its versatility in catering to all kinds of different audiences."

"I absolutely loved the sarcastic humor. Foley and Hunt together meant that I would be snorting every other dialogue. Even

when they were apart, Foley and the professor, or even other characters, had quite the wit. It was the perfect balance between mystery/suspense/horror and comedy."

"it was absolutely amazing in the last half of the novel. There were gut-wrenching twists that I never in a million years would have seen coming. Everything was so unexpected and played in so nicely with everything else going on. And the ending. Oh my goodness the ending. It was AMAZING. After I was finished reading, I was literally sitting on my couch, stunned. I had yelled through the entire last 1% of the book, giddy and excited. It was the perfect way to wrap up the novel."

Review by Jill Elizabeth

Quotes "What a great find this was! "

"It was an original take on a set of supernatural topics that have been well-covered, and that’s no small feat. The writing is gorgeous – gothic and tonal and perfectly suited to the tale."

Review by "Seregil of Rhimineee", at Rising Shadow

Few quotes: "a captivating and enjoyable reading experience for readers who like dark speculative fiction novels and enjoy gothic stories. It's one of the most thrilling debut novels I've read in ages."

"an example of a perfect scene, I can mention that the scene in which Hunt visits his parents on his birthday and meets his mother is simply brilliant."

"the protagonists are charmingly flawed and fascinating individuals."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My short story, A Christmas in Bohemia is now out, as part of the Fall/Winter 2019 edition of Infernal Ink Magazine. 

There comes a time in every author's life when he must look himself in the mirror and remind himself that he has published necrophiliac Christmas porn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

My short story, A Christmas in Bohemia is now out, as part of the Fall/Winter 2019 edition of Infernal Ink Magazine. 

There comes a time in every author's life when he must look himself in the mirror and remind himself that he has published necrophiliac Christmas porn.

 

This seems to me like a good reason never to become a writer myself..

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×