EruditeFool

Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

1 hour ago, Rcollins said:

Clearly you haven't heard about his shit-hot concept.

In all seriousness, there's a difference between criticism and ridicule. Yes it always looks bad to defend your work when you put it out there to be critiqued, but it's not like the initial comment was really meant to be helpful. These threads are supposed to be about support, not mocking each other. Let's just drop the personal insults and move on.

As I've already said, the initial comment was a bit of gentle ribbing. His reaction to it was pathetic.

And if he'd posted in the actual writing thread, I wouldn't have said a thing. But because he's posting his half-a-dozen half-finished chapters in a thread for promoting finished products, he's fair game for a bit of piss-taking.

You want me to be helpful? Okay then. Nobody will publish this. The style is bizarre and invites ridicule. And that's not even the worst of it. I could read it all and post a full and honest critique, but I don't think anyone needs to see that.

Edited by Spockydog

What's more pathetic, chief, that I sank to your level or that you were there in the first place? The latter, I think.

And why would I care what some ignoramus with a dog dressed up as Mr. Spock from Star Trek as his avatar thinks about my writing. Are you sure you even have the ability to write such a document? Go ahead, it'll be good exposure for me. And then, when you're done posting it wherever, be sure to print out a copy and shove it.

4 minutes ago, Richard Writhen said:

What's more pathetic, chief, that I sank to your level or that you were there in the first place? The latter, I think.

And why would I care what some ignoramus with a dog dressed up as Mr. Spock from Star Trek as his avatar thinks about my writing. Are you sure you even have the ability to write such a document? Go ahead, it'll be good exposure for me. And then, when you're done posting it wherever, be sure to print out a copy and shove it.

You, sir, are a poo poo head.

23 hours ago, Spockydog said:

You're awful. :devil: 

Nope, just accurate, as it turns out :P Silly "ignoramus" with the stupid dog dressed as Spock for an avatar! :rofl: 

Edited by HelenaExMachina

20 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

NO ONE CAN STOP DOCTOR CAUSTIC!

What now that he finally has an avatar?  Yours can be mocked too, you know.

On 2/20/2016 at 2:47 PM, Richard Writhen said:

I'm confused by this first paragraph. Is the lady referred to large or small? Because in one sentence, she is described as having a "well-rounded frame" which I tend to think means large and curvy. But in a following sentence it says "because she was so very petite, the steps didn’t even so much as groan as she made her way carefully down them" which seems to contradict her being "well-rounded."

3 hours ago, Richard Writhen said:

He called you "chief." 

46 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Nope, just accurate, as it turns out :P Silly "ignoramus" with the stupid dd of dressed as Spock for an avatar! :rofl: 

I can't remember, is this the first time the "author" in question has actually had the meltdown on our very own forum? :P

52 minutes ago, MisterOJ said:

I'm confused by this first paragraph. Is the lady referred to large or small? Because in one sentence, she is described as having a "well-rounded frame" which I tend to think means large and curvy. But in a following sentence it says "because she was so very petite, the steps didn’t even so much as groan as she made her way carefully down them" which seems to contradict her being "well-rounded."

Both. Not large but well-rounded.

48 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I can't remember, is this the first time the "author" in question has actually had the meltdown on our very own forum? :P

Maybe you could refer to the definition of author that I posted to find out that you don't need those quotes.