EruditeFool

Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

3 hours ago, Richard Writhen said:

What's more pathetic, chief, that I sank to your level or that you were there in the first place? The latter, I think.

And why would I care what some ignoramus with a dog dressed up as Mr. Spock from Star Trek as his avatar thinks about my writing. Are you sure you even have the ability to write such a document? Go ahead, it'll be good exposure for me. And then, when you're done posting it wherever, be sure to print out a copy and shove it.

You're the one flinging abuse, not me. 

I must ask: What's my avatar got to do with anything? Does me thinking it's a funny picture somehow invalidate my opinion on all things creative?

And lol at your questioning of my writing ability. Granted, I might not be the best writer in the world, but I'm better than you mate.

Live long and prosper. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Nope, just accurate, as it turns out :P Silly "ignoramus" with the stupid dog dressed as Spock for an avatar! :rofl: 

*woof* 

2 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Can we take actual discussions of writing to the Boarders Writing A Novel thread?

Yup. I'm out.

14 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Can we take actual discussions of writing to the Boarders Writing A Novel thread?

Or better yet, just drop this one all together.

21 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I must ask: What's my avatar got to do with anything? Does me thinking it's a funny picture somehow invalidate my opinion on all things creative?

And lol at your questioning of my writing ability. Granted, I might not be the best writer in the world, but I'm better than you mate.

No, your avatar and username are perfect, I'm thinking now. A  mutt, posing as someone highly logical and intelligent. A troglodytic parasite. 

And as for you being a better writer than me, that's a laughable contention. Chances are that given a thousand years to live you would still be at a skill level of about 0.01% of mine. Frankly, I am surprised that you can string enough words together to even post here. But hey, put up your own work so that I might behold the wonderment and see how it's done.

But, I promise you, I do read things before I criticize them. So maybe you might do that before you and your cohorts bounce out of the thread having ganged up on me without even taking the time to read anything and thus know WTF you are even talking about.

Edited by Richard Writhen

I read some of his stuff. As much as I could bear. Someone bestowed with agile and monumental hands should take away his feverish and searing thesaurus.

21 minutes ago, Rcollins said:

Okay can we pretend I never actually stuck up for this guy?

Its OK, we all make mistakes.

Edit: Heeey...is this guy Stanek?

Edited by Darth Richard II

40 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Heeey...is this guy Stanek?

Stanek? Nah, that guys great. Haven't you seen his Amazon reviews?

EDIT: Okay so you mentioned Stanek and got me curious, so I googled his site for the first time in a while and there's a "trailer" for one of his books. This was the first youtube comment that popped up:

L6GwlHM.png

Now take a moment and comprehend the psyche of a man who sounds this unintentionally sexual while complimenting his own book.

Edited by Rcollins

3 hours ago, Rychard Wrythen said:

... put up your own work so that I might behold the wonderment and see how it's done.

Nvm. Just figured out how use the ignore settings. That won't be necessary.

42 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't know whether to laugh, or cry, or report, or some combination of the three.

He asks for opinions, in the wrong place, and then gets defensive because someone told him he's not a special little snowflake. I merely sigh. 

3 hours ago, Mark Lawrence said:

I'm great!

(just getting the thread back on topic)

I will be picking up the Prince of Thorns trilogy next week for the first time. Looking forward to it!