Computer Upgrades

DeathYon

Hey all. I've always been a pc gamer, but I'm still fairly new to this stuff so I'm sorry if I sound a little unclear.

Anyway, I've been looking into my pc's hardware recently and it seems like I need to do some serious upgrading.

I currently have:

Processor - AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor at 3.3 ghz

Video Card - AMD RADEON HD 6670

RAM - 13 GB

It's pretty obvious that I need to upgrade my graphics card, so I'm tossing it up between the Sapphire AMD 7950 and the GTX 670, as they seem to be fairly cost effective for what you get performance wise.

Would this be a good investment? I want to be able to run Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor and others on ultra/very high, but I don't want to buy a graphics card that becomes outdated within a year.

Thanks!

Those are some weird parts. 6-core CPU? 13GB of memory?

The advice I was given on video cards is to buy whatever is around $250 every few years, that's the sweet spot for price vs performance. I don't think I'd buy a 6xx card at this point. I don't think they're even still in production.

I built a new PC with a GTX 760 at the beginning of the year. I don't know if that's still the way to go or not. I've been happy with it running new games with max settings.

Those are some weird parts. 6-core CPU? 13GB of memory?

The advice I was given on video cards is to buy whatever is around $250 every few years, that's the sweet spot for price vs performance. I don't think I'd buy a 6xx card at this point. I don't think they're even still in production.

I built a new PC with a GTX 760 at the beginning of the year. I don't know if that's still the way to go or not. I've been happy with it running new games with mazes settings.

Yeah, it's rather strange. I have no idea why it's 13GB and not 12 or 16.

That sounds like good advice, I'll remember that. I compared the 760 and the 670 and they're about even. I think I might get whichever's cheaper at the time.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-670

Archived