Brienne Versus Rorge+Biter

lom678

Just finished re-reading that chapter and damn it's too good. Definitely one of the best fights in the entire series. So disappointed that it won't be in the show. Also love how at the end of the chapter you think it's Biter's tongue that looks like a sword when in truth it's Gendry killing him. What did you all think of this battle?

Just finished re-reading that chapter and damn it's too good. Definitely one of the best fights in the entire series. So disappointed that it won't be in the show. Also love how at the end of the chapter you think it's Biter's tongue that looks like a sword when in truth it's Gendry killing him. What did you all think of this battle?

Never struck me as particularly amazing to be honest. A good scene though, but it doesn't really stand out when compared to the other fights in ASOIAF, in my opinion. Also, why won't it be in the show?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, that scene is even better if you listen to the audiobook version with Roy Dotrice narrating, its really good.

AFfC, Chapter 37 - Brienne VII

Biter’s mouth tore free, full of blood and flesh. He spat, grinned, and sank his pointed teeth into her flesh again. This time he chewed and swallowed. He is eating me, she realized, but she had no strength left to fight him any longer. ...

This had to be one of the hardest lines for me to read! I cringed!

• 3 months later...

Archived