Food

BranTheBuilder

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

A SOIAF recipe book would be awesome! Seriously. I'd like to have a party/pot luck where you have to bring items just from the books. Wine, ale, garlic crusted squab, lamprey pie...Oka, I'm not sure if I would like lamprey pie, but I would love to try it.

• 2 months later...

Ooooh, an ASOIAF recipe book? I'm IN! I'm a voracious reader (and author) of Medieval stories, and have been struck by the interesting combination of 'sweet' spices and fruits in the Medieval preparation of 'non-sweet' dishes such as meats. Roasted pork in plum sauce, ginger and cinnamon in a beef savory.

*hungry!*

God help us if anyone ever shows the world how to prepare creamed herring... :ack:

(i found this caption under a picture of creamed herring, when I googled it :)

"This stood out from the rest of our order—while everything else we got was just really bland, this was actually disgusting. "Of course it was disgusting!" said my friend. "It was creamed herring. Creamed herring. What the hell did you expect?"

A Cookbook would be awesome, if it came out. It doesn't even have to be 100% stuff mentioned in the books, just medieval style recipes and such. Also, perhaps some real world variants of the drink they commonly use. Like, Summerwine is a very popular drink, but what would that be akin to in our world?

• 4 weeks later...
God help us if anyone ever shows the world how to prepare creamed herring... :ack:

(i found this caption under a picture of creamed herring, when I googled it :)

"This stood out from the rest of our order—while everything else we got was just really bland, this was actually disgusting. "Of course it was disgusting!" said my friend. "It was creamed herring. Creamed herring. What the hell did you expect?"

Well, in my neck of the woods, creamed herring is quite a delicacy.

I would love to see regional differences in food, as well. They apparently have hummus in Dorne and spicier cuisine.

And of course the book wouldn't be complete without a recipe for lemon cake! Mmmm, I want some right now.

I hate double posting, but I have to share. I was craving lemon cake so badly, I actually found a recipe and made some. Check my sig for a picture.

It doesn't look very impressive, but it tastes so very good. :)

• 2 years later...

Archived