Food

BranTheBuilder

hopefully you're not going to include in the recepies one for 'Roast Goat'. :leaving:

Actually, you'd be shocked how good goat can be! We made a Dothraki recipe (Will post soon!), and it was absolutely decadent. The marinade/sauce had honey and spicy peppers, and I may have licked the plate...

Inn at the Crossroads

• 1 month later...

Actually, you'd be shocked how good goat can be!

"Roast goat" in the books does not refer to the four-footed ruminant, but something rather more unpleasant. Hence the previous poster's concern about a recipe for it.

• 2 weeks later...

inn at the crossroads

We are gradually cooking and baking our way through the concordance of food and drink (Ohsohelpfully provided by Westeros.org!), and posting our results and recipes on our blog. We are basing our menus on medieval recipes, which really gives the meals that extra authentic kick!

I just have to post and say a huge thank you for this blog, and also for this site's food concordance. Both were super helpful to me over the last week or so. I made my book club (all women) read GoT and made them a Westeros dinner. I based the menu on Cersei's dinner during the battle at the end of aCoK. (This is my first post on this board, so please excuse my acronyms!) Anyhoo, thank you for the blog and the list of food - I literally walked around the store with my phone and the lists. Made this new reader very very happy. :D

And dinner was a huge success, although I didn't convert them to my fangirl status.

Archived