Petyr Baelish's support in the Vale

Light a wight tonight

Seeing as it is me, Harry the Heir, who possess 100% of the military that Littlefinger would need to "give" me the Riverlands, that's really very little leverage. I could just declare myself King of Mountain and Vale, and given that everything is going completey to hell in the rest of Westeros, I'd have a pretty grand shot at keeping it.

This doesn't mean I might not be interested in making myself king of the Riverlands and the North too, but there's zero incentive to help Littlefinger take that title himself.

One of the things GRRM has said repeated in interviews is that historically, class mattered a lot. Littlefinger is a few generations away from a hedge knight, of no background that any noble in the Seven Kingdoms would ever contemplate making king. He can be Hand of the King (like Septon Barth was, for instance), or hold any number of appointed offices in service of the real ruler, but he is not someone that would ever become king himself.

Is Harry the type of person who is capable of leading the Vale in these terrible times or is going to be overwhelmed and need Littlefingers help ? We do not know anything about Harry but Littlefinger is a master of making sure he is in the right place at the right time and he is not going to set this all up if he cannot take advantage of it.

Which is what Crazy Lysa says, what proof do I have?

Littlefinger is pretty damm good at convincing people of things , he's a master of propaganda and he is going to make sure Harry is on board with his plans or he will never be Lord of the Vale or his rule will be short.

Littlefinger has already murdered two Lord Paramounts and a King and gotten away with it , what's one more Lord Paramount. The question is which Littlefinger will Harry be exposed to . The Littlefinger who is not a threat to anybody and is easygoing or the Littlefinger who starts wars and murders Kings and crushes his enemies. I'm guessing Harry will know the true Littlefinger and be terrified of him, which he should be.

If I were LF it's the greedy and corrupt ones i would misstrust. what going to keep them from robbing LF?
and keep another saying in mind war creates strange bedfellows

As LF said himself, I think Royce is the only one he can never win over. The others will come in time, though they might not be super enthusiastic about it.

I think Lf is making the bill without the landlord as we say in germany

The lords he's bribed?

question is how long till it starts to backfire if it didn't already

If I were LF it's the greedy and corrupt ones i would misstrust. what going to keep them from robbing LF?

and keep another saying in mind war creates strange bedfellows

I think Lf is making the bill without the landlord as we say in germany

question is how long till it starts to backfire if it didn't already

They will not robb Littlefinger because Littlefinger is one scary , dangerous guy . He's completely ruthless and immoral and will kill anybody who gets in his way.

They will not robb Littlefinger because Littlefinger is one scary , dangerous guy . He's completely ruthless and immoral and will kill anybody who gets in his way.

how big is LF army exactly? and how big those of other lords or landed knights?

now tell me who is the one with the big stick?

He can reasonably count on Nestor Royce, Lady Waynwood, Lord Corbray, Lord Grafton, likely the Gulltown Arryns and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

How big was Ned Starks army? what about Jon Arryn and Joffrey? He started the War of Five Kings and killed two Lord Paramounts and a King and stole Sansa Stark right out of Kings Landing and nobody but Varys has a clue about his involvement in any of it . Littlefinger is scary smart and completely ruthless. He is one of the most dangerous men in the Seven Kingdoms and even more so because nobody realizes how dangerous he is. If any of the Vale Lords become to much of a problem how hard would it be for Littlefinger to have them killed? He probably has spies in all the most powerful lords households.

I never said he wasnt a threat. Because he is, but, I understand that at the end if the day LF is not some social revolution as he is working still within the confines of the society and also LF is more of a puppet master than the puppet and if you haven't learned by now really power lies with the everyday man not the priest,kings or rich men did you learn nothing from Varys riddle. LF has learned to play with the shdows of power there is no reason he needs to be front and center.

LF was that everyday man Varys told Tyrion about. Also power and the ablitity to control the game is where LF gets his rocks off. Its the same with CEO and their type its about the chase and LF is a chaser.

Actually in a different thread and such as a I didn't start the series until after dance but I have always known and thought LF is dangerous he holds the money in his hands all of the men in the treasury are his men and he can bring the kingdom to his knees by that alone!

Rising high and still in the service of a!lord or a king is on thing but to be king as a lowborn is quite another and that's where LF fails because there. He will over reach himself as his type always does

What makes you think he's stupid enough to run off and fight a war for no reason?

Well, the story does need to go forward. Unless the plot is that young Harry can't be coaxed into unleashing the Vale and LF and Sansa have to find yet another replacement

Archived