The Fate of the Blackfish

The_Quiet_Wolf

I know there are threads currently out there, but my searches have yeilded naught. If you would like to point me in the right direction, please do so. However, I would like to add a thought that occurred during one of my re-reads.

I have seen theories posted about the supposed whereabouts of the Blackfish after his escape, and after rereading the Jaime chapter where he proposes the idea to Edmure of ending the siege. Jamie brings in a singer, who we find out is none other than the great Tom-o-Sevens. He leaves Edmure alone with Tom and I couldn't help thinking that this is where the idea for setting the Blackfish free comes from.

It seems as though Tom is there to gather info regarding the movements of the Frey's, and he stumbles into the right situation. I believe that when Jaime left, Tom revealed his affiliation with the BWB. Now, Edmure could not simply vanish. This would raise too many questions. But the Blackfish a perfect candidate for the BWB: no wife, no children, Cat is Stoneheart, etc.

Honestly, it could just be irony that Tom-o-Sevens is the one singing the "Rains of Castamere" to Edmure after the whole song about a floppy fish. However, this is too good of a recruitment opportunity for the BWD, especially if Jeyne is with him (I'm not entirely convinced of this, but there is a part of me that wants to believe it.)

• 4 weeks later...

I know there are threads currently out there, but my searches have yeilded naught. If you would like to point me in the right direction, please do so. However, I would like to add a thought that occurred during one of my re-reads.

I have seen theories posted about the supposed whereabouts of the Blackfish after his escape, and after rereading the Jaime chapter where he proposes the idea to Edmure of ending the siege. Jamie brings in a singer, who we find out is none other than the great Tom-o-Sevens. He leaves Edmure alone with Tom and I couldn't help thinking that this is where the idea for setting the Blackfish free comes from.

It seems as though Tom is there to gather info regarding the movements of the Frey's, and he stumbles into the right situation. I believe that when Jaime left, Tom revealed his affiliation with the BWB. Now, Edmure could not simply vanish. This would raise too many questions. But the Blackfish a perfect candidate for the BWB: no wife, no children, Cat is Stoneheart, etc.

Honestly, it could just be irony that Tom-o-Sevens is the one singing the "Rains of Castamere" to Edmure after the whole song about a floppy fish. However, this is too good of a recruitment opportunity for the BWD, especially if Jeyne is with him (I'm not entirely convinced of this, but there is a part of me that wants to believe it.)

That is a good point, when GRRM announces that Jayne will be in TWOW prologue it got me thinking that Bryden will try to rescue Edmure or Jayne. But if Blackfish had the BWB, it wouldn't be enough men to attack the men with Edmure. Something is going to happen in that prologue.

Archived