Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 7 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

Brilliant summary again Seneti!!

We always get at least 1 scene per season of WW, and Hardhome is the only place where I can see them doing it, even though I do have my doubts about WW falling off the cliff and the NK raising them perhaps the person just confused a few things around

oops posted this on the old casting thread:

new pic from a night forest shoot they're doing this week:

https://fbcdn-sphoto...4d3087f71224061

to the right of the blue light is a hanging brown object that looks suspiciously like a noose.... #hopeforstoneheart

That is what I thought too over on WotW. But I totally have confirmation bias when it comes to the whole LSH thing!

I had not known that it was found out that Jaime would be in Dorne all the way until episode nine. What is the source of that information?

I trust this has been remarked on before, but that really makes it unlikely that the Riverlands storyline will be maintained in anything close to the form it has in the books.

I suppose that much of Brienne's narrative in the show for the foreseeable future will be largely invented then. And the possibility that Catelyn will be included at all is even more unlikely now, although I never expected her to make the cut after it became clear from the Entertainment Weekly articles that Benioff and Weiss were never fans of the character post-death.

I had not known that it was found out that Jaime would be in Dorne all the way until episode nine. What is the source of that information?

Various of the set photos for some of the Jaime scenes filmed in Spain indicate that those scenes are for episode 9.

The claperboard of the Jaime / Doran / Areo / Ellaria / Trystane / Myrcella scene stated 509.

I'm quite positive this scene will end with only Doran and Trystane face to face and we'll get the "Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood." speech.

Hmm, where do you see a second? (You'd think there would be two of them...)

Here's a cropped version of the area with the alleged noosiness

http://tinypic.com/r/b87hba/8

In that version of the picture, there is one suspected noose very much in the foreground, look carefully - you might have thought it was a tree but it seems to have a loop at the bottom and is thinner than the trees right beside it. The second is further back, closer to the light, and the loop is more obvious.

I still wonder why they decided to decapitate Jaime's storyline from A Feast for Crows, A Dance With Dragons and, presumably, the beginning stages of The Winds of Winter.

I suppose it could be related to something concerning Jaime's unpublished material but it sure seems to be the case that they simple do not like the Riverlands narrative.

As far as adapting Jaime's material, I think there are three considerations (one of them purely speculative):

1. We have no idea how the show is going to handle Lady Stoneheart, if at all. If she's cut, that basically means a big chunk of the narrative is gone.

2. Jaime's AFFC/ADWD material largely amounts to going around the Riverlands revisiting minor characters who were never introduced, and the notional main setpiece, Riverrun, would leave the characters exactly where they already were post-Season 3.

3. In terms of both conservation of screentime and facilitating the introduction of a new narrative piece, the writers would prefer to merge Jaime and the Dornish plotline.

I trust this has been remarked on before, but that really makes it unlikely that the Riverlands storyline will be maintained in anything close to the form it has in the books.

I suppose that much of Brienne's narrative in the show for the foreseeable future will be largely invented then. And the possibility that Catelyn will be included at all is even more unlikely now, although I never expected her to make the cut after it became clear from the Entertainment Weekly articles that Benioff and Weiss were never fans of the character post-death.

It is known.

As far as adapting Jaime's material, I think there are three considerations . . .

Well, that's the thing, the Riverlands narrative revolves around Catelyn. If they are not bothering to film anything there at all this season, which seems to be the case going off the information we have obtained so far, then she is seemingly out.

It is almost as if Benioff and Weiss did not like that there were loose ends after the Red Wedding. They wanted everything to do with Robb's war eliminated (i.e., Catelyn, Jeyne Westerling, etc.).

I can only speculate that the destruction of the Freys, as adapted for the television show, will occur without context and will be a severely truncated imitation of what happens in the books.

Well, that's the thing, the Riverlands narrative revolves around Catelyn. If they are not bothering to film anything there at all this season, which seems to be the case going off the information we have obtained so far, then she is seemingly out.

It is almost as if Benioff and Weiss did not like that there were loose ends after the Red Wedding. They wanted everything to do with Robb's war eliminated (i.e., Catelyn, Jeyne Westerling, etc.).

I can only speculate that the destruction of the Freys, as adapted for the television show, will occur without context and will be a severely truncated imitation of what happens in the books.

But they did have Blackfish escape the slaughter, and then they made a big point of Bolton warning Frey that it was bad that Blackfish escaped. Frey laughed it off, and Bolton, who had just talked about bad things happening to people that ignore his warnings, shrugged. And they left Edmure alive, and the show left Walder Frey in need of a new wife (opportunity for a big Frey wedding). So the show did leave loose ends.

I think it makes the most sense for the destruction of the Freys to be contained in a season arc. I think they could have moved it forward into season 5, but since there are already too many season 5 plot lines, now I think they are just holding it off for season 6. The Riverlands cast can be re-introduced at the beginning of the season and go through an arc that culminates in Walder Frey's death or something like that.

What is the source of the noose picture though? Until we know where and when it was first posted then we can't really know it was posted this week or that it's even from GoT, can we?

This should show the image on the profile. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154915332700010

But the original poster must not have shared with everyone so we can't determine the account. I'd take it as fake until someone can verify the account.

But they did have Blackfish escape the slaughter, and then they made a big point of Bolton warning Frey that it was bad that Blackfish escaped . . .

I have noted that as well and consider it a pretty big tip-off about his future importance. That said, them having removed Catelyn from the equation I think lessens the impact of the whole plotline.

We also have to consider that even if they do reintroduce this part of the story, it will have been three years before they get to it again. That is, in the best terms, less than ideal.

I wonder whether casual viewers who have not read the books even know who the Blackfish is.

Archived