Elia/Rhaegar/Lyanna vs. Arianne/Aegon/Elia

Mithras

Assumption: Aegon and Arianne will marry.

This was briefly mentioned here and there. The idea is that there is a significant parallel developing between the triplets in the title.

Rhaegar was married to a Dornish princess and then he left her for a tomboyish girl who was fond of riding. Aegon will soon marry a Dornish princess and she has a tomboyish cousin who is fond of riding (and boyz!). Lyanna won some jousts as the KotLT. Elia Sand is called Lady Lance and she is fond of jousting.

There is already some significant tension building up between Arianne and Elia as seen from sample TWoW chapter. We also have an ominous foreshadowing of death for Elia Sand from Arianne II chapter.

“Are you certain you are not off to some other bed, some other woman? Tell me who she is. I will fight her for you, bare-breasted, knife to knife.” She smiled. “Unless she is a Sand Snake. If so, we can share you. I love my cousins well.”

I have a strong suspicion that above bolded part will be some of the things Arianne will rue saying so.

I think fAegon will fall in love with Elia Sand and Arianne will get her killed.

That quote used to foreshadow Elia's death does not foreshadow her death at all.. "Unless she is a Sand Snake", Arianne says.. any other woman, she will fight, but not her cousins... And Elia is a Sand Snake.

Actually, the quote forehadowing her death is in Arianne II of TWoW.

The quote above is one of those quotes which will never happen. Theon had lots of them in ACoK. For example he was musing about taking the black and rising to LC.

And Arianne is seriously fighting with Elia in TWoW chapters.

Actually, the quote forehadowing her death is in Arianne II of TWoW.

The quote above is one of those quotes which will never happen. Theon had lots of them in ACoK. For example he was musing about taking the black and rising to LC.

And Arianne is seriously fighting with Elia in TWoW chapters.

Which one is that?

Do remember that the summaries of Arianne II aren't detailed (unfortunately), and that they are still subject to change..

Which one is that?

She's in a cave, fishing, and away from their party. Arianne finds her and says something like "why are you here, you could have die", and the "die" echoes.

I don't think she will die at all, but I agree Aegon will like her more than Arianne. I dont' think Arianne will be into Aegon that much either. Maybe for political reasons (which in theory, he does not need if they actually believe he's Elia's son) she might try a marriage, but Aegon is not her type at all.

She's in a cave, fishing, and away from their party. Arianne finds her and says something like "why are you here, you could have die", and the "die" echoes.

I don't think she will die at all, but I agree Aegon will like her more than Arianne. I dont' think Arianne will be into Aegon that much either. Maybe for political reasons (which in theory, he does not need if they actually believe he's Elia's son) she might try a marriage, but Aegon is not her type at all.

Agreed...

I doubt it, he is a horny teenager and Arianne is hotter then sin, and her weakness is described as handsome men, and she has habit of ignoring guys shit when they look Valyrian.

I have a different read on the situation. I suspect that Elia Sand will end up impulsively marrying Aegon and see the parallels with Lyanna Stark as quite intentional. But I do not think Arianne will be joining her. I believe she has actually learned her lesson and has become her father's daughter.

The problem will be that Elia, along with her fellow Sand Snakes, will wreck havoc and force Doran and/or Arianne to back Aegon, which will be to their ultimate detriment. That will be Arianne's final lesson. Having to suffer the consequences of someone else's impulsive actions for once.

The way I see it playing out is Tyene conniving to have Margaery convicted after infiltrating the Faith, Nymeria assassinating Tommen and presenting his body in Martell cloaks to Aegon, and Elia marrying the 'Targaryen' price just as news starts filtering in that Quentyn has perished in Meereen. At that point, Doran will have no choice.

I doubt it, he is a horny teenager and Arianne is hotter then sin, and her weakness is described as handsome men, and she has habit of ignoring guys shit when they look Valyrian.

Arianne has grown a lot in between The Princess and the Tower, and The Watcher,... So no, looking Valyrian isn't enough,.. Sure, she'll probably comment on that he looks good, she's allowed to think such things..

But will she act on them..? Probably not as fast as you seem to think..

I myself first thought Arianne might be the one to marry Aegon but I think differently now. Martin has already told that story. I believe he is now going to invert the scenario, with Arianne assuming the role of her father and the Sand Snakes assuming the role of their father.

I think Doran and her will be cautious about backing Aegon and suspect that something is not kosher, but their choice will be taken out of their hands.

Doran took the fateful step of setting the Sand Snakes loose and he is going to pay dearly for it.

He could have sex with her, but not marrying her.

I think Arianne has learned her lesson about trusting pretty boys: remember she's there to see if they are real. Also, it's not that Arianne likes "pretty boys". She likes pretty boys that are hard to get because she likes to seduce and play the game. Aegon is going to be like a puppy for her, where is the fun in that?

Aegon, otoh, is growing more independent every day (which is not a bad thing, btw) and at the end of Dance, Jon was about to snap. Jon wants him married to Dany, but that won't happen. The next best thing is Arianne, which I think it's too easy for them. Their plans need to start collapsing a bit at some point.

Besides, Elia is also horny. Very.

I think a great many readers do not not appreciate the last Dornish chapter in A Dance With Dragons in which Arianne took the side of her father against her cousins and what that meant. Previously, it would have been the other way around.

The old Arianne would not have even questioned Aegon's legitimacy or her examination of the issue would have been cursory at best. I do not see history repeating itself here. Arianne knows the foolishness of jumping into the fire now.

He could have sex with her, but not marrying her.

I think Arianne has learned her lesson about trusting pretty boys: remember she's there to see if they are real. Also, it's not that Arianne likes "pretty boys". She likes pretty boys that are hard to get because she likes to seduce and play the game. Aegon is going to be like a puppy for her, where is the fun in that?

Aegon, otoh, is growing more independent every day (which is not a bad thing, btw) and at the end of Dance, Jon was about to snap. Jon wants him married to Dany, but that won't happen. The next best thing is Arianne, which I think it's too easy for them. Their plans need to start collapsing a bit at some point.

Besides, Elia is also horny. Very.

She seems to learn, but she has no reason not to, her brother was killed and Aegon is Dorne's best chance. She liked darkstar, a character who was pretty much just a asshole, and Arys, a common sort of man who basically was your average knight.

Or it could work prefectly and actually gives the guy a chance. Elia is a little girl. Aegon isn't Rhaegar who seemingly threw his hot dornish wife away for a tomboy.

Elia is still a little girl who as i remember from the winds bit, is not even a maid.

Arianne has grown a lot in between The Princess and the Tower, and The Watcher,... So no, looking Valyrian isn't enough,.. Sure, she'll probably comment on that he looks good, she's allowed to think such things..

But will she act on them..? Probably not as fast as you seem to think..

I have no idea what you think i am thinking, but Arianne has no reason to not marry Aegon, the Dany bridge is burnt to the crispy with Quentyn and Aegon is their best shot, why she would not see how him being a good match is beyond me at this point. I still don't see why Aegon would pick Elia or over her at all, again, as i stated in another thread, she is but a little girl.

She seems to learn, but she has no reason not to, her brother was killed and Aegon is Dorne's best chance. She liked darkstar, a character who was pretty much just a asshole, and Arys, a common sort of man who basically was your average knight.

Or it could work prefectly and actually gives the guy a chance. Elia is a little girl. Aegon isn't Rhaegar who seemingly threw his hot dornish wife away for a tomboy.

Elia is still a little girl who as i remember from the winds bit, is not even a maid.

Elia is 14, the same age Arianne had sex for the first time. Lyanna was 15 when Rhaegar had sex with her.

Also, remember Aegon and Duck's relationship. He trusts him because he's loyal and valuable, not because he's a noble knight. Elia could be the same.

Elia is 14, the same age Arianne had sex for the first time. Lyanna was 15 when Rhaegar had sex with her.

Also, remember Aegon and Duck's relationship. He trusts him because he's loyal and valuable, not because he's a noble knight. Elia could be the same.

And if I remember correctly still a maid.

He trust him becuase he spent years being his BFF and proved his loyalty, I don't think Aegon would have sex would have female Duck.

I have a different read on the situation. I suspect that Elia Sand will end up impulsively marrying Aegon and see the parallels with Lyanna Stark as quite intentional. But I do not think Arianne will be joining her. I believe she has actually learned her lesson and has become her father's daughter.

The problem will be that Elia, along with her fellow Sand Snakes, will wreck havoc and force Doran and/or Arianne to back Aegon, which will be to their ultimate detriment. That will be Arianne's final lesson. Having to suffer the consequences of someone else's impulsive actions for once.

The way I see it playing out is Tyene conniving to have Margaery convicted after infiltrating the Faith, Nymeria assassinating Tommen and presenting his body in Martell cloaks to Aegon, and Elia marrying the 'Targaryen' price just as news starts filtering in that Quentyn has perished in Meereen. At that point, Doran will have no choice.

Sorry but I don't see fAegon marrying a bastard. In addition, Arianne has a strong ambition to be the queen. Daemon Sand saw that plain enough for us readers although Arianne was not brave enough to speak that loudly in her POV.

Archived