Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

Great game, but the main flaws have already been mentioned. One thing I don't understand is why

your choice NOT to send Malcolm does not yield a different result, and he's not even there to yell ETHAN!!!!!!!!!! like Royland/Duncan

Great game, but the main flaws have already been mentioned. One thing I don't understand is why

your choice NOT to send Malcolm does not yield a different result, and he's not even there to yell ETHAN!!!!!!!!!! like Royland/Duncan

I think that

the difference is that, if you send him, he won't know that Ethan is dead and thus won't be able to tell Asher. Choices in Telltale Games do not influence the story but rather the dialogues and the interactions between the characters.

can someone help me, I am on the playstation store on my ps3 and I cant find the download for the first episode

It will be available for PS3 on December 9th.

I thought the game was really great, the ending was ridiculous. It sucks we have to wait a month or two for the rest. I'm definitely going to play the first episode again a few more times and make different choices.

I thought the writers did a great job with Cersei and Ramsay. I was nervous talking to Cersei as Mira haha.

Yeah, haven't played it yet, don't have the time until Christmas, but as far as I've heard, no matter what you play, the ending is more or less the same. It might be different down the road, but in episode 1 they don't count.

Okay I asked GRRM about this and he responded, though what I expected:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/393308.html?thread=19790172#t19790172

GRRM: All I really control is what is "book canon" (the novels and the Dunk & Egg stories and the worldbook). It's up to HBO and David & Dan to determine what is "TV canon."

The Telltale guys worked with Ty Franck, who was my right hand here for half a decade.

Really dig the game. I can already tell Asher will be my favorite character and the main vengeance bringer...which probably means he'll die or something but still. I'm looking forward to him and the wall most.

Maybe we'll get some kind of hints at characters that have been cut from the show (at least for now)

For example, Strong Belwas wasn't needed in the show since Barristan bypassed the cheesemonger and went straight to Dany. Maybe Malcolm and Asher run into him.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/Review_of_Game_of_Thrones_Episode_1

Per a user on our forum, Martin replied concerning the canonicity of the game:

“All I really control is what is “book canon” (the novels and the Dunk & Egg stories and the worldbook). It’s up to HBO and David & Dan to determine what is “TV canon.”

The Telltale guys worked with Ty Franck, who was my right hand here for half a decade.”

Oh cool, that found its way into the review. I feel so useful :)

As a medieval History grad, yeah...about the non-contiguous landholding of a "Bolton vassal" in the Wolfswood: in real-life, land was hardly ever contiguous. You bought up land whenever some lord happened to die or needed to sell off land - so you really had haphazard patchworks in real life, not neatly ordered lines (they did TRY to buy land in a single area if they could, I suppose, but if it was cheap you bought it....Monopoly analogy: do you wait to buy up all of the orange tiles bordering in a row? Or do you snatch up Baltic Ave at the other end of the board, because it happens to be on sale and you can afford it?) Military strategy also took some consideration (why would you guy up land far away and on a hostile border, which you had no hope of defending?)

....but I wasn't sure if Westeros officially acknowledged that land-purchasing was messy like this, with non-contiguous holdings. Forgot about the example of the Coldwaters and the Royces. So that's good.

The Wikia people made up a "Fannotation" trailer for the game, using trivia/notes I supplied. Might you want to embed it into your review?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Knakveey/Game_of_Thrones_Telltale_Game_Fannotation_Trailer

(they had to cut my notes to size: I said "each of the Seven Kingdoms is ruled by a Great House like the Starks or Lannisters", "each of the Great Houses is served by about a dozen major Houses such as the Umbers or Glovers", and then "each of the major Houses also has a couple of minor Houses as vassals - so there are several hundred minor Houses that are not described in detail in the books" --- they had to cut that down to size and take the middle part out. Worried it sounds like a two-tier instead of three-tier system. Still the general point is accurate: there ARE "several hundred minor Houses" on the level of House Cassel, but few have been described in detail.

Is anyone having issues with the game? I bought it on the xBox one and played it for about 15 minutes. Everytime I've tried to play it since then the game freezes and says "Connecting to Servers." I checked the TellTale website and other people are having the same issues. Looking for answers. Thanks!

Game spoilers ahead:

What the fuck was that ending man. It's so freaking depressing. Ramsay is one fucking asshole and Lord Whitehill man. Ethan is dead, Ryon is a hostage of the Whitehills, Talia and Lady Forrester are alright for the moment. Mira and Asher are the only legitimate hope of House Forrester. Gared is at the Wall to be hopefully useful to the Night's Watch

My prediction: Ryon or Asher is going to kill Lord Whitehill.

Yeah, that ending :bawl: :crying:

Anyways, I know this is only the first episode of the first season, but I really can't wait for next year/season to

join Stannis' army to kill some Whitehill scum, and bath in Bolton's blood (of course this is only if the show and game follow the books next season, House Forrester following Stannis is canon in the books). I do wonder if Gared ending for this season will be "Stannis, Stannis, Stannis!!"

I dont like the fact my choices do nothing to sway the game in any way. It's gonna do what it wants to do, just perhaps in a slightly different manner depending on what you say or choose.

That doesnt give much replay value at all.

Well, supposedly the choice you made that were depicted in the end card will carry over into the next game and lead to different paths from there. But, yes, in itself, the first game is just like the show and the books, the journey will be different in parts, but you will arrive at the same destination eventually.

Archived