Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

Loved the game. I'm a huge fan of Telltale's work (I highly recommend their Walking Dead series and their Tales of Monkey Island re-imagining for anyone who is interested).

The choices I made so far don't seem to hold much weight with the story... yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if Telltale surprises us with something in a later episode that could cause a much larger cause-and-effect feel.

Got round to playing it

Enjoyable

hehe was a little nervous talking to Cersei and Ramsay. All well constructed dialogue and options etc, at first the time limit was annoying but it actually makes it more enjoyable when you are pressured to think quickly

One last thing, it's a small thing but love the casual swearing, normally everything is watered down in society because of "think of the children" type thing (especially fantasy) but good that we can get the sort of show and accompanying games that explore the genre a little different. For my part I think what makes it work is that it is predominantly political intrigue set in a Fantasy universe (presumably until late in the piece)

I saw February somewhere but I can't recall where.

That's just a guess some people have made based on how badly Telltale has been behind their schedule with previous games. Tetalle themselves have said the episodes would come out in 5-6 weeks after the previous one so if what they say is correct it'd be a bit after mid-January.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this is the other thread, but here's some news about the last playable character:

The Fifth Playable Character is Rodrik Forrester...who was believed to have died at the Red Wedding.

I accidentally hit the wrong button twice while playing, and said something I definitely did not mean. That was frustrating as the only way I think

I can change it is to go through the whole episode again.

I don't know what version you were playing, but the PC version comes with a save feature in the pause menu. Use it often.

I accidentally hit the wrong button twice while playing, and said something I definitely did not mean. That was frustrating as the only way I think

I can change it is to go through the whole episode again.

It changes nothing anyway. I kinda was hoping my actions and words would lead to different conclusions and paths.

Guys, this is a six episode series. There obviously won't be 7000 different endings for every different choice you make, but seriously, remember that we haven't come close to the end of this yet. You'll see the butterfly effect by the finale, I promise.

It doesn't matter if it leads you to multiple endings or not. Having played all their latest choice and consequence games, the feeling of dread you get before choosing is always there, no matter the choice, which is amazing in itself.

Archived