Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

Good episode, best one I've seen yet

lol, shit myself at the end when Ramsay was there

Makes sense though, as the arc of re-ascendancy has to go back through Ramsay killing the younger brother, so obviously Rodirk has to face him and live

Which he should do, the meeting seems to be about getting the Forresters to increase Ironwood productivity which he'll need Rodrik in charge to achieve; Would say that whether you accepted Ludds deal or not (I proposed an alliance to be diplomatic to the Whitehill daughter) the Boltons will start applying pressure to both Whitehills and Forresters

Good episode, best one I've seen yet

lol, shit myself at the end when Ramsay was there

Makes sense though, as the arc of re-ascendancy has to go back through Ramsay killing the younger brother, so obviously Rodirk has to face him and live

Which he should do, the meeting seems to be about getting the Forresters to increase Ironwood productivity which he'll need Rodrik in charge to achieve; Would say that whether you accepted Ludds deal or not (I proposed an alliance to be diplomatic to the Whitehill daughter) the Boltons will start applying pressure to both Whitehills and Forresters

What's BS is if Ramsay hurt Elena or Arthur we already know there wont be retribution.

The best we can hope for is killing Ludd and Gryff Whitehill in the end.

I hate cliffhangers.

What's BS is if Ramsay hurt Elena or Arthur we already know there wont be retribution.

The best we can hope for is killing Ludd and Gryff Whitehill in the end.

I hate cliffhangers.

He hasn't hurt Arthur, I brought him with me after I did a bit of a rewind and I swapped Ser Royland for Duncan, so mixed force with a soft diplomatic side

As for Eleana, depending on whether there was the Margaery letter or not, if there was then if Boltons meddle in a Crown order while Tywin is still alive that will be going against the Lannister/Tyrell crown in KL, not having the letter doesen't influence the story

I don't think Ramsay has hurt anyone, I reckon most people merely fled

It seems choices only influence dialogue, if we look at the daughter who had a fling with Asher, there is a bit of a reconciliation peace arc hovering in the background, so I reckon it is a bit of a case that despite all of the animosity both Houses will end up having to band together against joint persecution by the Boltons. I suspect Ramsay may kill Ludd Whitehill actually for not making weapons to fight Stannis wtih

It will be cool if we can join in with Stannis's army later...though not sure the show is going to go with Northerners latching onto Stannis's army

lol at the little hunting pack of Ygrittes

Choices IMO will only matter perhaps in the last Episode

As I've said, the arc had bottomed out in E2 when Rodrik is found alive, but is slowly re-ascending which we saw in this episode in particular, which means re-visiting Ramsay killing Ethan through Rodrik meeting up with Ramsay. Ramsay will threaten but won't kille Rodrik because they need the Forrester compliance to make the weapons at a faster rate to fend off Stannis, unlike trying to undermine them by killing Ethan, the Forresters need to be co-ordinated and organised to get the best out of the craftsmen so Ramsay can't kill Rodrik and expect faster production of Ironwood weapons

• 1 month later...

Am enjoying a few run-throughs while I wait for the next episode

Eg enjoying the arc of stealing Marges Seal and see what happens if I force Glenmores into marriage etc, plus trying the version where I keep standing up to annoy Gryff

Long term though, I didn't take much notice at first but at the Red Wedding I noticed when you first get attacked and are making your way back to Lord Forrester there are Whitehill banners around, meaning they were as caught up as anyone else in that

Got me thinking, I reckon both Houses will end up getting brought down/besieged and end up having to align, eg the Boltons will turn on the Whitehills for the crap Ironwood products they are making and the fact Lord Whitehill took over the Forrester half will be an excuse. The whole Gwyn/Asher thing is part of a peace arc

I remember also what Lady Forrester said about her family being being Targ loyalists. I suspect she was originally a Southron from House Darry and would be the spy who is passing info on to prevent Ryon getting hurt. Is nice though, her arc will tie in with "little bird" Coal boy being aligned with Varys

An interesting question though is if they are going to go by book canon or show canon, eg do a thing where they attack Deepwood Motte, or Ashers and Andros sellswords attach themselves to Stannis's camp

Either way Episode 1 won't be conclusive, which hopefully means they make a few of these. Decisions only mean a little variation because they are busy making other games it seems but I've quite enjoyed this game, it's smallish but been well-made

I love this game, it is really well done and very atmospheric. So far I enjoy Mira's storyline the most and Asher's the least. Mira's arc is actually the one that get's my adrenaline pumping; the danger in King's Landing is hidden and veiled and thus scarier, you constantly feel you are with your bakc to the walla dn you know you've fucked up if something you say causes Cersei to smirk...

Asher meanwhile is just a run of the mill cocky rouge, Beskha's armor looks a bit too Skyrim for my taste and I really don't give that much of a damn about Essos.

On that note: Ramsay managed to scare me with the look in his eyes alone, Cersei managed to scare me with her smile and her frantic way of questioning, Margaery managed to scare me once she got pissed at my character.....

...and Daenerys with her haughty attitude and dragon? Nothing. No awe, no intimidation, nothing. Not sure if that's because of Daenerys or because of Emelia Clarke.

Also wanted to know if people play the characters as they think how the characters would act in the situation or as they would think they would act in that situation themselves?

I tried as much as possible to play the characters the way I see them, which included choices I personally didn't agree with.

I really hope

the Glenmores are save; I left Arthur at Ironrath along with Eleana and Ramsay is never good news.

I really hope it's like that season cliffhanger with Sam and the White Walkers where a scene is made to look especially grim and hopeless because so that people would come back for more but the implications of which will be largely ignored.

I remember also what Lady Forrester said about her family being being Targ loyalists. I suspect she was originally a Southron from House Darry and would be the spy who is passing info on to prevent Ryon getting hurt. Is nice though, her arc will tie in with "little bird" Coal boy being aligned with Varys

She was a Southron from House Branfield, which seems to have been eradicated except for her and her brother who is now in service of the Forresters.

I love this game, it is really well done and very atmospheric. So far I enjoy Mira's storyline the most and Asher's the least. Mira's arc is actually the one that get's my adrenaline pumping; the danger in King's Landing is hidden and veiled and thus scarier, you constantly feel you are with your bakc to the walla dn you know you've fucked up if something you say causes Cersei to smirk...

Asher meanwhile is just a run of the mill cocky rouge, Beskha's armor looks a bit too Skyrim for my taste and I really don't give that much of a damn about Essos.

On that note: Ramsay managed to scare me with the look in his eyes alone, Cersei managed to scare me with her smile and her frantic way of questioning, Margaery managed to scare me once she got pissed at my character.....

...and Daenerys with her haughty attitude and dragon? Nothing. No awe, no intimidation, nothing. Not sure if that's because of Daenerys or because of Emelia Clarke.

Also wanted to know if people play the characters as they think how the characters would act in the situation or as they would think they would act in that situation themselves?

I tried as much as possible to play the characters the way I see them, which included choices I personally didn't agree with.

I really hope

the Glenmores are save; I left Arthur at Ironrath along with Eleana and Ramsay is never good news.

I really hope it's like that season cliffhanger with Sam and the White Walkers where a scene is made to look especially grim and hopeless because so that people would come back for more but the implications of which will be largely ignored.

She was a Southron from House Branfield, which seems to have been eradicated except for her and her brother who is now in service of the Forresters.

Thanks for clarifying, haven't gone through the Codex

Pretty sure the Glenmores will be fine, in my first run-through I took them with me, in an alternate game I left them there, came back to see an arrow in the wall with blood there but there can't be too much variation given it's a small game. That's what I tell myself anyway...

I am a tad concerned for Eleana though. They all probably fled when they heard he was coming

Agree, a great game for filling in the post-season wait....I am enjoying Mira's storyline, trying to figure out who is a puppet of who. Ashers is a bit corny.

Have to say I personally enjoy Rodriks arc the most though, he is pretty much a microcosm of the state of the House, loved seeing him take Gryff down. After Rodrik I enjoy Gared Tuttles arc - the banter between Cotter and Finn is hilarious at times "whose this Snowball?!?!"

Just waiting for the next one...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I read it, and already bragged to a friend that I'll get it a whole day before him (he plays it on XBox, which will only get it on the 22nd) 

I won't watch the trailer though, I'm afraid that it could contain spoilers. 

Finally! Finally!

Man, i really hope they'll do a "Season 2" I love this game, but the rest of their material doesn't interest me.

Yeah I read it, and already bragged to a friend that I'll get it a whole day before him (he plays it on XBox, which will only get it on the 22nd) 

I won't watch the trailer though, I'm afraid that it could contain spoilers. 

Finally! Finally!

Man, i really hope they'll do a "Season 2" I love this game, but the rest of their material doesn't interest me.

Yeah I reckon they will do future editions, some of the plotlines are allowing for theories

Eg if there is some kind of BwB rescue of RW prisoners, then Norren and his squire (if you kept him alive) as the front of many other Forrester prisoners can be freed as well, and then the Forrester Army returns as part of some re-ascension arc

Plus I didn't initially realise "Uncle Malcolm" was Lady Forresters brother (not Lord Forrester), as they are the only two survivors of Targ loyalist Branfields he is a big character in his own as he is technically Lord Branfield and so should be more than mere backup for Asher.

Point is I suspect Asher arc really relates to opening the South of Westeros up, in book terms as part of Aegons invasion but in terms of the show perhaps as part of whatever happens with Dorne and the Reach.

Personally I'm hoping that despite having a lot of projects on their plate Telltale are able to turn future editions into full games (I'd pay a higher price), I think they are great and have a lot of potential. 

What do you mean with "full games?" Isn't this episodic character just the way Telltale releases its products?

Or do you mean stats and levels and stuff, oh please not that, I play this for the story and don't want obstacles like that implemented....

What do you mean with "full games?" Isn't this episodic character just the way Telltale releases its products?

Or do you mean stats and levels and stuff, oh please not that, I play this for the story and don't want obstacles like that implemented....

Nah just larger, this was only really a $30 US games whereas most major games are often released at about $60 US I think it is (usually $100 AUD in these parts but this was $45ish) which reflects the production costs and time put into it (they seem to be juggling a lot of projects so understandable)

So by full game I mean one I'd happily pay full price for (well for my part anyway) but then keep it precisely the same but have it where the choices make more of a difference and the plot arc can twist around more. They would still have to have it go through the same plot points ultimately though

TL;DR Keep it precisely the same but with more depth

Oh man, [spoiler] Arthur is dead :bawl: I guess he was just too awesome and sexy to live... does he survive if you take the Glenmores along? Who dies in his stead if so? Eleana?[/spoiler]

I wasn't really able to lie to Tyrion....something about these situations with Mira always makes me break down and tell the truth...as bad as that is. 

I'm glad the Essos storyline is over, hate Meereen...

Well there is at last one choice that will majorly impact the final episode...[spoiler] I chose Rodrick btw, because I find Asher boring, but still felt absolutely terrible about it. What did other people choose? We can talk in code "Red" for Rodrick, "Blue" for Asher. [/spoiler]

Tyrion: "..A true girl of the North" [pause] "Some things are worth dying for". Loved this.

WW attack: In hindsight, I should have left Finn at Castle Black. Kudos to the 1% who did that in previous episodes.

I'm worried about that Blacksong or whatever his name is. Should have killed him, and should have maimed Gryff.

[spoiler]Was Royland the traitor by default, or whoever you did not choose to be sentinel?

Since my only strength is the Essosi whom only Asher can deal with, I chose Rodrik to die. It was an amazing death, though.[/spoiler]

Oh man, [spoiler] Arthur is dead :bawl: I guess he was just too awesome and sexy to live... does he survive if you take the Glenmores along? Who dies in his stead if so? Eleana?[/spoiler]

I wasn't really able to lie to Tyrion....something about these situations with Mira always makes me break down and tell the truth...as bad as that is.

I think no matter if you take Glenmores to Whitehills or not, Ramsay can kill [spoiler] Arthur. They capture Arthur during the time Ramsay is talking to Rodrik, see. [/spoiler]. But if anyone got different results, I'd like to know.
If you lie to Tyrion, he'll tell you he intends to call Shagga, Timmett and Tyrion's old septa. LOL

[spoiler]Was Royland the traitor by default, or whoever you did not choose to be sentinel?

Since my only strength is the Essosi whom only Asher can deal with, I chose Rodrik to die. It was an amazing death, though.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Apparently the traitor is whoever you didn't choose as sentinel, as odd as that is, considering Duncan's involvement in the Northgrove storyline. My traitor was Royland as well [/spoiler]

As to the choice...

[spoiler] both have to be viable, otherwise people who chose "wrong" wouldn't get much fun out of ep. 6 When Asher dies he asks Beskha to protect his family, so I suppose in my game Beskha will command the pitfighters. [/spoiler]

As to the choice...

both have to be viable, otherwise people who chose "wrong" wouldn't get much fun out of ep. 6

I agree. I hope there was no wrong or right choice with that one, because Asher has been away from the North for a long time, and there is the flimsy alliance with the Glenmores to think about. Between Northerners and Pitfighters, I'd choose Northerners, but with Ramsay's plot-armor, I can't trust Northerners either. I was tired of making decisions for Rodrik, so I chose Asher since he was easier.

I was hoping that by the time the game ends, Stannis would have thrashed Boltons and taken Winterfell..now I see no hope for Forresters. Will there be more seasons, I wonder which shows Dany's return to Westeros with Malcolm.

Between Northerners and Pitfighters, I'd choose Northerners, but with Ramsay's plot-armor, I can't trust Northerners either. I was tired of making decisions for Rodrik, so I chose Asher since he was easier.

Still rather the Northerners than the Skyrim/DnD characters that populated Asher's storyline, as far as I'm concerned. I don' mind Beskha as much (though her armour does look kinda Skyrim for Planetos) but "the Beast' and "Bloodsong" :rolleyes: yeah....no. THough I suppose it could be worse, they could be speaking of themselves in the Third Person.

Also personally I just got more attached to Rodrick overcoming his injuries and trying to do the best for his House than Asher prancing around Essos.

With that choice they gave us I'm slightly worried there won't be any more seasons. Assuming House Forrester stays as main characters, how are they gonna program the second season if people have different characters alive by the end of this one?

The way I see it this will mean:

1) The dead guy will turn out to be alive some-when during next episode

2) The survivor will die as well

3) We'll focus on other characters, with the surviving lord only making a generic cameo appearance.

The Malcolm thing does suggest they're intending to at least leave open the possibility of another season.

[spoiler]Is it really the case that Duncan could be the traitor if you selected Royland as Sentinel? It feels quite dodgy, given the North Grove story. ETA: So it is. Gosh.

As to who died, I chose Rodrik to stay behind. After all the attempts to compromise and get his family out of it, it felt more in character for him to make the sacrifice. Quite movingly handled, I thought.

Did anyone choose to execute the traitor before he revealed the trap awaiting Asher? Properly speaking, they would have had to make it so Asher died, but obviously I'm sure they had a handy manipulation to make sure Rodrik was there... ETA: And sure, they just leap to the conclusion that Asher's going to be ambushed.[/spoiler]

Archived