Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

Oh wow heartbreaking stuff

Great Episode

[spoiler]

Sad for Arthur

In my case I chose Asher to stay behind, is the type of thing the exiled second son would do. Gwen will be devestated though and not just Beskha, other side of that coin is that Elaena would be if Rodrik is chosen to stay behind

Here's hoping we get to at least kill Gryff next episode which is suspect will happen as a matter of balance, possibly Ludd Whitehill too

[/spoiler]

And here I was thinking Lady Forrester was the spy when it was Ser Royland (aka the non-sentinel)

Loved Asher pit-fighting

Seems I was half right, there's more to come from Malcolm

Also personally I just got more attached to Rodrick overcoming his injuries and trying to do the best for his House than Asher prancing around Essos.

Pretty much my perspective, he's such a great microcosm for the House generally, totally love the bit where he chucks the Cane into the Fire

BTW, in this playthrough, you see Rodrik and Eleana Glenmore sharing a bed, and there is an awkward moment when Talia comes to talk to Rodrik about the traitor. But this did not happen in my game, but Talia did look very embarassed just to see her brother shirtless, and I thought it weird at that time.

Anyone else who did not see that scene? I want to know if it is related to the marriage pact choice that we make in previous episodes, or is it some censoring in my Steam account.

Did not like the logic of two people holding the gate when the Beast could not. The death scene was great, though.

So far, the most exciting storyline has been the one I expected to be the dullest: Mira in KL. No combats, no immediate threats to life, but her choices are the most difficult to make. Anyone who calls Sansa a foolish coward for what she did in King's Landing should play this game and they will know better.

Also personally I just got more attached to Rodrick overcoming his injuries and trying to do the best for his House than Asher prancing around Essos.

Actually, one could argue that Asher is the right one to save, since you could argue that Rodrik was able to build up the house to a position of relative strength, to make way for Asher to be the one to lead the house to victory.

Actually, one could argue that Asher is the right one to save, since you could argue that Rodrik was able to build up the house to a position of relative strength, to make way for Asher to be the one to lead the house to victory.

You could argue either way, that's the point. There is no "right" choice. It boils down if you'd rather spend the last episode with the stoic Northener  or the smirking RPG cliche.

Still rather the Northerners than the Skyrim/DnD characters that populated Asher's storyline, as far as I'm concerned. I don' mind Beskha as much (though her armour does look kinda Skyrim for Planetos) but "the Beast' and "Bloodsong" :rolleyes: yeah....no. THough I suppose it could be worse, they could be speaking of themselves in the Third Person.

With that choice they gave us I'm slightly worried there won't be any more seasons. Assuming House Forrester stays as main characters, how are they gonna program the second season if people have different characters alive by the end of this one?

The way I see it this will mean:

1) The dead guy will turn out to be alive some-when during next episode

2) The survivor will die as well

3) We'll focus on other characters, with the surviving lord only making a generic cameo appearance.

A second season certainly doesn't seem hopefull for Asher/Rodrick depending on who you chose.  Telltale would have to cast two people to read the same role based on how you played the previous season.  That tells me neither Asher or Rodrick are going to survive the whole season.  That or a second season would have nothing to do with house Forrester.

A second season certainly doesn't seem hopefull for Asher/Rodrick depending on who you chose.  Telltale would have to cast two people to read the same role based on how you played the previous season.  That tells me neither Asher or Rodrick are going to survive the whole season.  That or a second season would have nothing to do with house Forrester.

It could still work if most/all of the action takes place away from Ironrath. Of the POV characters from this episode, this would already work very well with Gared and Mira who could easily stay beyond the Wall and in King's Landing for season 2. Malcolm could become our new POV in Essos.

Beskha might leave again and could become a POV, Talia might be sent somewhere.

Alternatively they send Rodrick/Asher off to support Stannis? It doesn't really make much sense for this incarnation of the Forresters, but I guess it is not a complete impossibility.

Rodrick/Asher would only have to appear in a few select scenes if they go one of those routes.

I hope that is the case. I'm done with bloody Forresters. They keep going from bad to worse, and Ramsay's plot armor is the main reason for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that is the case. I'm done with bloody Forresters. They keep going from bad to worse, and Ramsay's plot armor is the main reason for that.

Nar I love them for my part

Ramsay saying he doesen't care and washing his hands is basically him exiting the game the ledger being balanced between Forresters and Whitehill

On the other side, I expect Malcolm Branfields storyline to expand substantially

Yeah if it branches out we have the butterfly effect regarding Rodrik/Asher which makes making future games trickier. Unless their budget is much higher which can cater for it

First episode I really enjoyed and left me wanting more. Tremendous story telling. 

[spoiler] I felt like I had to let Rodrick die. He's a "cripple" as theyve shoved down our throats, despite throwing his cane into the fire, which was a pretty cool moment. To have Asher return home just to die when he could rally the family/sell swords he brought from Mereen to avenge his family would seem like a huge waste. Great job capturing the heartache we feel for this family by Telltale, as GRRM has done in the books with the Starks. Sometimes the similarities annoyed me but this emotional example really impressed me. [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

First episode I really enjoyed and left me wanting more. Tremendous story telling. 

[spoiler] I felt like I had to let Rodrick die. He's a "cripple" as theyve shoved down our throats, despite throwing his cane into the fire, which was a pretty cool moment. To have Asher return home just to die when he could rally the family/sell swords he brought from Mereen to avenge his family would seem like a huge waste. Great job capturing the heartache we feel for this family by Telltale, as GRRM has done in the books with the Starks. Sometimes the similarities annoyed me but this emotional example really impressed me. [/spoiler]

Yea, it's a pain in the ass that [spoiler] Asher dies after setting foot on Westerosi soil for 5 minutes... fuck.[/spoiler] at least Rodrick does have a semi promising relationship with the Glenmores & I'd like to hope Lord Glenmore would really go on offense & help out when he finds out what happened.

Yea, it's a pain in the ass that [spoiler] Asher dies after setting foot on Westerosi soil for 5 minutes... fuck.[/spoiler] at least Rodrick does have a semi promising relationship with the Glenmores & I'd like to hope Lord Glenmore would really go on offense & help out when he finds out what happened.

I hear ya. I looked at it as Rodrick being the older brother had to take one for the team essentially. [spoiler]And in a weird way, making a lot of choices so far with him and second guessing myself made me really feel like it was "him" who got "us" in this mess, thus it was easier for me to make him be a martyr and sacrifice himself. [/spoiler]

How many people will be sooo pissed if whomever you left behind (Asher for me) turns up alive and with nothing worse than bloodied clothes at some point during the next episode?

I have played season 1 of the Telltale Walking Dead game in the meantime. Anybody else played it? There are a few points during which you have to make a "which character is going to survive" choice with the exact same controls as the Rodrick?Asher choice and sometimes it turns out both characters life/die regardless of what you did, or the character you saved perishes soon after.  

Archived