Bill Cosby: I Spy Lies and Lawyers

Tywin Manderly

Not much of a rip, but I understand the sentiment. Herb Boyd, a black journalist, similarly chastises Bill Cosby. http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2014/dec/18/dr-huxtable-heal-thy-self/

Apparently, Cosby has voiced his opinion on how Black media should handle the affair. “Let me say this,” he told a reporter with the New York Post. “I only expect Black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism, and when you do that you have to go with a neutral mind.”

His neutrality is clearly not evident in this regard, since he is sending the Black press a message through a white newspaper. We were told that he was not talking to the press, at least not to some of the press.

“They don’t want me talking to the media,” he told the Post, after he had spoken with a reporter.

This kind of behavior is symptomatic of his condition. On the one hand, he has nothing to say but is willing to chitchat with a paper that is generally hostile to the Black community. Go figure.

Cosby is trying to have it both ways.

Even so, we consider him innocent until he’s proven guilty, and we would hope that our willingness to be fair has some influence on his future attitude. The allegations are deeply disturbing, and if any one of them proves to be true, all of that chastising and berating of young Black men, his talking down to the Black community, would stand as the epitome of hypocrisy and unsavory acts of a miscreant. At some of these forums, he belittled young Black men and told them to pull up their pants, while he may have been taking his off.

• 6 months later...

So.....if you haven't seen the news yet, news organizations convinced a judge to unseal a deposition made by Cosby 10 years ago, as part of a law suit against him, in which he admitted he obtained a prescription for Quaaludes, which he gave to women he wanted to have sex with. He said in the deposition that the women all took the drugs knowingly, but when asked if there were any women he gave the drugs to who didn't know they were getting drugs, his lawyer told him not to answer the question.

The story seems to have moved some of his supporters to the other side.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6d90b1f473f147ed9f0048f9e9ac2287/apnewsbreak-cosby-said-he-got-drugs-give-women-sex

Comments?

So.....if you haven't seen the news yet, news organizations convinced a judge to unseal a deposition made by Cosby 10 years ago, as part of a law suit against him, in which he admitted he obtained a prescription for Quaaludes, which he gave to women he wanted to have sex with. He said in the deposition that the women all took the drugs knowingly, but when asked if there were any women he gave the drugs to who didn't know they were getting drugs, his lawyer told him not to answer the question.

The story seems to have moved some of his supporters to the other side.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6d90b1f473f147ed9f0048f9e9ac2287/apnewsbreak-cosby-said-he-got-drugs-give-women-sex

Comments?

Well, if it wasn't obvious before (and I believe it was due to the sheer number of his accusers) it sure as hell is now. Was a huge fan of his early comedy. His records were some of my first exposure to the art form. I have nothing but contempt and sadness for the man now. He appears to me now as a sad, pathetic little man.

Pretty much the only people who continue to stand by Cosby and defend him are unashamed rape apologists. Like Whoopi Goldberg, who has defended Polanski raping a 13 year old and now continues to defend Cosby by arguing that he's innocent until proven guilty. Apparently him admitting to giving women drugs along with a large number of women coming forward isn't enough to at least cast doubt. Bounce TV has also waited until now to pull reruns of his show because apparently the word of 40 women wasn't enough until the man got to have his say.

• 5 months later...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-criminally-charged-2004-sex-assault-case-n487876

'Embattled comedian Bill Cosby will be arraigned Wednesday for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman 12 years ago — facing the first criminal charges against him after a series of rape accusations began mounting last year.'

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-criminally-charged-2004-sex-assault-case-n487876

'Embattled comedian Bill Cosby will be arraigned Wednesday for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman 12 years ago — facing the first criminal charges against him after a series of rape accusations began mounting last year.'

Don't have a lot of faith that this will stick, but I'm glad his feet are being put to the fire legally.

Don't have a lot of faith that this will stick, but I'm glad his feet are being put to the fire legally.

Yeah... I mean, Prosecutors are not supposed to bring charges that they know they will not be able to prove... but the fact that they apparently waited until literally the last few days before the 12 year Statute of Limitations ended... doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. 

Archived