Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

People who play the videogame Crusader Kings II might have also played the Game of Thrones Mod.

If so, share your most memorable experience with the Mod.

For those who have not heard of the mod, follow the link below.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/crusader-kings-2-a-game-of-thrones-ck2agot

Its the greatest game ever (the game of thrones MOD, that is, never played it without the MOD). I got like 300 hours gameplay, and I am NOT a gamer.. Normally I hate it. So everybody should try it.

Hmm.. to answer your question; I dont know.. Mance took over the place last time I played- with Tywin on the throne.. He died fighting Mance and Jaime became king (Tywin dismissed him as KG).. I was playing as Rickon; warden of the north.. Got my ass kicked by Mance before this.

Burning Ramsay to cure Shireen's greyscale.

Randomly observing that Robb Stark was an independent count surrounded by Bolton-controlled North. He had been blinded, too.

Having Aegon bludgeoned over the head and made incapable in his first battle against Argilac. There goes the Conquest.

Burning Ramsay to cure Shireen's greyscale.

Randomly observing that Robb Stark was an independent count surrounded by Bolton-controlled North. He had been blinded, too.

Having Aegon bludgeoned over the head and made incapable in his first battle against Argilac. There goes the Conquest.

What? I thought you could only do that with people of king blood? I suppose I have not played enough as Stannis.. Its so hard :( I almost never find Rickon, and Jon will never join me, so the North does not really support me.. Then Aegon kicks my sorry ass and I have to fight without the stormlands.. The money from IB does not really help either since before the war is over you'll be out of cash.. And all my sellswords (which they give me) just start dying when they march in the north.

What? I thought you could only do that with people of king blood? I suppose I have not played enough as Stannis.. Its so hard :( I almost never find Rickon, and Jon will never join me, so the North does not really support me.. Then Aegon kicks my sorry ass and I have to fight without the stormlands.. The money from IB does not really help either since before the war is over you'll be out of cash.. And all my sellswords (which they give me) just start dying when they march in the north.

You can hire the fiery hand as stannis, they are 6666 soldiers and are very helpfull.

In the version I played (it may have been updated?) you can burn anyone and there's a list of things you can do in the plot menu. Stuff like protection in battles, curing wounded and maimed people, etc. I've basically never left the North when playing as Stannis though. Usually I start at the AFFC point, defeat the Boltons (using that stack of mercenaries the IB loan gives you), give the lordship of the North to some random Northmen (which makes everyone love me), and then get bored and quit.

My funnest games are usually as Aegon the Conqueror. It's a bit like playing as Charlemagne in the base game with all the scripted events and different paths you can go down... until some random peasant turns you into a drooling mess, ofc.

Its the greatest game ever (the game of thrones MOD, that is, never played it without the MOD). I got like 300 hours gameplay, and I am NOT a gamer.. Normally I hate it. So everybody should try it.

I agree. It's amazing!

I've found playing as the Iron Islands to be really fun as well, especially if you can get independence from the IT.

My funnest games are usually as Aegon the Conqueror. It's a bit like playing as Charlemagne in the base game with all the scripted events and different paths you can go down... until some random peasant turns you into a drooling mess, ofc.

I played an Aegon I game, and found that if you take the Vale before declaring yourself king of anything, you can pretty much just conquer all of Essos automatically. Every kingdom I declared war on bent the knee :D

My favourite starting scenario is the Dance of The Dragons. I always play as either Queen Rhaenyra or one of her bannermen. One play through saw her reign as Queen for over 40 years. She started a love affair with the commander of the gold cloaks - her son, Luke, - and was eventually succeeded by Jace's grandson. (Jace was married to Rhaena matrilineally.)

She died having conquered New Valyria and part of the lands the Dothraki roamed, as well as the Stepstones and part of the Summer Isles. Having a shit load of dragons helped with conquering the smaller regions - most just submitted to her. Those that she had to actually conquer ended up with their rulers deposed and one of her kin put in charge. Unsurprisingly there were mini scuffles amongst the numerous brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles etc.

I was genuinely sad when she died, but touched to see that Luke was depressed after her death. (Baella had died before the affair began.) Not long after he asked to take the black, I think. I liked to imagine it wasn't a coincidence.

Does anyone have any tips for getting into this game? I really want to play but it just seems insanely complicated I don't know where to start. I tried watching some walk through vids but they just left me more confused.

Its not. I can play with you online and show you the ropes if you'd want too.

What a spoon of knife and fork said I bought ck2 when it was on sale because I've played too much m2tw but it seems too in depth and I want to try it again.

Does anyone have any tips for getting into this game? I really want to play but it just seems insanely complicated I don't know where to start. I tried watching some walk through vids but they just left me more confused.

I'd suggest playing as the Duke of Munster (I think it's called Mumu currently) in Ireland, at the Stamford Bridge start. You're the biggest player in Ireland, you have an immediate claim on Desmond (or whatever it's crazy new Irish name is) to your south, you have a count vassal, you have a decent-sized dynasty for your position, and you're safe from any of those massive realms on the mainland. You basically get to learn all the basic mechanics in a quiet, non-dangerous area. There's a bit of a learning curve regardless of where you start, but Ireland's occasionally called Tutorial Island for a reason. :drunk:

I played an Aegon I game, and found that if you take the Vale before declaring yourself king of anything, you can pretty much just conquer all of Essos automatically. Every kingdom I declared war on bent the knee :D

Hah, I'll have to try that. I don't think I've ever not immediately declared myself king of westeros as Aegon.

One of the best things is forming New Valyria as Aegon I

.. Is it not just too hard to keep it together? And I thought they had not really figured it out yet.. Because you can't raise any soliders.. When someone declares war on you, you cant raise any men, so you have to hope some of your vassals will declare for you, which they never do.. But I've only tried this on the old versions.

.. Is it not just too hard to keep it together? And I thought they had not really figured it out yet.. Because you can't raise any soliders.. When someone declares war on you, you cant raise any men, so you have to hope some of your vassals will declare for you, which they never do.. But I've only tried this on the old versions.

The reason you cant raise any soldiers is probably because all of the leaders of the free cities hate you because of your different goverment type, you need to work to make them happy, but after you do its pretty fun colonising the ruins of north valyria, because some cool events happen (dragon eggs,valyrian swords etc...)

Archived