Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

Some questions:

- What can you do against child mortality? I had male twins by Sansa (one was a genius) and both died - one from pneunomia and the other of something else :(

- Can a child inherit both attractive and genius? Of my four children so far, two had genius and none attractive

- My heir is a genius and I'm currenty educating him at the Twins by Lame Lothar Frey (a grey eminence I think). Is it better to educate him by myself (Elusive Shadow)? Does learning have an effect on the child's education like the tooltip claims? Arumba didn't say so in his tutorial I think.

- Is it worth to try and claim the High Lordships of your vassals? One of them will die soon without an heir. Can I keep a High Lordship of a location after giving the castle/lordship itself away to one of my vassals?

- Is there a way to gain piety quick? I can only start my claim against the North with 100 piety (Ramsay is fighting against heretics - Stannis I assume).

- My relation to Daenerys is extremly good (+100). At some point Littlefinger should obviously start trying to get on the IT himself. How much would a Faceless Man cost to kill Daenerys and how can I get my dynasty in line of succession for the throne?

Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! :)

- Pray, or if you are a R'hllor worshipper, be prepared to call in some divine intervention when a child falls ill.

- Yes, but the chances are low.

- There are real benefits to educating a child on your own. For example, you can influence the acquisition of traits such as the 7 Virtues and the 7 Sins through events. I believe that increasing the child's Learning makes it easier for the child to pick up stat boosts and a better whatever-it's-called (Grey Eminence, Elusive Shadow, etc.), but I can't remember for sure.

- You can keep the High Lordship in exchange for a relationship malus with the Lord. Your circumstances will determine whether it's worth it to hold onto the High Lordship.

- I can't recall a lot of methods to pick up Piety fast. Generally, you pick up Piety if you have the right traits, make the right gestures towards religious personages, and so on. For example, if you're a R'hllor worshipper, I'm pretty sure that burning people increases your Piety.

- Fabricate a claim to the Iron Throne. Or make sure that your son marries her daughter (or the reverse in a matrilineal marriage) before removing the rest of her children. Faceless Man prices are random but never cheap - expect prices such as thousands of gold, your children, and your limbs.

Some questions:

- What can you do against child mortality? I had male twins by Sansa (one was a genius) and both died - one from pneunomia and the other of something else :(

- Can a child inherit both attractive and genius? Of my four children so far, two had genius and none attractive

- My heir is a genius and I'm currenty educating him at the Twins by Lame Lothar Frey (a grey eminence I think). Is it better to educate him by myself (Elusive Shadow)? Does learning have an effect on the child's education like the tooltip claims? Arumba didn't say so in his tutorial I think.

- Is it worth to try and claim the High Lordships of your vassals? One of them will die soon without an heir. Can I keep a High Lordship of a location after giving the castle/lordship itself away to one of my vassals?

- Is there a way to gain piety quick? I can only start my claim against the North with 100 piety (Ramsay is fighting against heretics - Stannis I assume).

- My relation to Daenerys is extremly good (+100). At some point Littlefinger should obviously start trying to get on the IT himself. How much would a Faceless Man cost to kill Daenerys and how can I get my dynasty in line of succession for the throne?

1.Nothing

2.Yes, But it is extremely unlikely

3.If you Educate your children then you get the choice on whtt Traits they get, so it is very good to Educate important characters yourself and Littlefinger has great stats.

4.High Lordships are usless, the only one you need is the one where your home province is.

5.Try Converting any non-Fot7 provinces you have, you get 15 each.

6.Facless men's prices are randomised but it can range from a 1000 gold to your Firstborn's Life

7.Try Marrying your hier to a princess of the iron throne, and in 2 generations you should be able to claim The IT for yourself, you can also decalre yourself king of the Trident if that is what you want.

I haven't played that much yet, but I bought CK2 specifically for the Game Of Thrones mod. I still have to learn a lot, but I am completely hooked.

I'm playing as Littlefinger in AFFC. I've decided to secretly betroth myself to Sansa and focus on the Riverlands. As his regent I decided to take some liberties regarding my recompense from Robert Arryn's treasure chamber. Robert Arryn's education was "unfortunately" very bad and now a complete idiot, with every trait on 0, sits at the Eyrie and has to struggle with his vassals.

When Sansa was 16 I married her, to produce some attractive/genius offspring. Unfortunately the reveal of Sansa Stark strained the relationship to King Tommen somewhat, but he was kind enough to grant me the Lordship of the Riverlands anyways, although he only gave me a small part of its vassals.

About that time Daenerys started her invasion of Westeros (she didn't even go to Meereen as far as I can tell) and as a good strategist I decided to let those guys fight for a while. The warscore slightly tipped in favor of Daenerys, so I offered to join the war and pledged fealty to her. Slightly after that Tommen was killed and King's Landing taken. I was assigned Hand of the King, which gave me the joy to lead the process against Cersei which ended in her execution after a passionate accusal of mine. Also I was given the choice by Daenerys on what to do with Stokeworth after Lord Bronn lead a hopeless rebellion against the throne. Under mysterious circumstances the rule of Stokeworth now falls in the hands of Petyr Baelish.

I have now united the Riverlands under my rule and plan to use my claim to the North (Sansa) soon.

Some questions:

1. Well, its a health question. Some children (without traits like weak) just have lower health. You should try to marry someone with trait of "strong"-> if your children gets it they have more health. I do believe that it also depends on the parents (i THINK), so marrying Walder Frey (who got like 11 in health) your children will have more

2. If both parents have a trait (which you're born with; strong, attractive, huge etc) its 1/4 chance that your children will get it.

3. Do NOT focus upon what you got as an education when you make the choice of who shall educate your children. ONLY focus upon the numbers they got (as well as traits). Since you're LF then yes, you should do it yourself. BUT it depends on what you're education your son to become.. If you're training him to become a solider, then no, get some other guy to do it-> but make sure he have good traits as well as high martial.

4. You cant attack em. You can only revoke it when you have a claim without getting the tyrant trait. However its useless unless you got a friend which you can give it too

5. you can always cheat, heh.

6. I disagree with Gibtiz on this one... Nope you'll not get it in two generations-> It depends on which line the princess you marry are in succession..

But there are a millions methods. You can try and marry a princess, then she'll get a weak claim when the current king dies.. Then you can press her claim-> then your heirs children will become king.

You can also try and become the strongest vassal and wipe out the royal family

You may try and get the royal family soo in debt that they can not pay their debts.. You will then be given the chance to take the throne if you pay the price..

Is there a certain version you have to have?

I think you have to have 2.1.6 (of CK II) to play the mod. It's an old version, but it's available if you go to properties/betas/(and then select the version) on steam. I'm not sure how to do it if you don't have the steam version, but there probably is an option.

The GoT Mo will be updated soon enough to work with 2.2.(whatever the newest version is)

I think you have to have 2.1.6 (of CK II) to play the mod. It's an old version, but it's available if you go to properties/betas/(and then select the version) on steam. I'm not sure how to do it if you don't have the steam version, but there probably is an option.

The GoT Mo will be updated soon enough to work with 2.2.(whatever the newest version is)

Nope, I'm playing with the newest.

Nope, I'm playing with the newest.

When did you download/update the mod?

Well.. You always have citadel.phhb-> the offical site of Ck2 game of thrones MOD.

True. I'm biased towards this forum though, and there's probably lots of other multiplayer games over there. Good idea though. If we don't get enough steam on here, I'll definitely look over there. :)

When did you download/update the mod?

True. I'm biased towards this forum though, and there's probably lots of other multiplayer games over there. Good idea though. If we don't get enough steam on here, I'll definitely look over there. :)

Hmm.. I updated it last week or something? Have not checked if there are any new updates. But I cant be sure.

Forgot to mention that wildfire is really, really useful for burning out stubborn castles, particularly if you are willing to roll the dice. It's not as good as dragons, but to be fair, nothing is as good as dragons.

Wildfire actually makes the sieges of the strongest Essosi strongholds bearable.

Forgot to mention that wildfire is really, really useful for burning out stubborn castles, particularly if you are willing to roll the dice. It's not as good as dragons, but to be fair, nothing is as good as dragons.

Wildfire actually makes the sieges of the strongest Essosi strongholds bearable.

Que?! I've never actually used wildfire before... I thought it was only to protect yourself when sieged.. Only made wildfire when I was the Targs and when my regime falls down it always falls down sooo hard that I've not used it since I'll loose anyways. Haha, I'll have to try this tomorrow!

How can you get wildfire?

Thanks for all the replies btw, guys!

How can you get wildfire?

Thanks for all the replies btw, guys!

You need to have a Pyromancers Guild in your capital. There's one in King's Landing, but you can get the option to build one if your character is really, really into that kind of thing.

Que?! I've never actually used wildfire before... I thought it was only to protect yourself when sieged.. Only made wildfire when I was the Targs and when my regime falls down it always falls down sooo hard that I've not used it since I'll loose anyways. Haha, I'll have to try this tomorrow!

It can blow up in your face pretty badly, but after seeing the numbers for Qarth, I figured that I'd take what I could get.

Bought this game a week ago and this thread made me want to start so I went the duke of Munster married a Norwegian princess and with Norways help managed to take the province you start with a claim to but I'm looking for advice.

1 if I want to educate my child myself do I have to arrange that myself or does it just happen I have a son and daughter both about 2 or 3

2 I plan on downloading the mod once my skill level is more than pathetic at this game so does it work on current patch and do I need dlc

Bought this game a week ago and this thread made me want to start so I went the duke of Munster married a Norwegian princess and with Norways help managed to take the province you start with a claim to but I'm looking for advice.

1 if I want to educate my child myself do I have to arrange that myself or does it just happen I have a son and daughter both about 2 or 3

2 I plan on downloading the mod once my skill level is more than pathetic at this game so does it work on current patch and do I need dlc

1. You have to arrange it.

2. You do not need a DLC.

Archived