Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

I'll often get game crashes at a specific date -- it doesn't matter what I do, on a certain date it will crash and I have to restart the scenario, or start a different one.

Also -- sometime the hardwired events screw around with the game mechanics -- as Robb Stark, I got Dany to marry me... but then she gets an automatic marriage to Hizdahr and our marriage disappears.

The "heir" mechanics are weird sometimes too -- as Dany, I conquered Slaver's Bay (three Kingdoms of Yunkai, Astapor, and Meereen) and the Iron Throne, and married Edric Storm and had 3 sons. The first son was the heir to everything but Yunkai, and my second son was the heir to Yunkai. No idea why.

I'll often get game crashes at a specific date -- it doesn't matter what I do, on a certain date it will crash and I have to restart the scenario, or start a different one.

Also -- sometime the hardwired events screw around with the game mechanics -- as Robb Stark, I got Dany to marry me... but then she gets an automatic marriage to Hizdahr and our marriage disappears.

The "heir" mechanics are weird sometimes too -- as Dany, I conquered Slaver's Bay (three Kingdoms of Yunkai, Astapor, and Meereen) and the Iron Throne, and married Edric Storm and had 3 sons. The first son was the heir to everything but Yunkai, and my second son was the heir to Yunkai. No idea why.

It's still in beta, but even as a beta it's amazing.

In a recent playthrough I was Renly and I bent the knee to Stannis and then married Dany who decided to give me like 4 dragon eggs and 2 dragons. We took the throne from Stannis, and then I assassinated Dany and with my army of dragons (and Brienne who had an insanely high martial) proceeded to conquer all of Essos. :)

Stannis lived out the rest of his years as the General of the Golden Company, and Loras for some reason ditched me to join the warrior's sons. -_-

The 'heir' mechanics are determined by your society's laws. There should be a tab somewhere telling you what the current laws are. It can get complicated. Inheritance laws can be changed, but usually it involves getting enough vassals to like you to vote for the change. Further complicating the issue, is different kingdoms can have different inheritance laws.

The most basic is primogeniture, where the eldest child gets everything. Another common one is gavelkind, where every male child gets an inheritance. While the eldest will get the crown in this system, its not uncommon for a younger child to end up with more provinces than their elder creating a very unstable situation.

Check out the full list here: http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Succession_Laws

The 'heir' mechanics are determined by your society's laws. There should be a tab somewhere telling you what the current laws are. It can get complicated. Inheritance laws can be changed, but usually it involves getting enough vassals to like you to vote for the change. Further complicating the issue, is different kingdoms can have different inheritance laws.

The most basic is primogeniture, where the eldest child gets everything. Another common one is gavelkind, where every male child gets an inheritance. While the eldest will get the crown in this system, its not uncommon for a younger child to end up with more provinces than their elder creating a very unstable situation.

Check out the full list here: http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Succession_Laws

In the mod I'm pretty sure primogeniture is the default for Fot7, which is what Dany is irc. I think it may have actually just been a bug.

Speaking of bugs, is anyone else blocked out from playing a Jon campaign in a Feast for Crows? It's says I can't do it b/c the nw is a republic (even though it's not...) despite having the republic playing add on enabled.

So I am guessing the "Way of Life" modpack doesn't really add all that much?

The way of life modpack adds new traits and new focuses.

For example, if your focus is hunting or rulership you get events which increase the chances of having traits or friends. If your focus is studying, you can build an observatory and either follow the path of Galileo or try to delve into a necromancy.

One that I think has the most impact is the 'seduction' focus, which allows you to seduce any character of compatible gender and orientation. Though it is one at a time, it is much more hands on than just waiting for one of your courtiers to take a fancy to you. Plus, if you have the seducer/seductress trait, you have a 100% success probability of seducing any character you set your gaze on.

I heard that the seducer trait just ends up with all the characters "making the eight" and the whole game becoming one mass orgie. Is it worth the $7?

You could get it during a Steam Sale for a lesser price.

In a recent playthrough I was Renly and I bent the knee to Stannis and then married Dany who decided to give me like 4 dragon eggs and 2 dragons. We took the throne from Stannis, and then I assassinated Dany and with my army of dragons (and Brienne who had an insanely high martial) proceeded to conquer all of Essos. :)

Stannis lived out the rest of his years as the General of the Golden Company, and Loras for some reason ditched me to join the warrior's sons. -_-

I agree it's amazing -- I've been having loads and loads of fun. In my first long run through, I started with Robb Stark, successfully defended the north, married Myrcella (who had inherited the throne after Joffrey and Tommen were assassinated), and gave birth to a Stark dynasty on the Iron Throne. Only a bit of cheating was involved :)

After a few more generations (and a bit more cheating), there was a Stark on the thrones (or equivalent) of Braavos, Yunkai, Myr, Lys, and Starks as the Prince of Dorne, Lord of the Reach, Lord of the Stormlands, and eventually Lord of the Westerlands, with only the Riverlands, Vale, and the Iron Islands with non-Starks as their Lords Paramount.

It was great fun. It was hard to stop, too, even though there was very little else for me to accomplish (and even though I was cheating quite a bit) -- it's just so much fun seeing Stark after Stark after Stark in power and with big, happy families.

In my current game as Daenerys, the Boltons ruled the north -- but after almost two decades on the Iron Throne, I get a message that someone calling himself Rickon Stark has been found, Dire Wolf and all (complete with "Stoneborn" culture)! With a bit of politicking, I manage to kill Roose Bolton and his sadistic bastard, and grant the North to Rickon. So a Stark rules the North from Winterfell once again!

I agree it's amazing -- I've been having loads and loads of fun. In my first long run through, I started with Robb Stark, successfully defended the north, married Myrcella (who had inherited the throne after Joffrey and Tommen were assassinated), and gave birth to a Stark dynasty on the Iron Throne. Only a bit of cheating was involved :)

After a few more generations (and a bit more cheating), there was a Stark on the thrones (or equivalent) of Braavos, Yunkai, Myr, Lys, and Starks as the Prince of Dorne, Lord of the Reach, Lord of the Stormlands, and eventually Lord of the Westerlands, with only the Riverlands, Vale, and the Iron Islands with non-Starks as their Lords Paramount.

It was great fun. It was hard to stop, too, even though there was very little else for me to accomplish (and even though I was cheating quite a bit) -- it's just so much fun seeing Stark after Stark after Stark in power and with big, happy families.

What you should do is do all the cheating at the start ; I like using Hightower or Lannister because they're supposed to be ungodly rich and it only makes sense for them to start with buttloads of gold and be pretty smart generally as well. I build up my first few counties so it's a smoother ride through the game; like you really need the castle towns and training grounds early in if you want to go to war and be able to recover from it.

I mean let's face it without cheating you won't be doing much for the first few hours unless you're a major power lol, just nabbing up titles and duchies when you can.

Part of the fun of the game is watching the kingdom and dynasty crumble; I've had a game where I established a cadet dynasty to rule Essos (because it's a huge pain in the ass lol) and eventually had an awesome dance of dragons and most of the dragonlords dying off, including my king, the emperor of Valyria, my two sons, and maaaany other Targaryens who happened to be in castles we were sieging. Often I will also conjure up a mad king with addtrait and then pick some other minor Lord to play and watch it unfurl hehe; it took me over ten hours to build up the Targaryen empire and only one mad king and a few years in game to have the dynasty off the throne and just be Lord of The narrow sea.

You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette right hehe?

Another good thing about the mod is how complete it is. Literally EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in the series is in the game in some place or another.

I've played this mod for well over a year and until recently learned that the mod includes ...

Gendry, Pia, Bella, Thoros, Tysha, and many other characters. This mod really pays close attention to detail.

What is in beta? What is going on?

In my current game as Daenerys, the Boltons ruled the north -- but after almost two decades on the Iron Throne, I get a message that someone calling himself Rickon Stark has been found, Dire Wolf and all (complete with "Stoneborn" culture)! With a bit of politicking, I manage to kill Roose Bolton and his sadistic bastard, and grant the North to Rickon. So a Stark rules the North from Winterfell once again!

What!!

So the missing Stark children actually WILL reappear at some point?!?

Has anyone ever had Arya return?

What!!

So the missing Stark children actually WILL reappear at some point?!?

Has anyone ever had Arya return?

Yes, though in my games Arya only returns when she is twenty years old. And even then she won't accept an invitation to return to Winterfell of you give one playing as Robb Stark.

I started a Hightower game at the War of Five Kings period, yet the starting lord (name escapes me but is already mamed) is useless so I had him commit suicide. After that I couldn't find the Valeryian Steel sword in my traits list. Is this a bug or are only some sons/knights eligible to wield it?

I'm going to make it my aim to kill King Justin Bieber with my own sword and install a Danerys/Edric Storm/Baratheon combination on the throne if possible.

I started a Hightower game at the War of Five Kings period, yet the starting lord (name escapes me but is already mamed) is useless so I had him commit suicide.

That is your first mistake. Console Commands are your friends. Simply adding traits you want and removing traits you don't want can turn even the most useless character into a tall strong attractive genius with legendary swordsman abilities and six different hobbies. Hell, you could use console commands to give Sweetrobin a dragon the size of the titanic and make him the most powerful character in the game.

Archived