Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

I'd be cool with focus being on the central areas... and if we're going minor lordships we'll have plenty of room to expand!

I do believe I'll call dibs on either Esgaroth or Dyre Den, depending on how people want to handle this.

I'd prefer something more modern in the timeline as it is a little more relatable. Still, easy and looking forward to this being set up.

The problem is there will be targ king on the throne and also have events which will push to war. I don't mind someone being king, but a king with dragons will be unchallenged.

Well if we go with a Targaryen King, we'd be back to Lord Paramounts game. Bigger scale for everything...

But I think we've agreed on lowest ranked Lords? As in Counts. :p Would Daemon Blackfyre in Blackfyre rebellion count as a 'lord'? ;) Cause I'm willing to play him!

...And reward those that aid in my rise of course.

I believe I specified Minor lord as being Count tier above.

If we want to go with Dukes or 'high lords' we can, but lets be clear of specifics.

I think we should go with minor lordships/counties, because some high lordships are just way better than others. There are about 7-8 I can think of that are roughly equal, but House Hightower is still easily the best. So we can definitely go with those but we'd all be in different regions pretty much. Reyne, Hightower, Manderly, Rosby, Duskendale, Dayne, Royce, Greyjoy (if pre conquest, Pyke is a great seat)

None of the other Stormlands houses are notable, though there are a few in the riverlands that could qualify. Darry, Frey, or Tully (pre conquest)

It has a lot to do with income tbh. Those are the richer houses of their regions

Okay, if those are the options they sound great. How will we allot the Houses...? I quite fancy a bit of House Royce but random would probably be more fun..

Also, the only problem for myself is as I am in Japan the time difference might be a factor. What exactly are the plans for playing?

Okay... lets go middle of the road and say FREE FOR ALL (Pick either canon or Ruler designed) HIGH LORDS (DUKE tier) as characters I am making this call as the host and based on the clear preference from most players for it. We can always run more games if this works out! :)

How do people feel about play times and what dates are best? Also if you can provide me as the host with your Timezone for convenience sake would help. For clarity I'll be posting the times in GMT+1 or Central European Time.

So people who log in first don't get 'dibs' please post THREE of your top choices, with 1 being most wanted and 3 least wanted. Also indicate if you will be using ruler designer with * for said province. Note: Using House Customizer, becoming a member of a canon dynasty counts as using ruler designer. We'll handle negotiations once all desiring players have posted their choices and can bargain amongst themselves whom they want to go as.

The game will take place at the earliest bookmark, Seven Kingdoms. This way the Seven Kingdoms are in existence and the world is a bit more stable than usually... and if someone wants to conquer stuff with Dragons, there's always the Targaryens and Velaryons... but I am going to insist on one house rule:

If you pick Targaryens or get dragons, you MUST accept players bending the knee rather than scorching each and every last one of their provinces. Dragons are overpowered as per canon and will give a player that has them a massive advantage.. so even if you have to wreck a player to accomplish your goals, please don't make the game 'end' by destroying entire dynasties.

In fact considering banning Targs all together... if someone wants to roll Valyrian there's Velaryons and Celtigars... or what do people think?

My choices/preferences:

1. House Reyne of Castamere

2. House Redwyne of the Arbor

3. House Glover of Wolfswood*

Hopefully all interested parties will have partaken in this by wednesday the 22th of April at which point I'll either migrate us to a new thread or we start arranging for final picks and seeing if we can fit a game to this weekend or something!

noooooooooooooooo it didn't save my post from right before that last server crash.

Columbia South Carolina USA, Eastern Time Zone

Steam username ThatRabidPotato, we'll probably all need to add one another for this.

1. Mallister of Seagard

2. Tarly of Horn Hill

3. Caron of Nightsong

We'll need to coordinate this closely, it's finals week next week for me and NOTHING shall interfere with studying for Russian 202.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the mod and had a lot of fun playing Robb Stark who actually knew wtf he was doing on the political side. Broke off engagement with Frey, betrothed instead to Arianne Martell. I betrothed Sansa and Theon to bring in the Iron Islands and promised poor Arya to the Sweetrobin to gain the Vale.

I sent Robb over to Casterly Rock while the Greyjoys came at them from the Coast, while the Martells and Arynns began attacking from the South and North of the Crownlands. The Tyrells actually rolled over relatively quickly but it took a good while to wipe out the Lannisters, although I did let Stannis soften them up for me. :drunk:

How did you fair once Stannis took the crown?

I am playing a quick game at the moment as the Royces from the first timeline bookmark. I have managed to declare independence from the Vale to begin the Monarchy of Runestone and currently have around half the Vale under my kingdom. The Arryns are in turmoil and in the 60 years I have been playing there have been a number of Monarchs from different houses in the Vale.

Currently married to a Stark so my next aim is some conquest of the North. Love this game. :)

Archived