Bakker XXXII: The Acts of Fane

Anatúrinbor

^to push the tusk on the people? I still think Seswatha is up to no good, though all of these connections w/Inri are interesting. I mean it makes some sense, The Consult is all for the Holy War, they keep saying their war is with the Cishaurim, during the whole first trilogy. So that even make me think that the Fanim got it right. They pushed the tusk/inri and created Inrithism, and was gonna use it to bring the population down to 144,000. Just had to get rid of the pesky Cish, and damn that Dûnyain.,..... It fits if you want it to, doesn't mean its true though.

They pushed the tusk/inri and created Inrithism, and was gonna use it to bring the population down to 144,000.

The glossary mentions the Zealot Wars, a religious war between the Inrithi and the Kiünnat (I think the Kiünnat are followers of the Tusk?)

What if that war was the Consult’s (or someone else’s) first attempt at creating a Holy War similar to the one in Prince of Nothing?

The glossary mentions the Zealot Wars, a religious war between the Inrithi and the Kiünnat (I think the Kiünnat are followers of the Tusk?)

What if that war was the Consults (or someone elses) first attempt at creating a Holy War similar to the one in Prince of Nothing?

They are probably all attempts to shut-out the Outside. This all seems to come together and make sense to me. But then, wasn't it Meöenghus who starts this Holy War?

Turns out fuligin is late Latin for soot and fuliginous is a still used English word. I always thought Gene Wolfe made up that awesome word from whole cloth as the perfect description of the color of Sranc fluids.

I think I read that Wolfe didn't make up any of the words in the solar.cycle.

Not related, but its the end of the year and I'm pretty sure Trisk is an open proponent of Fane. Not sure that any action needs to be taken at this point but what is the Board policy on tarring and feathering those infidels that follow the solitary god? Keep in mind that said infidel is also a armed and also rather hairy so I don't know if that would change the kind of tar you use or not.

Naw the Fanim are the one true faith. Inrithi heathens all of you.

There is no god but the Solitary God and Fane is his messanger.

But seriously based on what we know of the hundred and the Cishaurim, the hundred are basically Ciprang while the Cishaurim remember the timber of the God's voice and have no mark. Plus it would be just like Bakker to first expose us to the wrong religion so we become biased to incorrect metaphysics.

One thing about the Hundred that’s confusing is the idea that they walked the earth back when the stories of the Tusk were happening. Because Bakker said that Ciphrang are creatures of the Outside “through and through.” So if the Hundred are Ciphrang what were they doing in the world back then? And how does that align with the Moënghus ascended to godhood theory?

http://rsbakker.wordpress.com/2014/12/28/waterbug-blues/

I'm wrapping up the rewrites on The Aspect-Emperor now and will be sending out the manuscript in January. If all goes well, perhaps I'll be a bit more difficult to brush under the rug in the near future. As an intellectual masochist, all this love I'm not getting just makes me more horny.

Gotta say the first comment on that post is perfect. Also, the horrifying mobius strip of the rsb commentary therein is almost like a piece of performance art (or reveals just how Michael Scott he is inside).

Yeah, I'm amazed anyone read through that just to get to the part about the manuscript. Kudos to Anatúrinbor, though it's starting to look like 2015 might be optimistic?

That was my initial reaction too, but then I was like "January is here..."

So maybe it'll be late 2015? Doesn't the editor have to go through it again as well? Or is this the end of that back & forth process?

And is it actually called The Aspect Emperor now? Because that is also bad news.

How?

1. Refer to the images in the first comment of the blog post in question

2. Refer to post #10 of this exact thread

3. If still confused, reread this part of the blog post in question.

All this gives me confidence in my incompetence! So I weigh in with observations and questions here and there, on a wide variety of sites and venues. I strive to be polite, but to make my questions as direct as possible—I don’t want to waste my time, let alone anyone else’s. Sometimes I have great exchanges, sometimes I don’t make it past moderation, or if I do, I’m roundly ignored. Sometimes I’m greeted with ad hominem vitriol...

;)

Archived