Small Questions v.10093

Jon Weirgaryen

the alchemist is a faceless man who kills Pate and takes his face to infiltrate the citadel....so was Pate the intended kill target because he had that key? any ideas?

No one knows, truly...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/23576-what-is-the-alchemist-up-to/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/65768-the-face-of-jaqen-the-alchemist-and-daario/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/119367-who-is-pate-and-the-alchemist/

Thanks Rhaenys_Targaryen and Jon Weirgaryen, I'll try to keep that in mind when I'll re-read on Benjen.

Why does Samwell think that his pa is litlle loved in Oldtown?

Randyll took it very bad when Sam suggested he could become a maester, so he doesn't seem to like maesters much. Maybe he stated that publicly and he's known for that, that would make him unpopular in Oldtown.

the alchemist is a faceless man who kills Pate and takes his face to infiltrate the citadel....so was Pate the intended kill target because he had that key? any ideas?

Well the Alchemist hires Pate to get the key, before he kills him once he has it.

Thanks for those threads. Some interesting ideas

There are more. A dude with the handle Mindchsp used to point out the best search technique... Go to Google type your seach words a space and then this...

site:asoiaf.westeros.org

Thanks Rhaenys_Targaryen and Jon Weirgaryen, I'll try to keep that in mind when I'll re-read on Benjen.

Well, it has not taken long. From Game 06 :

His fury was on him. He might have said more, and worse, but Maester Luwin cut in. "Another solution presents itself," he said, his voice quiet. "Your brother Benjen came to me about Jon a few days ago. It seems the boy aspires to take the black."

Why does Benjen discuss this with Luwin instead of directly with Ned, as Jon asked him ? It could be Benjen's own taking the black had to do with Lyanna's secrets, and Benjen finds himself uncomfortable talking about it with Ned ?

Well, it has not taken long. From Game 06 :

Why does Benjen discuss this with Luwin instead of directly with Ned, as Jon asked him ? It could be Benjen's own taking the black had to do with Lyanna's secrets, and Benjen finds himself uncomfortable talking about it with Ned ?

I read that passage as Benjen asking Luwin about Jon in regards to "how mature is the boy? Is he mature enough to survive a hard life, or does he still neef a few years at Winterfell? How is his health? His basic training?" Stuff like that.

My personal take is that, though Benjen is aware of some of the situations surrounding Lyanna, he has not been told about the promises Ned made to Lyanna (and the promises will be a big cause of Neds behavior where Jon is concerned). If Ned hadn't told him about it, and then shows extreme caution when someone wants to discuss Jon, it would make sense if Benjen wanted to get a good picture of the situation first, before bothering Ned about it. Had Luwin told Benjen that Jon wad nowhere ready for a life at the Wall, Benjen would not need to discuss the topic with Ned (yet).

Archived