Small Questions v.10093

Jon Weirgaryen

Not really, this is all there is:

The Sapphire Isle, as some call it, is ruled by House Tarth of Evenfall Hall—an old family of Andal descent that boasts of ties to the Durrandons, the Baratheons, and more recently to House Targaryen.

So I want to read the Dunk and Egg stuff, but are they graphic novels or novellas? Or is there two versions? can someone just explain this to me because i am so confused. I just want to read more Westeros!

They are originally novellas written by GRRM himself, but have been adapted to graphic novels.

An even more recent book, "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms", has all three original novellas in it, as well as some new art. It has already been published in some countries/languages.

GRRM plans on writting a lot more D&E tales, eventually.

ETA: in case you haven't heard of them, you can get even more Westeros (and the rest of Planetos!) in two more short stories, "The Princess and the Queen" (in the "Dangerous Women" anthology) and "The Rogue Prince" (in "Rogues"). Unlike ASOIAF itself and the D&E's, these are fake history books, written by a Maester in-world.

And, of course, the recently published world book, "The World of Ice and Fire", a WHOLE book of maester-written history of Westeros and the rest of the world! It is written by GRRM, as well as Elio/Ran, Hand of the King, Administrator and Founder of westeros.org :)

The Hedge Knight is in the anthology Legends. The Sworn Sword is in the anthology Legends II. Be sure to read the forward to the short story there. The Mystery Knight is in the anthology Warriors. You can get all of them throhug barnesandnoble.com.

Is there any prohibition against kingsguard members participating in tournaments against knights that aren't kingsguard? I know that kingsguard often participate in tournaments, but I somehow remember reading that they aren't supposed to do that. Maybe I heard it in the Dunk and Egg stories or from Aery's kingsguard?

Also another question. What religion were the Targs of old, if they were at all? Thinking like Aegon II era. I's also be interested to know like further down the line. I can't think of any time Dany or Viserys mention the seven... and they obviously don't/wouldn't honor the old gods of the north.... Maybe they left ties to religion in Valyria?

Is there any prohibition against kingsguard members participating in tournaments against knights that aren't kingsguard? I know that kingsguard often participate in tournaments, but I somehow remember reading that they aren't supposed to do that. Maybe I heard it in the Dunk and Egg stories or from Aery's kingsguard?

No.

Also another question. What religion were the Targs of old, if they were at all? Thinking like Aegon II era. I's also be interested to know like further down the line. I can't think of any time Dany or Viserys mention the seven... and they obviously don't/wouldn't honor the old gods of the north.... Maybe they left ties to religion in Valyria?

The worshipped a pantheon of some sort since several of the old dragons were named for Valyrian gods.

The Kingsguard the the Hedge Knight say that it would unbecoming for them to ride agaist those they are swone to protect. Yet at Harrenhall in the Year of the False Spring Ser Arthur Rides agiast the Prince of Dragonstone, something may have change in the 90 years between those two events

The Hedge Knight is in the anthology Legends. The Sworn Sword is in the anthology Legends II. Be sure to read the forward to the short story there. The Mystery Knight is in the anthology Warriors. You can get all of them throhug barnesandnoble.com.

"The Hedge Knight" is also found in "Dreamsongs Volume II"

The Kingsguard the the Hedge Knight say that it would unbecoming for them to ride agaist those they are swone to protect. Yet at Harrenhall in the Year of the False Spring Ser Arthur Rides agiast the Prince of Dragonstone, something may have change in the 90 years between those two events

That's because there were quote a lot of royal princes who were supposed to participate.

Archived